AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 10, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #408 of 5,483
Feb 10, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #410 of 5,483
I especially like the orangish/red tape on the AEON! Kind of like a SI model with the tag still on the bikini. :wink:

Not giving you crap Brian, just assuming it was there to mark it as a prototype or something.

Cheers

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #413 of 5,483

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/1135710/mrspeakers-on-prototype/

Before CanJam NYYC I took some photos of the prototype that we had at the office, and here's a small collection of them with a few size comparisons next to the ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow.

Great pictures Axel, thank you for sharing. The Aeon sure looks very good.

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #414 of 5,483
  Are the pads smaller then ones on the Primes or they the same ones?

They look smaller to me

Pads are totally different in materials and geometry.  These are "ear shaped".

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 10, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #415 of 5,483

I have the Leckerton 6S with the 8620 Opamp and can speak to it's capabilities.  It is an incredible little dac/amp with a very linear, resolving sound.  I absolutely love it.  Now, I haven't heard the Aeon's yet, but I am able to power my ZMF Omni's, Elears and Beyer Amiron's without any problem at all using the Leckerton.  It isn't the most powerful portable, but what it lacks in power, it more than makes up with a clear, and beautiful sound.  The Aeon's are supposed to be way more efficient than the ZMF Omni's so I think you will be good to go.  The biggest issue I faced was finding one to purchase as Nick has been out on his website for a bit.  Worth the search, that is for sure. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #417 of 5,483

Great pictures Axel, thank you for sharing. The Aeon sure looks very good.

I agree the photos are great, and that Aeon looks good!
Others have commented before about Aeon being ugly.  I totally disagree personally!  Aeon look really good IMHO!!
As usual, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder  
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #418 of 5,483
Here's a quick shot of the Alpha Prime pads. The ÆON isn't on-site at the moment so I couldn't get the two side by side, but the Alpha pads are closer to the ETHER pads than the ÆON's. The current ETHER pads were developed using the Alpha pads as a starting point, if I'm not mistaken. The ÆON pads are completely new from the ground up.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #419 of 5,483

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/1135710/mrspeakers-on-prototype/

Before CanJam NYYC I took some photos of the prototype that we had at the office, and here's a small collection of them with a few size comparisons next to the ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow.

Those came out real nice! Kind of has a hifiman + BLUE headphones vibe. Looks like it would fit human ears nicely though instead of the common donuts :p

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #420 of 5,483
Must confess I decided to buy the Aeon as soon as I saw them-without a demo or even a review. Absolutely love the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back