AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Aug 25, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #5,071 of 5,483
I am still torn on trading off my AFC's for something a bit more warmer. I listen to music and play games with my cans but I am not able to use any set of opens sadly. I really wanted to like these but even with an EQ, they just aren't my flavor. Not saying they don't sound amazing, they just didn't end up being my cup of tea.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #5,072 of 5,483
I am still torn on trading off my AFC's for something a bit more warmer. I listen to music and play games with my cans but I am not able to use any set of opens sadly. I really wanted to like these but even with an EQ, they just aren't my flavor. Not saying they don't sound amazing, they just didn't end up being my cup of tea.

Campfire Audio Cascades may be more your cup of tea given your expressed preferences. The tuning falls into the "fun" category ie w-shaped and definitely warmer. Don't isolate as well, despite being modeled for the portable market - fold up small. I've tossed around with getting a pair to replace my Beyer DT1350s, might wait for the sales.

regards,

Giles

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #5,073 of 5,483
Campfire Audio Cascades may be more your cup of tea given your expressed preferences. The tuning falls into the "fun" category ie w-shaped and definitely warmer. Don't isolate as well, despite being modeled for the portable market - fold up small. I've tossed around with getting a pair to replace my Beyer DT1350s, might wait for the sales.

regards,

Giles
There’s a chasm of difference in comfort too

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #5,074 of 5,483
After almost a year of researching and reading thousands of reviews I finally pulled the trigger for AEON Flow Closed and iBasso DX220 for my closed back+ DAP portable setup.

Bought the AFC from mrspeakers.com , upon my request they switched the stock unbalanced cable to 2.5mm balanced cable without extra cost. Bought the DX220 from headphones.com. I paid by Bitcoin which saved me from a lot of exchange and credit card fees, paying by Bitcoin was a flawless and fun experience :100:

It will a take a while to receive them, then I will post a detailed review. Pulling the trigger really made me relax.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #5,075 of 5,483
After almost a year of researching and reading thousands of reviews I finally pulled the trigger for AEON Flow Closed and iBasso DX220 for my closed back+ DAP portable setup.

Bought the AFC from mrspeakers.com , upon my request they switched the stock unbalanced cable to 2.5mm balanced cable without extra cost. Bought the DX220 from headphones.com. I paid by Bitcoin which saved me from a lot of exchange and credit card fees, paying by Bitcoin was a flawless and fun experience :100:

It will a take a while to receive them, then I will post a detailed review. Pulling the trigger really made me relax.
Excellent idea to use bitcoin

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #5,077 of 5,483

Looking forward to your review! I've never used my AFC outside of the desktop setting, so it'll be interesting to hear about how they handle as a portable HP. Grats on your purchase :)

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #5,078 of 5,483
Hey folks, a lovely review of AEON Open and Closed can be found here. BOTH models picked up awards, too!

Stereonet Applause Award Small.png

https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/review-mr-speakers-aeon-flow-headphones

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 6, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #5,079 of 5,483
Congrats Dan....Love your AFC's with my homemade 20ft balanced cable

Here's to hoping you win more awards....you and your crew deserve it!!!!

Cheers,
Larry

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #5,081 of 5,483
BESTOFEARIN2019.png This was another award we picked up in Germany from EAR IN in May. Missed this one.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 11, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #5,082 of 5,483
I still far prefer the Jotunheim or Lyr 3
The two amps I like best with the AFT are Lyr 3 (tube hybrid) and Neurochrome HP-1 (solid state, no longer made).

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #5,083 of 5,483
Hello guys, just received my AFC and I have a question

I can't close the case when the cable is attached to the AFC, I have to unplug the cable in order to close the case. Here is the photo, I can't close it at this state.

Do you the always unplug the cable before closing the case or managed to find a solution ?
IMG_20190924_153722.jpg
l

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #5,084 of 5,483
Hello guys, just received my AFC and I have a question

I can't close the case when the cable is attached to the AFC, I have to unplug the cable in order to close the case. Here is the photo, I can't close it at this state.

Do you the always unplug the cable before closing the case or managed to find a solution ? l
I always unplug mine. Minor inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back