AIAIAI TMA-1
Nov 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #1,051 of 1,345
Personally, if I were to own them again, I'd probably just shave off the tabs so I wouldnt have to worry about cable fitment anymore. As for the replacement cable, their CSR's are insanely easy going, and will probably just end up hooking you up with a free replacement. That being said, lets try not to abuse that privilege :wink:

well, they answered by that I can BUY a new cable.. :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: let's look at the price, I hope to receive news from them ASAP. I'll update here soon! :)

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #1,052 of 1,345
Quote:
well, they answered by that I can BUY a new cable..
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
let's look at the price, I hope to receive news from them ASAP. I'll update here soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Those danish must have taken humor to my story then.. Well, either that, or their warranty contingencies have shifted since my last encounter with them. Overall, my experience with them have been nothing but positive; I wouldnt hesitate to do business with them again.

By the way, the V-Moda M-100 cables have a fairly elastic collar. I did have luck with them fitting, however, the tabs will leave an imprint on the collar.. Incase you are looking for other alternatives
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #1,053 of 1,345
Those danish must have taken humor to my story then.. Well, either that, or their warranty contingencies have shifted since my last encounter with them. Overall, my experience with them have been nothing but positive; I wouldnt hesitate to do business with them again.

By the way, the V-Moda M-100 cables have a fairly elastic collar. I did have luck with them fitting, however, the tabs will leave an imprint on the collar.. Incase you are looking for other alternatives :wink:

I can't find those cable online! how much for them?
it only has one button, how does it work with iphone/ipods?

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #1,054 of 1,345
Received V moda speak easy for my Beatport model - absolutely the best for iOS devices and everything else, Aiaiai remote cables are lousy, Beats overpriced and ugly.
http://v-moda.com/3-button-speakeasy-cable-replacement/ took 3-4 weeks to get them to Germany.
After 3 weeks of using Aaa sold my HD 25  (year old got same money I paid for them amazing resale value) since Aiaiai`s work better for Djing and as good in studio (for tracking). I had 3 pairs of HD 25 in over 20 years of studio and DJ work. After using Tracks for few months and Capitals, realised that Aiaiai will work for me better. I dont really understand neither agree about comparison to HD 600/650 - very different design (open), sound and purpose.
Used to use all top models of AKG, Sony, Beyer, Sennheiser over the years ( I am music producer, musician & DJ) tried some failed designs like Ultrasone ( their "Logic" is idiotic gimmick making them useless for pro users), use IEM - UE and Shure. Aiaiai are perfect for prolonged use, easy on the ears, not like HD600 or 650, but exceptional, the best from closed bunch. After SHL few years back became picky about cans I use, wasnt able to use HD 25, any closed cans for over a year. Can honestly recommend Aiaiai for any pros and consumers compared to HD 25 - more pleasant, less tiring sound otherwise very close.
Year back when my HD25 broke compared them and bought HD 25 again it was very close "race" decided for HD 25 because they were more "surgical", "analitical". After positive experience with Tracks and Capital and reading about the concept/reason why they are more mellow (vs 25) gave it another try. Now have my IEM for stage, HD 600 for mixing, mastering and Aiaiai for DJing, tracking and everything else

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #1,055 of 1,345
Quote:
How do these compare to the JVC S500s? They're about the same price but the S500 seems to get much more positive reviews and are more portable.

Are there other more highly regarded/better sounding cans that fit around the ear rather than over?

I have both, and I have to say, designwise the TMA-1's rule, also on the level of wearing comfort they do. Only thing that keeps on bugging me about the tma's is that damned coiled cable. OK, maybe it's perfect for dj-ing, but for normal listening waaay to long and.. Heavy. And with the new locking cable mechanism replacing it with a normal, fitting cable without destroying the phones themselves seems almost impossible. I have the straight lockable tma-1 cable on backorder, but i have had it for a couple of months now and tma seems reluctant to deliver it to audio shops around here unfortunately. Delivery date keeps getting pushed back, so i might cancel the staight cord.

For electronic music like dubstep, i still prefer the TMA's. However, for every other kind of music, it's the JVC S500's all the way. They seem so much more allround over the TMA's. Probably because of the tma's dark sound signature. Soundstage is way better with the s500's, at times you kmight feel like you're almost listening to an open phone. The tma's sound more "confined" sound-wise. Also, the tma 1's do not respond to equalising as good as the JVC's in my opinion. Also probably because of the darker sound signature. So JVC's are more fun allround, respond better to EQ'ing, are cheaper and freakishly easy moddable.. (see the discussion abount pad replacements and whatnot in the JVC thread.. :p)

Quote:
Received V moda speak easy for my Beatport model - absolutely the best for iOS devices and everything else, Aiaiai remote cables are lousy, Beats overpriced and ugly.
http://v-moda.com/3-button-speakeasy-cable-replacement/ took 3-4 weeks to get them to Germany.
After 3 weeks of using Aaa sold my HD 25  (year old got same money I paid for them amazing resale value) since Aiaiai`s work better for Djing and as good in studio (for tracking). I had 3 pairs of HD 25 in over 20 years of studio and DJ work. After using Tracks for few months and Capitals, realised that Aiaiai will work for me better. I dont really understand neither agree about comparison to HD 600/650 - very different design (open), sound and purpose.
Used to use all top models of AKG, Sony, Beyer, Sennheiser over the years ( I am music producer, musician & DJ) tried some failed designs like Ultrasone ( their "Logic" is idiotic gimmick making them useless for pro users), use IEM - UE and Shure. Aiaiai are perfect for prolonged use, easy on the ears, not like HD600 or 650, but exceptional, the best from closed bunch. After SHL few years back became picky about cans I use, wasnt able to use HD 25, any closed cans for over a year. Can honestly recommend Aiaiai for any pros and consumers compared to HD 25 - more pleasant, less tiring sound otherwise very close.
Year back when my HD25 broke compared them and bought HD 25 again it was very close "race" decided for HD 25 because they were more "surgical", "analitical". After positive experience with Tracks and Capital and reading about the concept/reason why they are more mellow (vs 25) gave it another try. Now have my IEM for stage, HD 600 for mixing, mastering and Aiaiai for DJing, tracking and everything else

