AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 13, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #437 of 5,483
Will they be showing them in the headroom in London? Mrspeakers is down as an exhibitor but wondering cause the headroom is end of March.

Most likely yeah, if there were already 14 demo units at CanJam NYC. And Mark Dolbear from Electromod is said to bring Aeon demo for the UK Head-Fi meet in Milton Keynes on April 2nd.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/816392/2017-uk-head-fi-meet-april-2nd-milton-keynes/195#post_13240650

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #438 of 5,483
Does anyone know if the pre-orders charge your card immediately, or do they charge you once your Aeon ships?

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #441 of 5,483
  Does anyone know if the pre-orders charge your card immediately, or do they charge you once your Aeon ships?

Immediately.

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #442 of 5,483
So im currently looking at getting my first pair of "higher end" headphones. My currents are some Mad Dog from Mr. Speakers, the others being FLC8s IEMS. The max i would probably spend is roughly 700 which is what these are. For my needs I need closed back (will be used in office cubicle environment) and my main source would be roon through a chord mojo im receiving today. Would these probably be my best choice in this price range at the moment? Im also somewhat considering the nighthawks but those are the only 2 i know of, what else should i look at?

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #443 of 5,483
  So im currently looking at getting my first pair of "higher end" headphones. My currents are some Mad Dog from Mr. Speakers, the others being FLC8s IEMS. The max i would probably spend is roughly 700 which is what these are. For my needs I need closed back (will be used in office cubicle environment) and my main source would be roon through a chord mojo im receiving today. Would these probably be my best choice in this price range at the moment? Im also somewhat considering the nighthawks but those are the only 2 i know of, what else should i look at?

I assume that you mean Nightowl which is the closed version. Or do you mean Nighthawk? 

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #445 of 5,483
I have the Nightowl here. These are the primary differences...

NO: A much warmer overall tone. There is a mid bass hump but overall pretty good tone. Comfortable but pretty large. Not a portable but somewhat of a transportable. Slower decay and transient response. Will gloss over bad recording better. 

Aeon: More neutral with a slight warm tilt. Very good decay and transient response. Bass is linear but can kick like a mule with EDM. A very natural tone. Smaller and a bit more comfy than NO IMO. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #447 of 5,483
Can somebody compare the Aeon to the closed back Audeze EL8?  I have been lusting after those for a while.  I tried them briefly and loved the sound.  I had no comfort issue either.  I would like to know the sound differences to figure out if these would be better for me.

Thank you

Riley

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #448 of 5,483
I have the new Denon D7200 and HD650.
Will the Aeon be different enough to justify its ownership?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

IMO, yes. I have the 650 and I owned the d7k but not 7200. I assume they are similar, V shape? Aeon is much more neutral. I have no problem owning Aeon and I have the 650. 

Can somebody compare the Aeon to the closed back Audeze EL8?  I have been lusting after those for a while.  I tried them briefly and loved the sound.  I had no comfort issue either.  I would like to know the sound differences to figure out if these would be better for me.

Thank you

Riley

I found the EL8 "wonky" sounding TBH. Not something I enjoyed. Aeon has a much more natural tone. Maybe someone who liked the EL8 will chime in. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #449 of 5,483
I have the new Denon D7200 and HD650.
Will the Aeon be different enough to justify its ownership?

IMO, yes. I have the 650 and I owned the d7k but not 7200. I assume they are similar, V shape? Aeon is much more neutral. I have no problem owning Aeon and I have the 650. 

Thank you

Riley

I found the EL8 "wonky" sounding TBH. Not something I enjoyed. Aeon has a much more natural tone. Maybe someone who liked the EL8 will chime in. 

I find the D7200 to be less v shape than I was expecting.
They actually sound very balanced with nice mid range and vocals. The bass is definitely more pronounced than with HD650 as well the highs.

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #450 of 5,483

Thanks.  The quality control issues with the EL8s are kind of making me not want to buy one.  I did however love the sounds.  The Carbon Fiber of the Aeon is so sleek and sexy.  Hope that term is okay to use here.

Anybody else with comparisons with the Closed Back Audeze EL* and the Aeon please feel free to share.  Your input would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thank you

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back