AKG K271-MKII
Mar 19, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #16 of 88
I had a pair, but sold them to find something more bassy. I'll probably end up buying them again as they were the most comfortable cans I have ever tried. Their sound was absolutely amazing for acustic performances and female vocals, but I needed something with more punch and low-end for my tastes.

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #17 of 88
u might wanna try the ultrasone pro750..or hfi780...within the same price range ...high clarity, and rumbling bass without being muddy.

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #18 of 88
So the AKG hold its own againt your high-end cans ? I liked them and used them ALOT but the comfort is too tight and closed for me but i do miss them for Jazz music.

Mar 19, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #19 of 88
Though mute switch is partially defective in my cans, I have to say that 271 mkII are great headphones and love them at higher listening volumes. Great for classic music. Don't like AKG velor pads, their quality is very poor and are uncomfortable, Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser  makes them much much better.

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #20 of 88
@quintron

Seeing as you own both the ATH M50 and the k271, I was wondering how they compare to each other in terms of sound quality and which one is better for what type of music, and how they sound amped/unamped.

Also if y'know of any headphones that are better or worth considering in the ~$100 to $150 USD price range

thanks.

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #21 of 88

Quote:
sorry to add to an "old" thread....but when this can is sooooo GOOOOD...
there is no issue to adding another praise for this k271mkii.
Just gotten it on the cheap, didnt know its so light n comfy on the head.
First off, the soundstage was wide deep involving , playing off my little hippo gumstick.
I have decided to leave this set in my truck for long traffic jamsssss..
and i can have my own jammmming session in the cabin. 
L3000.gif

ps: it didnt sound like a closed can to me.

if you don't think they sound like a closed can, try a set of Beyer pads.  the hole openings are larger than the K271 velour and you will get an even more open can sound.

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #22 of 88
I have it on my head now....didn't feel the clamping force nor the velor discomfort..
Maybe my coconut head is smaller :)

Must re emphasize that I am playing this AKG out of a tiny player called the hippo gumstick..
Which has a warmer signature, and supposedly high current class A amp inside.

When I plug it into my iPad, the sound just cools down a notch...
But would say it is still a superb can.

Of cos the T1 is a class above in terms of clarity..
But price value wise, the k271 is in the game n no slacker. :)

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #23 of 88
Is it true the auto switch can be disabled....tot I read it somewhere.:rolleyes:

Mar 20, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #24 of 88

Quote:
Though mute switch is partially defective in my cans, I have to say that 271 mkII are great headphones and love them at higher listening volumes. Great for classic music. Don't like AKG velor pads, their quality is very poor and are uncomfortable, Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser  makes them much much better.

This really shows why you should always try headphones on your own head - I absolutely loved the AKG velour pads and would wear them for 6-8 hours straight without any discomfort.

Mar 20, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #25 of 88
I simply love the k271s - easily among the most favorite phones I have ever owned. I use them primarily with my uDac2 and Macbook pro or iPad - and mostly as a secondary set when I'm looking for some isolation (i.e in bed). To be honest - they are one of the main reasons I felt ok to part with my k701s as I simply preferred the SS of the k271s over the k701s. The bass presentation on the 271s is very rich to me - some think they are light there - I don't share that opinion and their mids shine. They probably also contributed to me sending my D2000s packing as well.

While I agree the clamp is a bit tight - they are by no means uncomfortable to my head - and I think the fit helps in the leakage dept. 

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #26 of 88
tat reminds me to send the t5p packing too... 
beyersmile.png

i have already found the Fischer003 a new home, awaiting delivery. 

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #27 of 88
the k271mkii didnt sound as lively when put onto a burson amp...
a tad cooler than on my little hippo gumstick.
guess i wont be bringing this k271 home,
gonna leave it in my truck :)

May 18, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #30 of 88
I love it when comments about these pop up - I simply adore mine, nearly an all time favorite of the many phones I have owned. For listening - isolation is almost as good as I've ever had - I listen in bed through a udac2 out of either my macbook pro or iPad and my wife hears virtually nothing. The SS (to my tastes) surpassed my old k701s which I sold (yes - I amp'd them properly - with an awesome M-Stage which went with them in the sale) - I just enjoyed the 271s better and felt the bass was really rich, and of course the mids are world class. I really think they are that good.

Side note - I took up guitar about 6 months ago and started using them also as a studio monitor type phone (out of an Apogee One) and they excel. This pair will never leave my house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back