AIAIAI TMA-1
Mar 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,066 of 1,345
Hi people.

Having my TMA-1 for 1,5 years and they're absolutely amazing, but i manly use them for long sessions and they hurt a little after some hours. I look very closed to the TMA-1 Studio and i felt in love with PU foam pads. 

I was wondering if anyone has bought and using them to TMA-1 Dj. For what i read, they should fit perpectly, as they both have the same form, but im not sure. Then there's the sound, it would be perfect to be the same. They are quite expensive, 34€, so it would be a shame to buy them and then not using xd

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #1,067 of 1,345
Quote:
Hi people.

Having my TMA-1 for 1,5 years and they're absolutely amazing, but i manly use them for long sessions and they hurt a little after some hours. I look very closed to the TMA-1 Studio and i felt in love with PU foam pads. 

I was wondering if anyone has bought and using them to TMA-1 Dj. For what i read, they should fit perpectly, as they both have the same form, but im not sure. Then there's the sound, it would be perfect to be the same. They are quite expensive, 34€, so it would be a shame to buy them and then not using xd

Well, I don't have the PU foam pads anymore, but they should be interchangeable, yes. I just tried it with the Leather Studio pads and they fit [seemingly] perfectly. I see no reason why the PU foam would be any different. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,070 of 1,345
I've been glaring at these for a year or more now, never really pulled the trigger (aka buy button). For several reasons, one being that i've always prefered neutral response cans with more or less harsh high and so on. Currently having my "dreamphone" AKG K 601 paired with a cool amp, been enjoying them alot for a long time. But lately I've just grown so darn tired of the sound to be honest. 

I dont find music entertaining anymore, it's just there and making sounds if you know what i mean. So I've thought about it more and more to go over to the "dark side", hence the huge interest in the AIAIAI TMA's. I'm not sure whether to get the TMA-1 DJ's or the Studios, probably gonna use them both at home and on the go, trains etc. 

I'm just so sick of trying to pursue the perfect neutral sound "as good intended", it's just ridiculous, I wanna have fun with my music. I want Very smooth highs and thumping bass, with an audible midrange of course. I just dont wanna hear those harsh earpiercing useless highs anymore, even if it's linear and frequency perfect, thats just not what music is about. 
So back to the question at hand, the AIAIAI's (DJ or Studios?) or something else thats MegaFun? 

:D

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #1,071 of 1,345
Try VModa's before you get these. The M-100's has accentuated, but inoffensive treble, bass slam has great texture and extends deep. The M-80's are the more "reference" sounding of the two, but still has a very engaging signature. The bass has more impact than the M-100's, but extension isn't as deep.
Comparatively, I found the TMA-1's bass more single-noted than the V-Moda's. Without EQ'ing, the TMA-1's sound a bit lifeless(which doesn't seem to fit the description of what you're looking for).

Bottom line: Warmth and euphoric midrange is the M-80's strength; while the M-100's improve on the treble presence, bass depth and control, but sacrifice some midrange to achieve their signature.
Both of which I found tremendously more entertaining than the TMA-1's
smile.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #1,072 of 1,345
Quote:
I've been glaring at these for a year or more now, never really pulled the trigger (aka buy button). For several reasons, one being that i've always prefered neutral response cans with more or less harsh high and so on. Currently having my "dreamphone" AKG K 601 paired with a cool amp, been enjoying them alot for a long time. But lately I've just grown so darn tired of the sound to be honest. 

I dont find music entertaining anymore, it's just there and making sounds if you know what i mean. So I've thought about it more and more to go over to the "dark side", hence the huge interest in the AIAIAI TMA's. I'm not sure whether to get the TMA-1 DJ's or the Studios, probably gonna use them both at home and on the go, trains etc. 

I'm just so sick of trying to pursue the perfect neutral sound "as good intended", it's just ridiculous, I wanna have fun with my music. I want Very smooth highs and thumping bass, with an audible midrange of course. I just dont wanna hear those harsh earpiercing useless highs anymore, even if it's linear and frequency perfect, thats just not what music is about. 
So back to the question at hand, the AIAIAI's (DJ or Studios?) or something else thats MegaFun? 

:D

The only problem I think both TMA-1 have is that they only fit with very few styles of music. If you mainly listen to vocal, fresh, spacious, acoustic... music styles, you'll be a little bit disappointed with them. Aleki's suggestions are the best options, with hd-25, ATM M50 or beyer dt-1350. But if you listen to EDM, hip hop, R&B, etc your brain will blow out with TMA-1.

With that, Studio tends to be a little bit more open that Dj, and definitely more comfortable. But some people say that they've worst SQ, as they are a tuned version of Dj, so they lost a little bit of the original signature. I have the Dj version and I always run them with EQ, boosting the trebles, as I mostly listen to trance and progressive, which are more melodical styles.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #1,073 of 1,345
Hi my Tma-1 just snapped in the middle & I think the only thing holding it together is the wire connecting between the left & right cans, how long more will it last? (I just have enough to get a lenco L 82 or a new can like AKG K240 MKII )

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #1,074 of 1,345
Hi SunJ

please contact customerservice@aiaiai.dk - they should be able to sort you out with a new headband ASAP... unfortunately we had a faulty batch of headphones in a production run late 2012 and we do all we can to help people who have experience this weakness in the durability

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #1,075 of 1,345
Hi SunJ

please contact customerservice@aiaiai.dk - they should be able to sort you out with a new headband ASAP... unfortunately we had a faulty batch of headphones in a production run late 2012 and we do all we can to help people who have experience this weakness in the durability

Hi I just sent an email to you please help, thanks alot.

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #1,076 of 1,345
This company is amazing

The warranty replacement headphones got lost in the mail i guess

And they said they sent a new pair on Tuesday while they file the claim.  Theyre taking care of everything.  I hope they come soon!

Thanks AIAIAI

May 3, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #1,077 of 1,345
Quote:
This company is amazing

The warranty replacement headphones got lost in the mail i guess

And they said they sent a new pair on Tuesday while they file the claim.  Theyre taking care of everything.  I hope they come soon!

Thanks AIAIAI

Couldn't agree more.

Headband snapped on my studio's, granted, they should not have snapped but emailed them about it Wednesday, Jon @ AiAiAi posted out replacement set Thursday! Exemplary customer service, such a breath of fresh air.

May 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #1,078 of 1,345
I previously owned these headphones and have to say they are so cool looking! I had the beatport edition and loved the green cable. They did sound better than the beats solo imo with a better quality bass and less recessed mids. But I have to say that the Pioneer HDJ-1500 are superior in terms of bass quality, soundstage, highs, and mids. The bass is more expansive and the music just sounds fuller. Does/has anyone have/had both the aiaiai and the pioneer headphones I mentioned? If so what are your thoughts?
popcorn.gif

May 23, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #1,079 of 1,345
I previously owned these headphones and have to say they are so cool looking! I had the beatport edition and loved the green cable. They did sound better than the beats solo imo with a better quality bass and less recessed mids. But I have to say that the Pioneer HDJ-1500 are superior in terms of bass quality, soundstage, highs, and mids. The bass is more expansive and the music just sounds fuller. Does/has anyone have/had both the aiaiai and the pioneer headphones I mentioned? If so what are your thoughts?
popcorn.gif

I don't but I can say that my M-100s have taken the place of my TMA-1s as my portable set of on ear headphones.

I still like how they sound with edm though.

May 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #1,080 of 1,345
Oh the V-moda. They look so unique, but I never saw them in real life haha. Hope to try them someday
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back