Acoustune Impressions thread
Oct 28, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #676 of 805
Hi im coming back for an update for the 1790ti
It's a surprise for me to find out that my blind bought used 1790ti is actually so new that the owner hadnt even burn in it. After about 100h (roughly) of casual listening the sound is getting better. No more grainy mid or harsh high but it rather goes smoothly, i also had some of my friends listened to it to check if it actually different and not my brain playing tricks on me, all of them confirm that the sound is better and easier to listen than the first time they heard it. Sadly, the weak point of the 1790ti is the imaging still stand but this can be fix (partially) by changing tips (this iem is heavily tips depending) and so my journey begins from JVC spiral dots, final E, sony, comply foam, cp155, ... and i stop at the ATH finefits ( tbh this is the least expecting tip i can think of). While the soundstage is definitely getting narrower and not as wide as stock tips, the imaging is definitely getting better (instruments sound closer and have better positions) and bring out more of the mids. In the end im happy with the result and the 1790ti still my daily drive iem till this day. If you like acoustune house sound and with a bit of patient, you can go for this one
sp2000t.jpg

In the future im planning to buy either the 1697ti or 1695ti since i started to fall in love with acoustune's sound. Since Crinacle has updated the 1790ti graph i shall leave the comparison image here if someone interested.

1790.PNG

Oct 29, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #677 of 805
Hi im coming back for an update for the 1790ti
It's a surprise for me to find out that my blind bought used 1790ti is actually so new that the owner hadnt even burn in it. After about 100h (roughly) of casual listening the sound is getting better. No more grainy mid or harsh high but it rather goes smoothly, i also had some of my friends listened to it to check if it actually different and not my brain playing tricks on me, all of them confirm that the sound is better and easier to listen than the first time they heard it. Sadly, the weak point of the 1790ti is the imaging still stand but this can be fix (partially) by changing tips (this iem is heavily tips depending) and so my journey begins from JVC spiral dots, final E, sony, comply foam, cp155, ... and i stop at the ATH finefits ( tbh this is the least expecting tip i can think of). While the soundstage is definitely getting narrower and not as wide as stock tips, the imaging is definitely getting better (instruments sound closer and have better positions) and bring out more of the mids. In the end im happy with the result and the 1790ti still my daily drive iem till this day. If you like acoustune house sound and with a bit of patient, you can go for this one
sp2000t.jpg
I'm on duty tour (don't have my imm-6 kit), I can share you my own graph, 1670ss after more than 300h and they are NOT THAT BRIGHT.
Now, most probably way past the 1000h - everything sounds very pleasant, the treble's really great. I suppose your 1790's a lot better.
How's the sound field?

Oct 30, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #678 of 805
I'm on duty tour (don't have my imm-6 kit), I can share you my own graph, 1670ss after more than 300h and they are NOT THAT BRIGHT.
Now, most probably way past the 1000h - everything sounds very pleasant, the treble's really great. I suppose your 1790's a lot better.
How's the sound field?
Great to hear that you stick with your 1677s, i dont think my 1790 is really exceed from the 16xx series. As for the sound field i think its very depend on the tips you use. The stock tips give you a wide sound field with sparkling treble but bad imaging , if you into wide sounding you can go with the JVC spiral dots which give better range and abit of extra mid bass ( little amount to me) . If you go with Sony tips it will sacrifice the sound field significantly but give better imaging and some extra subbass. My choice is to go with the ATH Finefits for abit forward mid and better imaging, the stock foam tips is not a bad choice either extra warm with better fit for the ears. In the end its all depend on what you want.

Oct 30, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #679 of 805
Great to hear that you stick with your 1677s, i dont think my 1790 is really exceed from the 16xx series. As for the sound field i think its very depend on the tips you use. The stock tips give you a wide sound field with sparkling treble but bad imaging , if you into wide sounding you can go with the JVC spiral dots which give better range and abit of extra mid bass ( little amount to me) . If you go with Sony tips it will sacrifice the sound field significantly but give better imaging and some extra subbass. My choice is to go with the ATH Finefits for abit forward mid and better imaging, the stock foam tips is not a bad choice either extra warm with better fit for the ears. In the end its all depend on what you want.

