AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 1, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #169 of 5,483
Planning to use itnin balanced mode with your DX200?
Do you own the gold Walkman? I am interested to have a listen on the 1Z.

1A only, no intention to get Z, 1A is awesome enough for my bass tastes,
Balanced is a total unnecessary gimmick in my book,have heard it in AK,pioneer xdp300, now ibasso, prefer SE by far

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #170 of 5,483
Close. Actually £750. That goes for all my audio purchases. I know I could save longer and get more money but, on my income, I cannot justify more than that on any one thing. Kind of a way of keeping myself in check.

EDIT: I am very happy that these are priced fairly and are halting the absurd price oneupmanship that has been going on. I think with UK taxes these will be pushing £850 unless I jump on the introductory price.

EDIT the second: i am kind of slow today. I just realised you were guessing the price, not my budget, which makes much more sense. I hope you are right but I am thinking they will be more expensive. The pound is in the toilet right now due to the implosion of Western civilisation.

Yes, miss the days buying US products when dollar was in our favour:blush::thumbsup:

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #172 of 5,483
Bought em!
I have been enjoying a pair of AQ Nighthawk that I got for a steal couple months back. But I can't use them at the office, so I needed a closed back headphone. I like the Nighhawks alot with my Mojo, so I had been looking at the Nightowl. These came along at just the right time. Hoping the AEON will pair nicely with the Mojo. I'm not ready to spend $1000+ for headphones just yet. Glad to see some options in the sub-$1000 category. I'm buying these blind...obviously. I've never tried any other MrSpeakers headphones. The only other "high-end" headphones I've listened to were the LCD-X...which I loved, but felt they were too heavy and uncomfortable.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #173 of 5,483
Bought em!
I have been enjoying a pair of AQ Nighthawk that I got for a steal couple months back. But I can't use them at the office, so I needed a closed back headphone. I like the Nighhawks alot with my Mojo, so I had been looking at the Nightowl. These came along at just the right time. Hoping the AEON will pair nicely with the Mojo. I'm not ready to spend $1000+ for headphones just yet. Glad to see some options in the sub-$1000 category. I'm buying these blind. The only other "high-end" headphones I've listened to were the LCD-X...which I loved, but felt they were too heavy and uncomfortable.

From your path of thinking it seemed like NightOwl would have been your purchase. What changed your mind? I too was considering upgrading my old Denon AH-D2000s that I use at work to the NIghtOwl, then these came along. Hard to decide without hearing!

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #175 of 5,483

From your path of thinking it seemed like NightOwl would have been your purchase. What changed your mind? I too was considering upgrading my old Denon AH-D2000s that I use at work to the NIghtOwl, then these came along. Hard to decide without hearing!

Impulse...pure unadulterated impulse

Lol, so far an issue on the Shipping method in MrSpeakers website has made my "pure unadulterated impulses" unsuccessful... and I appreciate that! Lol I need to think first.
basshead.gif

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #176 of 5,483
Did anyone compare this to audeze el8 closed cans. Im curious to know

I haven't heard the "revised" EL-8 closed, which by all reports is significantly improved from the original.  But FWIW this crushes the original EL-8 closed.

Bought em!
I have been enjoying a pair of AQ Nighthawk that I got for a steal couple months back. But I can't use them at the office, so I needed a closed back headphone. I like the Nighhawks alot with my Mojo, so I had been looking at the Nightowl. These came along at just the right time. Hoping the AEON will pair nicely with the Mojo. I'm not ready to spend $1000+ for headphones just yet. Glad to see some options in the sub-$1000 category. I'm buying these blind...obviously. I've never tried any other MrSpeakers headphones. The only other "high-end" headphones I've listened to were the LCD-X...which I loved, but felt they were too heavy and uncomfortable.

Yes, it pairs quite well with the Mojo.

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #177 of 5,483
Ordered them as soon as I got the email for my work setup, to replace a pair of Alpha Primes that I like but are rather heavy. Paired with a Liquid Carbon 2.0 fed by a DX90. Home setup is C Flows paired with Jotunheim fed by Bimby.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #180 of 5,483
Well priced, and based on my audition of the Ether Flow C, I expect it will sound great too. 

It's so close to being a product I want, but just doesn't fit the bill. 

It's closed back, it looks like it should be efficient enough to be run from a portable device...

... but it's form factor does not seem convenient for portable use.

If it had a folding and rotating headband/gimble system, it would be perfect higher end portable option. That's a category of headphones that is very light on the ground. 

Shame that with the very home-listening focused headband design it wouldn't be collapsable and packable into a bag. 

Ah well, looks like a great product all the same. Just a shame that its only almost something I want to buy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back