AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 19, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #1,426 of 5,483
I don't know how many here ever played Armored Core 2, but it's one of my favorite games, so I made some Armored Core 2 inspired graphs to compare the Oppo PM3, Focal Elear, and Mrspeakers Aeon.

I will post comments and critiques to go along with them tomorrow in a full review.

Zij8DGp.png

fa8JzUa.png

OMgzVvd.png

0nux85f.png

XZanJ5f.png

ZFHCAX7.png
Cool! How close do the Aeons come to the Elears?

May 20, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #1,428 of 5,483
Cool! How close do the Aeons come to the Elears?

The two are not very comparable. There are certain things the Focal Elear do considerably better than the Aeon. There are things the Aeon does better than the Elear. Aspects on the Aeon's side would be a more balanced uppdermidrange-lower treble, and of course better comfort. Things on the Elear's side would be clarity and a bombastic mid-bass, plus plenty of meat to its lower midrange, which the Aeon lacks.

May 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #1,430 of 5,483
How is it possible that so many have Liquid Carbon? I Can't fint any for sale even if I'm trying.
I have ordered Schiit Jotunheim for the Aeon's with the DAC.
I'm just wondering if Jot with Modi Multibit would be better compared with Jot's DAC.

May 20, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,432 of 5,483
How is it possible that so many have Liquid Carbon? I Can't fint any for sale even if I'm trying.

Set up a search on Ebay and follow it so Ebay emails you any time there's a new listing that matches. There was a mint condition LC v2 on there a couple of weeks ago for $800 but it didn't sell.

May 20, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,433 of 5,483
I can't remember the exact numbers, but I got my LC in the first production run at the pre-order pricing. I think that was 500. The second round was 500 or 600. I think a bunch of those were purchased by HeadFi folks. From the statements here many thought it a great introduction to the Cavalli house sound. I know that I like mine for many reasons. I think that there are quite a few who will not soon sell them. They did show up on BST from time to time, but I haven't seen any recently. Be patient, if you find one, I think you will be happy that you did.

Now, I just need my Aeon to plug into the LC for a good long listen.

May 20, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #1,434 of 5,483
I can't remember the exact numbers, but I got my LC in the first production run at the pre-order pricing. I think that was 500. The second round was 500 or 600. I think a bunch of those were purchased by HeadFi folks. From the statements here many thought it a great introduction to the Cavalli house sound. I know that I like mine for many reasons. I think that there are quite a few who will not soon sell them. They did show up on BST from time to time, but I haven't seen any recently. Be patient, if you find one, I think you will be happy that you did.

Now, I just need my Aeon to plug into the LC for a good long listen.

First run was $600, 2nd run was upped to $800 but they included a few things extra.
I grabbed one of the last few of the first run. I love mine and likely will never consider selling it

May 20, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,435 of 5,483
I have ordered Schiit Jotunheim for the Aeon's with the DAC.
I'm just wondering if Jot with Modi Multibit would be better compared with Jot's DAC.
i don´t know the modi but internal dac of Jot is really bad

May 20, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #1,436 of 5,483
Well, they just arrived. I will need a few days to sort out my thoughts, but initial impressions are that they were totally worth the wait! Thanks Dan and team for another amazing headphone.

May 20, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #1,437 of 5,483
First run was $600, 2nd run was upped to $800 but they included a few things extra.
I grabbed one of the last few of the first run. I love mine and likely will never consider selling it
I was talking about production number rather than cost...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back