You're talking about the TMA 1's right? I agree that the are in no way comparable with open phones like HD600 and 650. Sound signature is completely different to my opinion, they have almost no soundstage compared to open phones and are waaay darker than any Sennheiser open can i have ever heard.
You mention Vmoda cables.. Do these 3 button speakeasy cables work with the locking mechanism om the aiaiai's, or do you have the "older" model without the locking mechanism?

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #1,056 of 1,345
I have the locking model and my first attempt file the jack to fit, rather expensive and very high quality cable  was a disaster. The very solid metal jacks would fit perfectly the old model or Ultrasone or Beats, but the metal was so hard to work with that finally it got damaged.
The V moda works fine , it could be easily filed but since it works as it is I dont bother. The curly original is excellent for DJing and once in DJ booth, the bright colour makes sense too ( Beatport model) but for anything else is PITA. So I use the V moda for everything except DJing. BTW. They have even special offer at the moment 5$ less. I had Tracks and Capital and the Aiaiai control are very poor, had to use nails not finger tips, V moda is much better

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,058 of 1,345
Quote:
AIAIAI website. You can get cable with mic from there.

Sorry, it is wrong info - YOU CANNOT buy cable with mic from Aiaiai site, they have exclusive deal with Apple and are not allowed to sell those cables. That is response I got from their support. Anyway their controls are lousy,  V-moda are much better, and fit perfectly. see the link I posted earlier.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #1,060 of 1,345
Too bad I saw this too late..
rolleyes.gif
   Well, too late.. Several months after ordering the straight cable I finally received them from a local music shop.. I had actually forgotten i ordered them, hahaha..

The Vmoda cable looks good with the controls and all though, esp. the grey one with the TMA's i can imagine. I guess the Vmoda remote enabled cable won't lock into place like the original straight cable right? Cause if it does, i'm ordering myself one straight away.
tongue.gif

I must say i'm having more fun with the straight cable just listening to music with the TMA 1's, the heavy coiled cable kinda ruined the fun (and portability) with these phones for me.

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #1,061 of 1,345
Hello Head-fi´ers
bigsmile_face.gif

I´ve started to look at new headphones, and after listening to my friends Audio Technica ATH M50, i really heard the huge difference to my old in-ear phones.

The ones im looking at right now are the more expensive Tma-1s and AHT M50 or some cheaper option like AKG K618. At the moment im leaning towards the Tma-1s but i don´t know if it will be worth the price

So i have some questions about these:
Which one do you think is better, M50s or Tmas?
How is the sound isolation in the Tma-1s?
Is the difference in the sound between headphones like K618 (120$) and the Tma-1s (120$) really that big?
Is there any other good options?

What i will use them for:
I will mostly have them plugged into my phone at school and on the bus, so they have to look at least somewhat good.

Thanks for listening!
(Im swedish so the my english might not be that good)

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,062 of 1,345
Quote:
Hello Head-fi´ers
bigsmile_face.gif

I´ve started to look at new headphones, and after listening to my friends Audio Technica ATH M50, i really heard the huge difference to my old in-ear phones.

The ones im looking at right now are the more expensive Tma-1s and AHT M50 or some cheaper option like AKG K618. At the moment im leaning towards the Tma-1s but i don´t know if it will be worth the price

So i have some questions about these:
Which one do you think is better, M50s or Tmas?
How is the sound isolation in the Tma-1s?
Is the difference in the sound between headphones like K618 (120$) and the Tma-1s (120$) really that big?
Is there any other good options?

What i will use them for:
I will mostly have them plugged into my phone at school and on the bus, so they have to look at least somewhat good.

Thanks for listening!
(Im swedish so the my english might not be that good)

You will not be disappointed with either the M50's or TMA's. That said, I would try to audition them both prior to deciding, and take familiar music with you so you can make an educated decision. I have listened to both, having suggested M50's to a DJ friend prior to the TMA's release and then owning a set of TMA1's and TMA1 Studio's, I prefered the TMA's but that is a personal choice based on the music I listen to whilst wearing them (mainly house,disco and DJ type use). I have PSB's for casual listening, which are better still but not as friendly for commuting. Hope this
helps

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #1,064 of 1,345
that having said, i've had the tma-1's on whilst riding a bike. Although they don't leak sound that much, when it's windy, you have to turn up the volume somewhat.

Good thing about this is, they do not realy clamp hard so they are quite comfy.. Bad thing is, well, you might damage your ears if there is a lot of sound in your environment. :p

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #1,065 of 1,345
Is there anyone with a multimeter laying around who is willing to measure their cable? :)
I'm looking in to buying a new cable but I want one with an as low as possible resistance without having to buy an extremely expensive toxic cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back