AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Sep 24, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #5,087 of 5,483
So I'm looking to possibly purchase these locally as a used pair. https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649548717-mrspeakers-aeon-flow-closed/ The seller is asking $650 Canadian. Is it a fair price? I've heard good reviews about these but this would be by far my most expensive headphone purchase. My most expensive so far is the Sennheiser HD6XX from Massdrop. I also have a THX 789 on the way in November and I have the balanced SDAC here waiting to be paired with it.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #5,089 of 5,483
They retail for 999.99 cdn so that would be a good price. They usually go on here for 450-500 USD plus shipping.

Hmm okay. Do you think they would fit a smaller sized head? Most headphones I have to use on the smallest adjustable headband setting and even then some are too big. Luckily the Sennheisers I have to extend a couple notches on the headband to fit nicely. Also yes I would like to use these with an XLR cable.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #5,090 of 5,483
I think by design it is not meant to have the cables left in..

So their design idea is "user must unplug the cable each time he wants to put the headphone to the case and replug the cable each time he wants to wear the headphone again" ?

It is sad that they design an awesome headphone but fail in a very simple practical thing...

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #5,091 of 5,483
Hmm okay. Do you think they would fit a smaller sized head? Most headphones I have to use on the smallest adjustable headband setting and even then some are too big. Luckily the Sennheisers I have to extend a couple notches on the headband to fit nicely. Also yes I would like to use these with an XLR cable.

I would think so. I have a smallish head and there is a lot of room to tighten. They fit on my 8 year old just fine when I had her listen to a few tracks.

A balanced XLR cable would be 99.99 usd and shipping from their site.

I would sell mine for 800 cdn shipped with both cables depending where you live :)

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #5,094 of 5,483
I would think so. I have a smallish head and there is a lot of room to tighten. They fit on my 8 year old just fine when I had her listen to a few tracks.

A balanced XLR cable would be 99.99 usd and shipping from their site.

I would sell mine for 800 cdn shipped with both cables depending where you live :)

Well it seems I can get a balance cable for these headphones from somewhere like Periapt for less than that.

No point in paying $800 shipped when I can pay $650 local. :wink:

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #5,096 of 5,483
Ah yes! Did not realize he was local. Also - some people prefer the factory cable. No worries! Enjoy them if you get them :)

If I do purchase them I will report back here with my impressions. As I said these would be the most expensive headphones I will have ever purchased so I hope they feel and sound worthy of the price. Zeos reviewed both the closed and open version of these and seemed to prefer the closed which I was surprised about. But perhaps take his reviews with a grain of salt.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #5,098 of 5,483
Make no mistake. They are great cans. I just want something with a bit more warmth.

Are these more analytical? How would these compare to something like the HD6XX (650) which I have.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #5,100 of 5,483
So their design idea is "user must unplug the cable each time he wants to put the headphone to the case and replug the cable each time he wants to wear the headphone again" ?

It is sad that they design an awesome headphone but fail in a very simple practical thing...

At least you don't have to also collapse the headband to fit it in the case, like with Focals. Having to resize the headphones every time they are transported is very tedious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back