1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jon l, Jun 15, 2007.
First

Back
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Next

Last
  1. troymadison

I think he is talking about the newer version 990.

2. Tiemen

That's exactly the trouble with the first gen DT990. Over the years, the stock ear pads became as flat as a pancake. And you can't buy new ones. So you have either to stuff the stock pads, or use alternatives. Each choice will have an impact on the perceived sound.
    No matter which pad I used, I found them too sibilant.

3. vid
    Stuffing the pads isn't a problem, since cotton wool is cheap and works well acoustically with the old pads. Regarding the effect on sound overall, your physical ear will impact the sound waves to an extent well in excess of the manufacturer's specs - ie. they didn't design the signature with your particular ear's filtering effects in mind. The sound is 'compromised' whichever phones you have and whatever your pad options, so notions of "the way it was meant to be" can only slow you down.

4. DisCHORDDubstep
    How can I open these up if the screws are rusty?...

5. troymadison
    pliers?

6. Armaegis
    Rusted stuck? or rusted stripped head?

7. truly194
    How to get sure that i have sextett's, not a normal model of k240? Mine doesn't have a original cable or a headband, There is only written "for outputs 4-600 ohm k240 made in austria" on the right cup.

8. RUMAY408

Post a picture of them here, the writing you described is right for the sextet.

9. truly194
    I have been  thinking that i ve got sextetts, but yesterday i look at some auctions at local website and there people are selling headphones which look the same as mine very cheap (+- 80$).

I will post pictures today.

10. Tiemen

Please post pics of the (uncovered) drivers. That's the only way to determine a Sextett.

11. truly194
    How i can dissamble this HP's to take a picture uncovered driver?

12. Tiemen

You don't have to disamble them. Just take off the ear pads and the plastic screen.
    If the screen is difficult to remove, just take a picture of what you can see through the screen.

See also http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=AKG_K240_Series

13. truly194
    P1410441.jpg

14. troymadison
    Looks like a mid-production sextett due to the outer red rim on the passive drivers

15. vid
    Monitor drivers were used as replacements for sextetts coming in for servicing. No way to know but by disassembly.

First

Back
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Next

Last