AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 22, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #1,458 of 5,483
Called FedEx at 8am to hold the delivery since I'd be at work unable to open the door at my home ^^ saying it'd rush after I close my shop to the FedEx depot for picking it up. Come end of the day, the clerk says yeah the aeon is right here, but they can't give it to me because customs didn't clear it. Apparently the package label had the type of content info missing. The clerk did see its value of $699 though and he raises his eyebrows when I said they were headphones. I replied, yeah I know. I'm about to get smackdowned by the taxes haha. I got a third of the $760 ready for the deed x-D Fingers crossed I get to retrieve 'em tomorrow

May 22, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #1,460 of 5,483
I am finding an EQ of +1db at 125hz, +4db at 250hz, and +1db at 500hz on iTunes EQ does a good job at fleshing out the upper-bass lower-midrange suckout of the Aeon without making it overly warm or muddy. Parametric EQs can lift that same region with the peak of the curve being around 200hz. With this mild EQ tweak, the Aeon is one of the most tonally balanced headphones I've ever heard. I still wish for a physical modification or damping tweak rather than EQ though.

May 23, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #1,461 of 5,483
Damn, still didn't get any shipping info, and seeing as I'm outside the US, the wait might be quite a bit longer... keep those impressions and photos coming!

May 23, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,463 of 5,483
I'm order #11054 (ordered Feb 3) and mine have not yet shipped for whatever that's worth.

May 23, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,467 of 5,483
Any updates on progress so far with shipping?
For order number 10966 received shipping notice on 22nd that shipment was made on the 19th (three days earlier) with scheduled delivery on 23rd.
That is, on this order there was a delay in the notice of shipment, not in the shipment. Could be Dan et. al. have put preference on getting the boxes out the door and stopping to send notices. But I could be wrong. Just looking forward to the box. :)

May 23, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,468 of 5,483
For order number 10966 received shipping notice on 22nd that shipment was made on the 19th (three days earlier) with scheduled delivery on 23rd.
That is, on this order there was a delay in the notice of shipment, not in the shipment. Could be Dan et. al. have put preference on getting the boxes out the door and stopping to send notices. But I could be wrong. Just looking forward to the box. :)
I got the same notice but with a Wednesday delivery. Looking forward to them! :popcorn:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back