AIAIAI TMA-1
Sep 28, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #931 of 1,345
Interesting, kyuuketsuki, thanks. They might be too "hip" for me - just from a style perspective. But if the sound is up there with the others, I'll certainly consider them. 

I listen to a broad range of styles when commuting - so, so far - based on what I've read, I'm leaning towards the 1350 for a more neutral stance. But wasn't sure how the TMA-1 fell into the spectrum... 

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #932 of 1,345
What kind of music do you listen to? IMO the TMA-1 are an amazing headphone for a few very specific genres. Without some sort of EQ they aren't a great all rounder. 

The 1350 and HD 25-1 II do better with a little of everything, but if you listen to mainly EDM the TMA-1 is the best choice.

Quote:
Interesting, kyuuketsuki, thanks. They might be too "hip" for me - just from a style perspective. But if the sound is up there with the others, I'll certainly consider them. 

I listen to a broad range of styles when commuting - so, so far - based on what I've read, I'm leaning towards the 1350 for a more neutral stance. But wasn't sure how the TMA-1 fell into the spectrum... 

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #933 of 1,345

Quote:
What kind of music do you listen to? IMO the TMA-1 are an amazing headphone for a few very specific genres. Without some sort of EQ they aren't a great all rounder. 

The 1350 and HD 25-1 II do better with a little of everything, but if you listen to mainly EDM the TMA-1 is the best choice. 

No doubt that EQ is needed for the TMA-1s. They still sound great though.

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #935 of 1,345
Quote:
I'm currently trying to decide between these, the Senn 25-1 ii, and the Beyer 1350 for a set of commute/travel cans. 

Would love to see a shootout or comments from those who've tried all 3... 

I have the HD25s atm.. Wanting these though cause the HD25s are just plain ugly to use in public (and I'm still in high school). The genres I listen to fit the TMA-1s too but I bought my HD25 before it came out. The 3.5mm connector thing is really convenient too. Sucks how the Senns use their plugs, which I hate. Would love to just buy another 3.5mm cable to use if one breaks. Was thinking about modding it too but I have no idea how to do it. The Senns are still great though. Fit all my genres, especially with an E11 bass boost. Brings out the rumble :).

Btw I listen to like, techno, trance, hard trance, happy hardcore, hip hop, r&b, etc. so these would've been great (besides for maybe hip hop and r&b). Now if I buy the TMA-1s, it'll seem like a waste to me because then I'll have two headphones for the same exact purpose. Don't even have one to use at home yet (wanting to buy the FA-011s, but $20 shipping from Russia makes me not want to), nor do I have an amp. Reason why I don't use my HD25s at home is because I need open headphones as I need to hear my surroundings, for say if someone calls me.

Also, a plus for the HD25s = I can blast the hell out of them and they don't distort. I LoD'd it out of my iPod to my E11 and I maxed it out (for like a brief second) and I heard absolutely no distortion. If I'm using it as speakers though I don't normally go above 4~5 on low power / low gain. I believe about 3~4 on high/high.

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #936 of 1,345
I have now owned the TMA-1's for about 6 months. I use them at home and while commuting (subway and public bus). They have been fantastic for everything. As others have mentioned, these are NOT neutral. If you want neutrality, Beyer is your best bet. However, I have found that I like having the livelihood of the TMA-1's over neutrality in most cases (may be just be). Hope this helped. If you want to know anything else about them, let me know (they've spent quite a few hours on my head since I got them). 

Good luck with your decision!

*sidenote: I have no actual experience with the Senn or Beyer. I apologize as you asked for experience with all three.

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #937 of 1,345
Thanks for your thoughts all... collecting more information and pondering. I hope I can find a way to audition some of these. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeVeeN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now if I buy the TMA-1s, it'll seem like a waste to me because then I'll have two headphones for the same exact purpose. 

AyeVeeN - what about selling the 25's after trying out the TMA's (provided they fit your criteria once you get them). The used market is pretty robust for well taken care of cans. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #938 of 1,345
Ive had my tma1s for a couple of months and while they sounded great, after a while the sound gets a little boring because of the recessed highs especially once i got my turbine coppers which just sounded more lively.  However when i listened to the tma 1 EQed with a slight treble boost, it made a noticable difference.  the sound seemed more clear and more spaced out and now im enjoying them again.  My only true complaint about them however is the loose headband, but other than that theyre great headphones unamped without EQ and even better once EQed.

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #939 of 1,345
Slight EQ and more power does them a lot of good. Paired with the Arrow 3G I enjoyed them even more. Lifted the veil and made them that much stronger.

Quote:
Ive had my tma1s for a couple of months and while they sounded great, after a while the sound gets a little boring because of the recessed highs especially once i got my turbine coppers which just sounded more lively.  However when i listened to the tma 1 EQed with a slight treble boost, it made a noticable difference.  the sound seemed more clear and more spaced out and now im enjoying them again.  My only true complaint about them however is the loose headband, but other than that theyre great headphones unamped without EQ and even better once EQed.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #940 of 1,345
Just won a pair on ebay for $130 + $10 shipping - $5 ebay bucks :D!

Seller description says theyre pretty much in perfect condition, really hoping that is true. Like-New TMA-1s with all box and accessories for $135 shipped :D

Been wanting these since early in the summer, cant wait till they get here.
Just in time too, cause I broke all of my IEMs >.>

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #941 of 1,345
Just got my AiAiAi TMA-1's

First impressions: 
Design: Looks as sexy as I thought it would be
Sound: Yup, crisp and awesome. Good mids
Bass: Lacking bass, but I hear you have to let a 3 hour or so burn in
Isolation: Lacking :frowning2: Definitely not as well as my previous solo beats
Leakage: Lacking :frowning2: Definitely not as well as my previous solo beats

does it get better with isolation and keeping sound in? That was what I was mainly looking for in these headphones, and all the reviews here said they would do great

but I am a bit disappointed :frowning2:

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #942 of 1,345
This is almost completely opposite of my experience with them. 

Sexy...Yeah. Mids? The bass is the highlight, IMO. 

Lacking bass? In kick? In quantity? In quality?

Isolation and (no) Leakage are soooo good on these for how low the clamping force is...How would you rate the comfort?  

Quote:
Just got my AiAiAi TMA-1's

First impressions: 
Design: Looks as sexy as I thought it would be
Sound: Yup, crisp and awesome. Good mids
Bass: Lacking bass, but I hear you have to let a 3 hour or so burn in
Isolation: Lacking :frowning2: Definitely not as well as my previous solo beats
Leakage: Lacking :frowning2: Definitely not as well as my previous solo beats

does it get better with isolation and keeping sound in? That was what I was mainly looking for in these headphones, and all the reviews here said they would do great

but I am a bit disappointed :frowning2:

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #944 of 1,345
You sacrifice a little isolation for a lot of comfort. 

Why do you find the bass LACKING? What about it don't you like? What do you want to get BETTER? Is there not enough? Does it not hit hard enough? Does it cover up the other sounds in the headphone? 

Quote:
comfort is awesome, I don't know what kick, quantity or quality in bass means

hopefully the bass will get better over time then

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #945 of 1,345
The genre's I listen to mainly (Hip-Hop, Electronic) I love having the bass a prominent sound, but not too the point where it overtakes the song..but where you can definitely notice it. I loved how it sounded in my Solo Beats, and many IEM's.  The TMA-1's don't hit hard enough just yet, but I'll use them more and then decide...it doesn't cover up the sounds of the songs at all, I like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back