AIAIAI TMA-1
Nov 4, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #1,338 of 1,345
Thought I'd comment on this thread in case it helps anyone wondering about configurations, since the posts here helped me out too:

I have the S01 speakers, and the E01, E02, E04, and E06 earpads.
The E06 feel the most comfortable to me - lighter and less pressure on the head than the E04, and sound clearer and more balanced as well
but they're pretty bad for noise isolation so I use the E04 for my daily commute
Not a fan of the on-ears at all either; can't get them comfortable for long, but as a glasses wearer I might be biased

Also was using the H02 headband, and now the H05 bluetooth one. Mine works great, but some have reported issues with the bluetooth so I'd wait a bit for them to sort that out

edit: After trying the E02 on-ear earpads a bit more, it seems they are really the best in noisy environments (e.g. daily commute), because of their noise isolation and enhancing of bass that gets easily lost in that usage scenario. Still can't wear them longer than an hour before they get uncomfortable unfortunately...

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,339 of 1,345
Got my H05 and E04 parts 2 weeks ago but I haven't yet brought them out due to the issues I've been hearing about BT connectivity. Might just take a chance and take these along for the daily commute tomorrow.

E04s sound good though I would have liked using on-ear cushions, for convenience sake. Just can't do it, they sound terrible. The velours are fine but I suspect that they'd be agonising to use on the train with little to no isolation.

Nov 5, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,340 of 1,345
I've had my H05 for about 2 weeks now. Works perfectly fine indoors. I was able to walk into another room in my apartment and still get stable audio. Outside though if your 5'10 or taller and don't keep your phone in your left front pocket (or closer to the left earcup) you'll have some problems. If I hold my phone about 3 inches higher than my pocket on my right side I get the same level of performance as if its in my pocket on the left side

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #1,341 of 1,345
I've had my H05 for about 2 weeks now. Works perfectly fine indoors. I was able to walk into another room in my apartment and still get stable audio. Outside though if your 5'10 or taller and don't keep your phone in your left front pocket (or closer to the left earcup) you'll have some problems. If I hold my phone about 3 inches higher than my pocket on my right side I get the same level of performance as if its in my pocket on the left side
Really? That’s kinda weird... I’m 6’2 and it works fine with my phone in my right jeans pocket

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #1,343 of 1,345
Might just be my headband. Reports are some headbands seem to work better than others. The pocket thing is only when I'm outside. Inside its fine anywhere on my person or even just walking around.
Yeah was pretty surprised reading the kickstarter comments and seeing so many bluetooth issues. Hope they manage to solve your issue with a firmware update!

May 5, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #1,344 of 1,345
Hi there, am I the only one with comfort issues with the TMA 2 ? I use them with the E04 and E05 earcups (leather and microfiber) and they are much more uncomfortable than the TMA 1s for me. Like ai can’t use them for more than 30 min...

With The TMA2 I can feel more presure on my ears and they get warm much more quickly.

Any advice ?

May 12, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #1,345 of 1,345
Hi! Since the H5 BT headband is out and supports even aptx-hd I became more and more interested in these. However, I can't seem to find many comparisons, and since these are hard to find in real life it's hard to make a decision on buying it or not and if yes, with which speakerunits. I currently own ATH-DSR7BT's, which are a bit big and squeek too much to be walking around town and commute with them. They are, however, sounding great (call them bright, with forward mids, but they do produce very nice and deep base if eq'd a little), but the Aiaiai's appeal to me because of portability, design (doesn't creak and squeek?), and modularity. Can anyone compare these to any (higher)midrange headphone (soundwise maybe even highend: B&O H9, B&W P5/X, Sony WH1000X, Bose QC35). Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back