It may come as a surprise or not, albeit wide bore, they didn't come out as overly bright, at all.
This is the largest sound field I can get from the 16xx series. Imaging doesn't suffer that much in terms of clarity, coherence or focus - just fine.
I can accept the Mid bass emphasis more than sub, the latter still has very decent rumble, extension and decay.
AZLA SednaEarfit Normal
For the Mids, we know this is Acoustune forte. Whatever tips we decide to use, this'll always be as natural, fluid and dynamic as it will ever be...

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #680 of 805
Hi Folks,

Which Acoustune model would you say has the best soundstage, imagining, clarity and with a reasonable punch in the bass?

I have the HS1300ss, which I enjoy, but feel lacks clarity and separation. I tried the HS2000MS, which I liked for its clarity, punch and imaging, but a bit too bright, and also expensive for me.

I enjoy EDM, and Rock mostly.

Nov 1, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #681 of 805
Hi Folks,

Which Acoustune model would you say has the best soundstage, imaging, clarity
Acoustune HS1677 upwards -
the 70 - 77 series is the middle ground. As with any acoustune models, Midrange is the raison d'etre of this brand. Of course going up the ladder, better sonics is expected...
and with a reasonable punch in the bass?

I have the HS1300ss, which I enjoy, but feel lacks clarity and separation. I tried the HS2000MS, which I liked for its clarity, punch and imaging, but a bit too bright,
Kindly take note that most probably this is a demo unit has not been weathered yet, at least past 200 hours.
Brightness will diminish very significantly over time.
I had some friends sold their 1670 very quickly only to have seller's remorse, and others try to buy them back.
To my ears my 1670 is a solid keeper. I'm a basshead, but I like large sound field, scale of imaging is size ML, I have a home hi-fi and I'm
claustrophobic, LOL...
and also expensive for me.

I enjoy EDM, and Rock mostly.
Acoustune HS1657 - your best bet, for this genre' being the basshead's model in the range. But the '70 - '77 has the larger sound field and scale of imaging.
You can decide from hereon in with your priorities...

Nov 1, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #682 of 805
Thanks Ehjie! So many choices, confusing.

I think my budget runs to 1695/1697/1790 area (all prices similar in South Korea when I reside, ranging from 1,395,000-1,490,000won).

1657/1677 are around 890,000won.

Do levels in sound quality ramp up a lot from say 70-77ss to the 95/97/90 area, or a case of big diminishing returns?

The sound quality for house, chill out etc plus a bit of Pink Floyd, Led Zep is what I am after. A lot going on with some of the music soundstage wise.

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #683 of 805
Thanks Ehjie! So many choices, confusing.

I think my budget runs to 1695/1697/1790 area (all prices similar in South Korea when I reside, ranging from 1,395,000-1,490,000won).

1657/1677 are around 890,000won.

Do levels in sound quality ramp up a lot from say 70-77ss to the 95/97/90 area, or a case of big diminishing returns?
Nope. The upper tier's are refined in tuning, ie more details. the 97 is balance sounding by the way. Just maybe the bass won't be enough for you.
Yes, the returns are fractional, there are audible differences but really marginal
The sound quality for house, chill out etc plus a bit of Pink Floyd, Led Zep is what I am after. A lot going on with some of the music soundstage wise.
How about ticking your preferences, which I am very well versed, since they are in my staple as well. By default large scale of imaging - like a full size headphone
Leave Home : Treble resolution, extension ✓, amazing 3d effects ✓, Coherence ✓, Overall detail retrieval ✓
Gravity Drops : Huge Bass, excellent resolution ✓ and all traits of the above are present...
Bubbles : Fantastic 3d effects, Lots of detail being resolved with ease and coherence to boot, puts order from chaos, thus making sense how they weave in together...
Money : like Red always exclaim "...it'a a gas" Enjoy copious amounts of crisp details. The Horn section is less sharp nowadays as compared to a thousand hours ago...
When the levee Breaks : aside from all of the properties mentioned above, check out the excellent bass guitar fretwork as track foundation here. The degree of realism, the degree of hi-fi is very high here...
First Class : Indeed! Check out Laura's skillful fretwork here - Fan, Mark's rhythm lines and Donny's percussion, with superlative voices ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

