AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?
Jan 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stellier

New Head-Fier
I'm brand new to this whole world of headphones, but I'm interested in comfort, and quality. I listen to Hard rock/Metal such as Rise Against (my fav), Red, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, Egypt Central, some Underoath, A Day to Remember. I prefer over ears, but I'm open to new ideas. I've had the Bose Triports, I liked the comfort, but apparently they don't have very good quality for their price. I'm planning on selling them and buying new headphones, and I've liked the reviews of the Sennheiser HD25 and the AKG K271 MKII's. Any suggestions? I need lots of help as I am a headphone noob :p

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 7
The HD25s are supra-aural and designed for portable use so it doesn't sound like what you're looking for.

The Denon D2000s and Beyerdynamic DT770 might be worth a look depending on what sort of sound you want.

Do you have an amp?  What do you usually use your headphones with?

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 7
What kind of amp?

Are there other qualities you're looking for in your next pair?

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Fiio e6 amP. and I'm looking for a nice pair of rock headphones that I can drum with and listen to music for fun with.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 7
If you want to wear them while drumming you'll need something that will stay secure on your head.

Some version of the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro is probably the best.  None of the others mentioned so far except the HD25s will likely stay on your head.  The E6 should be fine with the either the Beyers or the HD25s

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 7
The AKG K271 MKII's are very light on the bass; I'm pretty sure they wouldn't suit your tastes in music.

Senn HD 25 I II are excellent phones, very dynamic with plenty of punch.
A lot of presence, but not overbearing at all.  Good bass that totally belies their size.
One of my most listened to phones. 

Also - good point someone above made about them staying on your head while drumming - they will do that.
Very durable as well.  Well designed.  (I often wear mine at the gym.)

Beyer 770 80 ohm - will also stay on your head, much bigger than the Senn's.  BIG bottom end.
Too much in fact for me, but a lot of people like it.  High quality headphones.

The Denon 2000  are exceptional sounding phones with great build quality, but they fit loosely and don't isolate well at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back