AIAIAI TMA-1
Apr 4, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #661 of 1,345
@diodel : the xb series from sony dont look good imo, i'd rather walking in the street with some discrete headphones (like TMA-1)

Thanks for the info about hfi 780, and we definitely have the same thinking about hip hop music ! Thats why the TMA-1 is my 1st choice, they look very nice, honest price, nice bass

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #662 of 1,345
yup! lol i was just mentioning xbs for exp cuz of their price hah 40$.. but yea im deciding either ipgrading my stereo or gettin tma-1 :\ if i sell all my crap here i can gather money enough for krk speakers and nuforce hdp haha its hard to sell tho

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #667 of 1,345
Does anyone know why these sound muffled and had no bass when I tried them? It wasn't clear enough either. I had better sound coming out of my K518. I really wanted to buy them after seeing all the posts in here, but the sound put me off. My source when I was trying them was an iPod Nano 5g. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #668 of 1,345

Quote:
Does anyone know why these sound muffled and had no bass when I tried them? It wasn't clear enough either. I had better sound coming out of my K518. I really wanted to buy them after seeing all the posts in here, but the sound put me off. My source when I was trying them was an iPod Nano 5g. 

Did they have the foam pads on them?  Those things are the worst design decision that AIAIAI could have included, and I can't imagine anyone liking them.

As long as you have the right pads on and a good seal, I can't imagine describing them as muffled or bassless.

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #669 of 1,345

Quote:
Did they have the foam pads on them?  Those things are the worst design decision that AIAIAI could have included, and I can't imagine anyone liking them.

As long as you have the right pads on and a good seal, I can't imagine describing them as muffled or bassless.

They were the pleather, and the foam pads are the spare pads right? And then there's the cable, the coiled cable was sealed so they had me use their own 3.5mm interconnector. Could it be that? 

I was really disappointed to be honest, and couldn't believe what I heard. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #670 of 1,345
It is possible. I've tested, and though the difference isn't huge the right cable does make a difference. But these certainly are not "bassless" nor "muffled." The vocals can be called veiled for certain music, but that is as far as I'd go. These actually have a nice balance when you get down to it. Like dfkt said, it takes less EQing for me to get the sound that I like than other headphones. The bass is strong yet controlled. The mids are forward. The highs are somewhat recessed, but that is fixed with a bit of EQing. I still want to properly demo HD25-1 IIs, but I doubt I'll find them vastly superior if superior at all to the TMA-1s, especially based on what dfkt has said. I'm eagerly awaiting the day which my friend Roma101 and I can get together and test out each other's headphones.

I'll also be lending my headphones to joker eventually so that he can do a proper test and add them to his enormous list. I think I can last without them for a month. Though I admit, it will be a difficult month. 

Quote:
They were the pleather, and the foam pads are the spare pads right? And then there's the cable, the coiled cable was sealed so they had me use their own 3.5mm interconnector. Could it be that? 

I was really disappointed to be honest, and couldn't believe what I heard. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #671 of 1,345
Ok thanks for the response guys. I've no problem with the sound signature of these headphones, 'cause they're for DJ's right? So I'd expect the bass to be felt more than the mids and highs. I might get one soon. 

Thanks! 

One more question, these cans have got a 32ohm Impendance, so it couldn't have been the iPod right? The K518's are properly powered by it and the clarity is awesome, so the TMA-1's should be the same in terms of clarity or even better right? 

Quote:
It is possible. I've tested, and though the difference isn't huge the right cable does make a difference. But these certainly are not "bassless" nor "muffled." The vocals can be called veiled for certain music, but that is as far as I'd go. These actually have a nice balance when you get down to it. Like dfkt said, it takes less EQing for me to get the sound that I like than other headphones. The bass is strong yet controlled. The mids are forward. The highs are somewhat recessed, but that is fixed with a bit of EQing. I still want to properly demo HD25-1 IIs, but I doubt I'll find them vastly superior if superior at all to the TMA-1s, especially based on what dfkt has said. I'm eagerly awaiting the day which my friend Roma101 and I can get together and test out each other's headphones.

I'll also be lending my headphones to joker eventually so that he can do a proper test and add them to his enormous list. I think I can last without them for a month. Though I admit, it will be a difficult month. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #672 of 1,345

They 'should' be easier to drive, but I honestly think they are pretty amp dependant. Mine changed a ton when I amped them. I like them either way, and it's mainly the EQ that makes the biggest difference. Amping them does change them (for the better) quite a bit though.
Quote:
Ok thanks for the response guys. I've no problem with the sound signature of these headphones, 'cause they're for DJ's right? So I'd expect the bass to be felt more than the mids and highs. I might get one soon. 

Thanks! 

One more question, these cans have got a 32ohm Impendance, so it couldn't have been the iPod right? The K518's are properly powered by it and the clarity is awesome, so the TMA-1's should be the same in terms of clarity or even better right? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back