IMG_E1640.JPG

Aftermarket upgrades:
1) AZLA SednaEarfit Normal
2) (4) Core Pure Copper (Japan) (U.S. Sleeve and Jacket)
Full specs: Teflon insulated, enamel coated litz copper 24 awg. Oyaide mmcx, Oyaide 2.5trrs,Titanium splitter and Norne audio sleeves
R.I.P. to the Japanese supplier lost to cvd. We will always remember...

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #684 of 805
Leaning towards the 1670 or 1677, price performance, bang for the buck for genres listened to, and sound stage preference (think both would have adequate bass). Which of the models has the 'tamer' treble?

1670 price is 795,000 won, 1677 is 982,000 won. Would the 1677 be almost 200,000 won ($145) better?

Nov 3, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #686 of 805
Leaning towards the 1670 or 1677, price performance, bang for the buck for genres listened to, and sound stage preference (think both would have adequate bass). Which of the models has the 'tamer' treble?

1670 price is 795,000 won, 1677 is 982,000 won. Would the 1677 be almost 200,000 won ($145) better?
By tuning, yes due to a better treble response, a little elevated bass.
By packaging, yes, the stock cable is better, I believe more resistant to oxidation. Yet if your still sensitive to absolute treble resolution, ear tip rolling and *cable rolling would be a good option.
If usd145 difference justifies the above, I'd say yes. Our median for prices vary from person to person

'70 - '77 Series are Treblehead models. Please take care, if you have top end sensitivities. The '50-'57 cater for such issues.
If you prefer the larger staging of the former, Tips will definitely help, from 0 hour onwards I used SONY EP-EX11 . I purchased mine from jp.
and *if you hear tuning differences out of cable rolling, a very decent pure ofc copper is advised...

Nov 8, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #687 of 805
Hi all, I just bought an HS1790TI as an upgrade from my old HS1551CU because I want to enjoy the details oriented acoustune. However, my ear canal is quite small and the S sized eartips are the only ones that fits my ears. But because of this, the Bass became stronger. Does anyone have recommendation for the eartips type that will give me a better detail?

When I am using the TI with the small eartips, strangely enough it gave me a good amount of rumble, almost to the level of my old HS 1551 CU.
Strange isn't it? just changing the eartips can alter details, enough that even someone like me can notice it.

Nov 8, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #688 of 805
Here is a good reference for a ton of different eartips: https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/
Tip recommendations are sometimes complicated since everyone's ear canals & preferences are different; the same tips might sound different to each person. This person couldn't fit the Acoustune AEX50 in their ear, whereas I use them comfortably on almost everything these days.

From my experience, rumble (if the IEM is capable) comes with good eartip fit because you're making a proper seal in the ear.

Generally though, pay attention to the width of the the eartip opening vs the nozzle of the IEM when tip rolling. If you want more lower end, go for eartips with a narrower opening (AET08 ~3.7mm width) than the nozzle. And if you want more higher end, the opposite (AET07 ~4.86mm width) applies.

Nov 8, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #689 of 805
Hi all, I just bought an HS1790TI as an upgrade from my old HS1551CU because I want to enjoy the details oriented acoustune. However, my ear canal is quite small and the S sized eartips are the only ones that fits my ears. But because of this, the Bass became stronger. Does anyone have recommendation for the eartips type that will give me a better detail?

When I am using the TI with the small eartips, strangely enough it gave me a good amount of rumble, almost to the level of my old HS 1551 CU.
Strange isn't it? just changing the eartips can alter details, enough that even someone like me can notice it.
Check out this size
1667969197877.png

My extensive experience with Sedna Earfit normal, more details can be had.
If those silicon grilles can obscure the details, reduce treble - a surgical knife can be used to carefully remove. Please take care...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back