AIAIAI TMA-1
Apr 11, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #736 of 1,345
Same story here. I have an L to Straight from 'some portable amp' that I bought a long time ago. Glad I have it now. :wink:
I'm still using that 'wireless' contraption now and then, it's just practical. :)

The cable is one that came with some portable amp, probably the Corda Headsix, IIRC. Angled plug for the TMA-1 jack and straight plug for the Clip+ works well (since one can still push the volume buttons on the Clip+ that way).

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #737 of 1,345
oh man bro i cant wait any longer for Fiio E15 lol i might jump into NFB12 soon >.<

Quote:
Same story here. I have an L to Straight from 'some portable amp' that I bought a long time ago. Glad I have it now.
wink.gif

Quote:
I'm still using that 'wireless' contraption now and then, it's just practical. :)

The cable is one that came with some portable amp, probably the Corda Headsix, IIRC. Angled plug for the TMA-1 jack and straight plug for the Clip+ works well (since one can still push the volume buttons on the Clip+ that way).

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #740 of 1,345
I was an idiot and tried to see how far they bent so i twisted them so hard that the rubber paint chipped of a little. Don't get me wrong these headphones are very strong and even i after i bent them that far they sprung back to its original shape. I sent them back to aiaiai about two weeks ago because of that minor blemish ( almost unnoticeable blemish) because i like the matte paint finnish very much. Hopefully i will ge them this week. I think aiaiai are very helpful when it comes to minor scratches :D

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #741 of 1,345
must be hard not having your tma1s next to you lol 
cant wait to get money for a cable rawr

EDIT: just ordered a pair of monster beats replacement cable on ebay coming from singapore cant wait! i hope its a perfect fit and authentic

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #742 of 1,345
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered some TMA-1's. They should be in my hand before the weeks end. Thanks for all the quick responses everyone!

Now I need to tentatively start looking to sell my M50's and Eterna's.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #743 of 1,345
Another comment on the comfort (for anyone that hasn't pulled the trigger yet). The past 4 days I have worn these headphones for a minimum of 6 hours straight per day. Not once have I had to adjust them because of discomfort. I don't understand it at all...there's NO PADDING on the headphone...But man...it just works.

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #744 of 1,345
its kinda hurts after a while on the rear part of my ears. but the pain disappears fast anyways. maybe my ears just need to build some tolerance ^.^ im sure ill be keeping them for years until i could afford pro900 for home use or d7k. tma1 ftw on portables!

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #745 of 1,345
That's really comforting to hear even more praise about the comfort. They are coming in today! I can't wait. Hope my expectations haven't grown too high.

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #746 of 1,345
I was just wondering what settings people are using to eq these bad boys?

I use foobar most of the time with these and occasionally the clip+.

I am just seeing if there is a better setting that others might be using.

Thanks

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #747 of 1,345
Well, I'm going to attempt to not be too excited, but I finally got my TMA-1's! Been using them for the past week. Just wrote my review here: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/aiaiai-tma-1/reviews/4995

I won't clutter this thread with all that, but if you wanna read my impressions, check it out!

Moral of the story: I finally found THE headphones for me. My wallet may be sad now, but will hopefully thank me in the future :D

Thanks to everyone (especially MorbidToaster) for all the help you guys provided in my decision and my specific questions.

Yay!

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #748 of 1,345
Well, I'm going to attempt to not be too excited, but I finally got my TMA-1's! Been using them for the past week. Just wrote my review here: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/aiaiai-tma-1/reviews/4995

I won't clutter this thread with all that, but if you wanna read my impressions, check it out!

Moral of the story: I finally found THE headphones for me. My wallet may be sad now, but will hopefully thank me in the future :D

Thanks to everyone (especially MorbidToaster) for all the help you guys provided in my decision and my specific questions.

Yay!

Glad you like 'em. :D

Still my favorite portable that I've used to date.

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #749 of 1,345
Is it just me or do these not isolate much of anything because of the clamping force? Is there a trick/tip? I just got mine in the mail today. Listening now
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #750 of 1,345
Is it just me or do these not isolate much of anything because of the clamping force? Is there a trick/tip? I just got mine in the mail today. Listening now
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd give them 7/10 Isolation. It is lower because they don't clamp as tight, but it's very much a double edged sword. If they clamped harder, they'd be just like the HD 25-1 II as far as comfort...Which is the reason I sold my 25s. They clamped way too hard to my head and are just impossible to wear with glasses.

TMA-1 is 10/10 for me as far as potable comfort goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back