AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Dec 24, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #3,781 of 5,483
Hi everyone,

I've been using the AFC continuously for 3 months and enjoyed it a lot but today, I found out that the left side cable is already dead. The issue is at the jack connector, by playing a bit with it, the left channel sometimes come back.
I took much care of my AFC, never dropping it or doing weird stuff so i'm a bit sad that the cable lasted for only 3 months. Now i can't use them because of this issue...
Has anyone encountered this kind of issue with the AFC? Did you manage to fix it by yourself?
@mrspeakers Hi Dan, sorry for bothering you here but in that case, can i send you the cable to get a replacement? In the meantime, I wouldn't be able to listen to it but if it needs to be done there is no other choice.
Keep up the good work!

Just contact info@mrspeakers.com and we’ll take care of it. Any cable problem that isn’t the result of genuine abuse is obviously covered, so no problem at all. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 24, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #3,782 of 5,483
Also curious if anyone has paired this up with a AK70 without adding another amp.

I have the AK70, Chord Mojo and Hugo 2 and both AFC & AFO. Here is the ranking in sound quality:

1. Hugo 2
2. Mojo
3. AK 70 (solo)

No surprise huh? I only listen to AK70 solo if I have to. I personally do not like any HP with AK70 solo, but will compromise when traveling on the train or heading to the gym. Otherwise I match it with the Mojo or Hugo 2. I highly recommend spending a few extra dollars and purchasing a HP amp with either of the AEONS.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #3,783 of 5,483
Just contact info@mrspeakers.com and we’ll take care of it. Any cable problem that isn’t the result of genuine abuse is obviously covered, so no problem at all. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hi Dan, thank you very much for your responsiveness! :) I sent a mail to info@mrspeakers.com about this issue.
Huge kudos for being that close to your community!

Dec 25, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #3,784 of 5,483
Anyone else notice on low volume the left channel is slightly louder then the right channel? Also at really low volume levels the left channel is all I hear nothing coming out the right channel. Using Black Label.

Dec 25, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #3,785 of 5,483
Anyone else notice on low volume the left channel is slightly louder then the right channel? Also at really low volume levels the left channel is all I hear nothing coming out the right channel. Using Black Label.
I've noticed that using my micro – iDSD BL with IEMatch off (high gain) my lower impedance headphones have a channel imbalance with the left side louder than right and you need to raise the volume to even things out. Putting IEMatch on High Sensitivity (medium gain) or Ultra Sensitivity (low gain) removes that imbalance at low to medium volumes.

Dec 25, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #3,786 of 5,483
Volume dependent channel imbalance in amplifiers is usually caused by poor tracking of the L/R wiper on the volume potentiometer. Generally the solution is to switch to lower gain so that you can move the volume pot into a more linear region.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #3,788 of 5,483
Dec 25, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #3,789 of 5,483
Dec 25, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #3,791 of 5,483
I'm laughing cause I'm happy the LAu has a good volume pot and no low level imbalance, LAu is a Liquid Gold amp by Cavalli.
A collector's item :wink:

Dec 26, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #3,792 of 5,483
I've noticed that using my micro – iDSD BL with IEMatch off (high gain) my lower impedance headphones have a channel imbalance with the left side louder than right and you need to raise the volume to even things out. Putting IEMatch on High Sensitivity (medium gain) or Ultra Sensitivity (low gain) removes that imbalance at low to medium volumes.
Would Aeon's really be lower impedance headphones though? There is definitely a imbalance that levels out when you raise the volume. Seems counter intuitive to turn on IEM Match Medium gain for full size cans no? Just want to make sure its working ass intended.

Dec 26, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #3,793 of 5,483
Would Aeon's really be lower impedance headphones though? There is definitely a imbalance that levels out when you raise the volume. Seems counter intuitive to turn on IEM Match Medium gain for full size cans no? Just want to make sure its working ass intended.
AEON Flow impedance is 13 ohms. Try some other headphones with higher impedance and the imbalance should go away. There's a TURBO mode, NORMAL mode and ECO mode. Try the NORMAL mode.

Dec 26, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #3,794 of 5,483
13 ohms is not hard to drive so High Sensitivity IEM selection and normal mode seems to have solved the issue. Just seems odd to put in IEM mode. I am not thinking of it as Low , Med, And High Gain. Don't really need high Gain for these.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #3,795 of 5,483
Is anyone using the Cayin N5ii with the AFC? What gain setting and EQ settings are you using? I've been listening to a few different headphones lately and trying to dial in the Aeon again.

How about the Cayin iHA-6 amp? How's synergy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back