AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 19, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,411 of 5,483
I'll be using my Pulse X Infinity and Cavalli Liquid Carbon as well. That is as soon as I get them back, Should get the LC by next week, and the Pulse god only knows.

May 19, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1,415 of 5,483
QP1R, Explorer, or AK380, with or without Liquid Spark (when it gets here) or Leckerton UHA760 when out and about. depends on how they all sound together.
one of the Daps from above/Liquid Carbon bedside
YGGY/LAu in the living room

May 19, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #1,416 of 5,483
Grace Design M9XX with home made cable (ugh to soldering those 4-pin Hirose connecters)

May 19, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #1,417 of 5,483
Either Mojo or DACPortable, feed into CV5 for me. Or from Onkyo CMX1 to CV5. :D

May 19, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #1,422 of 5,483
I have the Aeon Flow for demo at our meet and listened to the latest Radiohead album (A Moon Shaped Pool) and I never have heard so much isolation and airiness combined in a closed-back. For me, I forgot that it was closed-back in many instances...but then again, Radiohead is finally back to its rifts from the O.K. Computer days, to say the least. :smirk:

May 19, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #1,423 of 5,483
I have the Aeon Flow for demo at our meet and listened to the latest Radiohead album (A Moon Shaped Pool) and I never have heard so much isolation and airiness combined in a closed-back. For me, I forgot that it was closed-back in many instances...but then again, Radiohead is finally back to its rifts from the O.K. Computer days, to say the least. :smirk:

Great to hear.

Btw, I think A Moon Shaped Pool is incredible. It's up there with OK Computer and In Rainbows.

May 19, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #1,424 of 5,483
Great to hear.

Btw, I think A Moon Shaped Pool is incredible. It's up there with OK Computer and In Rainbows.

Yeah, but I am really planning to listen to my "Best Of" Album and "OK Computer" with the Aeon Flow after the meet. Of course, the AF does not have the soundstage of the Ether Open and Closed (will hear the Flow Closed tomorrow), but it really starts to shine with EDM from the added bass quality-and-quantity, and really starts to get magical with rock from the lean-and-lush-yet-so-airy mids, so far.

May 19, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #1,425 of 5,483
I don't know how many here ever played Armored Core 2, but it's one of my favorite games, so I made some Armored Core 2 inspired graphs to compare the Oppo PM3, Focal Elear, and Mrspeakers Aeon.

I will post comments and critiques to go along with them tomorrow in a full review.

SSn7gX2.png

fa8JzUa.png

C27Sr6I.png

0nux85f.png

xCDcLU2.png

ZFHCAX7.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back