AIAIAI TMA-1
Sep 14, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #916 of 1,345

Quote:
Do that many people find them uncomfortable? The stock TMA-1 was the most comfortable supra headphone I've ever used. I loved it...never had a problem with the headband.

After a couple of hours I start feeling the headband but a bit of angling on my head takes the pressure off of one spot and puts it on another so it's not a huge deal.

I think the Beyer headband pad is a cool idea but I'm not sure if I like how it looks... takes away from the minimalistic looks IMO.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #917 of 1,345

Quote:
PC151996.jpg

Does the added headband affect the clamping force at all?

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #919 of 1,345
Yeah, i've never had any problems with the TMA's in term of comfort. I did have problems with the paint/silktouch thing on it but i'm speaking with a Aiaiai-rep i gave my impressions to about it, it's been a while but i'll see how it goes.

I didn't like them the first two hours or so, now i'm in love with them. They're by far my favorite headphones (and well, my classmates too. One of them is so excited about the quality of them i actually got him to order a pair of Aurvana Live! He wasn't as excited about the P5 though. But then, neither was i.)

I do have some comfort issues with the P5 though, and with the sonics of it. But i may not have put in enough hours in them to change my mind.

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #920 of 1,345
Well, I like to wear mine for hours. They started to hurt the top of my head after about an hour or so. My previous headphone was the HD650, which had padding on the headband. My little mod made them just as comfortable. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #925 of 1,345
This is the do it all cable that everybody with this headphone needs. I just received mine today and it's very nice. http://shop.v-moda.com/p-131-crossfadev-80-3-button-remote-cable.aspx

20 bucks shipped within the US. It has a mic, a play/pause/answer button and volume buttons. It's just a hair over 4 ft long, it's weightless, flexible, thin, has small connectors, and seems durable. One end has a straight connection and the other end is a small 45 degree angled plug. The 45 degree end fits perfectly fine into my iPhone 4 that has a case on it with a VERY small cutout for the headphone jack. The covering on the cable is a tightly wound black cloth. There are no branding on the cable at all, so nobody would know that it is a v-moda cable, or mistake it for a v-moda headphone.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #926 of 1,345
My TMA-1's with a V-Moda Control-Talk cable, and Beyerdynamic headband pad in a Protection Racket headphone bag.  

Click to enlarge:

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #927 of 1,345
Damn, Im lovin these little headphones! Ive had them for about 2 weeks now and Im very very pleased and amazed with them.

I dont see them talked about much anymore though, I guess the hype has worn off.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #928 of 1,345
I'm currently trying to decide between these, the Senn 25-1 ii, and the Beyer 1350 for a set of commute/travel cans. 

Would love to see a shootout or comments from those who've tried all 3... 

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #929 of 1,345
I'm currently trying to decide between these, the Senn 25-1 ii, and the Beyer 1350 for a set of commute/travel cans.

It might be best to make a new thread asking this. This thread doesnt get much attention anymore. I have not heard your other two options but the TMA-1's are just what i was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #930 of 1,345

Quote:

The Senns and the TMA-1s have opposing sound sigs... The Senns are lively and bright while the TMA-1s are punchy and laid back. 

I don't know much about the Beyers though... You might also want to look at the V-Moda Crossfade M-80s too. They seem to be a new competitor at this price point for portables. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back