AIAIAI TMA-1
May 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,081 of 1,345
Oh the V-moda. They look so unique, but I never saw them in real life haha. Hope to try them someday
basshead.gif

They are definitely worth a look. They are a fantastic set of portables.

I need to test the TMA-1s with my new amp soon though.

May 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #1,082 of 1,345
Would any of you guys know if The TMA1's were retuned slightly in the past few months? I just got a replacement pair after the right driver of my 1.5 year pair stopped working. I'm also using the same set of pads. Anyway, I noticed that the new TMA1 has significantly more treble sparkle which helps a lot with imaging and generally improving the general sound signature of the headphone (for me).

May 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,083 of 1,345
Quote:
Would any of you guys know if The TMA1's were retuned slightly in the past few months? I just got a replacement pair after the right driver of my 1.5 year pair stopped working. I'm also using the same set of pads. Anyway, I noticed that the new TMA1 has significantly more treble sparkle which helps a lot with imaging and generally improving the general sound signature of the headphone (for me).

Not that I know of. BUT They might have sent you a Studio with the DJ pads and headband. That would make the most sense to me.

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #1,086 of 1,345

I went into the Jaben Audio store in Melbourne in which I tested a couple of headphones (TMA-1, TMA-1 Studio Young Guru, Sennheiser Momentum, Sennheiser Amperiors, Audio Technica WS-55) .  I own Revision 2 of TMA-1's where they tightened the headband so it wasn't as loose on your head. I compared my own TMA-1's to the TMA-1's in-store  (which was of latest revision because of the bent cable and cable lock) and I agree with you that it has been re-tuned to have more treble sparkle. It definitely did sound different to my ears at least.

Oct 3, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #1,087 of 1,345

I went into the Jaben Audio store in Melbourne in which I tested a couple of headphones (TMA-1, TMA-1 Studio Young Guru, Sennheiser Momentum, Sennheiser Amperiors, Audio Technica WS-55) .  I own Revision 2 of TMA-1's where they tightened the headband so it wasn't as loose on your head. I compared my own TMA-1's to the TMA-1's in-store  (which was of latest revision because of the bent cable and cable lock) and I agree with you that it has been re-tuned to have more treble sparkle. It definitely did sound different to my ears at least.

Just one question, how the new Young Guru version sound is compared with the original's? I've read that they're more balanced and I think they might lose that BUMP BUMP bass that the original has, which is astonishing for most electronic genres.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #1,088 of 1,345
I think the Young Guru's is AiAiAi's best headphones by a long shot and I was ready to pull the trigger. But there is no more in stock nation-wide till November I've been told. The bass is impactful and still has that oomph for me. It just has the bonus of having sparkling highs and it responds better to faster genres like metal. Sound stage and clarity is also improved. My only beef with it was that the high's could be too ear-piercing for some songs, which was the same complaint that some users of the Sennheiser's HD 1-II had. I tried Plastikman - Spastik (Dubfire rework) and the Momentum's were just smoother and more pleasant to the ears. Apart from that, I'm very eager to get these. I see no reason to get the original TMA-1 Studio's over the Young Guru's too which some professional reviewers you might find online suggest. Comfort-wise, they are perfect for me and feel much lighter than the TMA-1's.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #1,092 of 1,345
How are these compared to the hd25¨s? Lost my 25´s recently and looking to replace them, was going to buy 25´s again, but the mic in these would be nice.

They are two entirely different beasts. They are both impressively built which is good. Unless you get a lemon, you'll have a difficult time breaking either.

Going into sound... Honestly I would probably place the HD25s higher, because of their superior resolution and much better highs. That isn't to say that the TMA-1s are poor in either of those areas but they aren't the strong points. They have extremely good bass and much better soundstage and comfort than HD25s (oh and the convenience of a 3.5mm jack).

If 200 is your price range for a closed back supraaural I'd do yourself a favor and also look at the V-MODA M-80, which is probably somewhere in between the sound of the HD25 and the TMA-1 (though some like m-80 more) and they are still well built.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,093 of 1,345
thx for the reply. Think I will stick with the HD25´s then, really liked their sound and durability. And just found out it should be possible to stick the cabel from the amperior on the 25´s. Checked out the V-moda and I really don´t like their looks. Not usually that concerned with look but those are just way off for me :)

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #1,095 of 1,345
Hey,

Just want to let you know I just picked up a flat cable that is compatible with the TMA-1 DJ with twist lock. The slim part is long enough to push into the headphones. It was 15+tax at target here in canada, but looks cheaper from the states:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iCable-Auxiliary-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B002AR5XIK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back