Acoustune Impressions thread
Sep 1, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #661 of 805
Can anyone provide a bit of insight on how the HS1750CU sounds?
So far all I've seen are the four e-earphone reviews. All seem impressed with the low end & "just enough mid-range", state better than average soundstage, and they find them to be on the slightly bright / cool side.

I'd love to see HS1300SS vs HS1750CU discussion. I think if it's too similarly tuned, I'll probably wait to see if they produce something warmer in the same price range just so I can explore their take on that sound instead.

Sep 4, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #663 of 805
hi there, any thoughts which DAP pair best with 2000mx please, say USD 1500 range for orchestral music? great tks
2 hands up on the WM1AM2 from me! Synergy is incredible on my 1ZM2

Sep 6, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #664 of 805
I concede that the Azla Max might just be the best ear tips in the market right now... Thanks to @namawee for reminding me to try them.. been sitting in my drawers for weeks haha

Sep 12, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #665 of 805
I've fallen hard for Acoustune put a pure SILVER 4.4MM cable on the HS1551CU (red) and boom what a fabulous iem got a graphene occ copper Mix 4.4MM cable to put on my HS1551CU (blue) again sounds very different but still amazing just more space and touch less bass.
FINALLY the big daddy new 4.4mm 6n occ copper cable for my HS1670SS just stunning. The HS1655CU is calling me

Sep 23, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #667 of 805
I'm so glad I stuck it out with the Sho ACT02. They really opened up past 300h. Question now is whether I can bear not listening to them and do the same for the ACT01...

Sep 23, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #668 of 805
I'm so glad I stuck it out with the Sho ACT02. They really opened up past 300h. Question now is whether I can bear not listening to them and do the same for the ACT01...

The Sho is a fantastic set. It really is a clever design with the framework and separated chamber with the DD. Very curious about ACT03, probably will buy it.

Sep 23, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #669 of 805
The Sho is a fantastic set. It really is a clever design with the framework and separated chamber with the DD. Very curious about ACT03, probably will buy it.
I've read that it takes more to drive (10! steps to achieve same volume on some DAPs!). And still debating if that wood would survive humid Singapore and my sweaty ears. Otherwise, I'm very much looking forward to at least hearing them.

Sep 25, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #670 of 805
Hello everyone, i just blind bought the 1790ti for a week and here some impression about it. Im not a professional reviewers so i my writing may not be details but i will try to squeeze it. I will skip the unboxing, appearance and fit (its still the shallow fit) and go straight to the sound. All was listen on the Cayin N6ii Titanium.
Acoustune 1790ti
Bass:
If you are a basshead you might want to look somewhere else because the bass of the 1790ti is not enough for basshead. It has a subbass focus more rather than going with mid bass. In fact, the mid bass amount is little, the decay of the the bass is fairly fast overall create a slight warm ( only a little). The bass is not suitable for fast, rapid hitting record but go very well with relaxing music, especially with the kind of jazz. Compare to the 1695ti the 1790ti bass hit alot less
Mid:
The mid of the 1790ti is a bit dip , not the in-the-face mid but pushed back, create a wide range feel for the listener. Its very details but leaning on the female vocal more than the male vocal since its slightly thin it make the male vocal tend to feel weightless and unimpressed. As for female vocal its go amazing, high mid is definitely great and satisfied (it might be too bright for some i think).
Treble:
Treble is sparkling, i can even feel the linger of treble in some records, the amount of treble is so great that in some records it can make you feel sharp as hell. But overall its great, i have never seen a single DD that produce amount this great amount of treble.
Imaging:
i can only say the imaging is ok, the instrument is place behind your ears but not wide enough, create a feeling like a cone while you stand in the middle and the instrument is right behind your back. I say the imaging can be tune better
Thats all for now, i will comeback with more infomation later, hope you guys can chew through my bad writing XD
cho.jpg
1790ti.jpg

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #671 of 805
Hello everyone, i just blind bought the 1790ti for a week and here some impression about it. Im not a professional reviewers so i my writing may not be details but i will try to squeeze it. I will skip the unboxing, appearance and fit (its still the shallow fit) and go straight to the sound. All was listen on the Cayin N6ii Titanium.
Acoustune 1790ti
Bass:
If you are a basshead you might want to look somewhere else because the bass of the 1790ti is not enough for basshead. It has a subbass focus more rather than going with mid bass. In fact, the mid bass amount is little, the decay of the the bass is fairly fast overall create a slight warm ( only a little). The bass is not suitable for fast, rapid hitting record but go very well with relaxing music, especially with the kind of jazz. Compare to the 1695ti the 1790ti bass hit alot less
Mid:
The mid of the 1790ti is a bit dip , not the in-the-face mid but pushed back, create a wide range feel for the listener. Its very details but leaning on the female vocal more than the male vocal since its slightly thin it make the male vocal tend to feel weightless and unimpressed. As for female vocal its go amazing, high mid is definitely great and satisfied (it might be too bright for some i think).
Treble:
Treble is sparkling, i can even feel the linger of treble in some records, the amount of treble is so great that in some records it can make you feel sharp as hell. But overall its great, i have never seen a single DD that produce amount this great amount of treble.
Imaging:
i can only say the imaging is ok, the instrument is place behind your ears but not wide enough, create a feeling like a cone while you stand in the middle and the instrument is right behind your back. I say the imaging can be tune better
Thats all for now, i will comeback with more infomation later, hope you guys can chew through my bad writing XD
cho.jpg1790ti.jpg
Might I ask how long you've used them for? I've found that for my Sho it took >150h to settle down and >250h to truly shine.

Sep 27, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #673 of 805
I read rave reviews of the old HS1650, but I'm figuring out Acoustune updates their line each year or so. What current generation or first prior generation Acoustune earphone will give me the 1650's sub-bass slam? I assume the admirable mid and treble traits are the same throughout Acoustune's tunings, true?

Thanks for your advice!

Oct 27, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #675 of 805
Crinacle recently updated his Data base which includes the new HS17XX series. Just found out he was Black listed from measuring Acoustune IEM in SG so he measures them in Japan I believe :laughing:
IIRC he had been measuring Acoustune at Zeppelin & Co; one of the bosses there is a big fan of the brand. I recall a conversation where they had picked the HS1695Ti over the Empire Ears Odin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back