Acoustune Impressions thread
Nov 10, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #691 of 805
Hi all, I just bought an HS1790TI as an upgrade from my old HS1551CU because I want to enjoy the details oriented acoustune. However, my ear canal is quite small and the S sized eartips are the only ones that fits my ears. But because of this, the Bass became stronger. Does anyone have recommendation for the eartips type that will give me a better detail?

When I am using the TI with the small eartips, strangely enough it gave me a good amount of rumble, almost to the level of my old HS 1551 CU.
Strange isn't it? just changing the eartips can alter details, enough that even someone like me can notice it.
Hi, can you please describe the difference in sound between HS1790 and HS1551, especially in the bass part, transparency of the sound, speed of the instruments and resolution.
To me the HS1551 sound veiled, the HS1004 felt more clear and transparent with less bass, I wonder how much better the 17xx series is, especially the HS1750, thanks.

Nov 14, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #693 of 805
From e-e Staff reviewer

Optimal solution for reference monitor earphones​

It's already been 10 months since the release of Acoustune's new lineup, the Monitor series "RS ONE". Introducing the long-awaited second monitor series "RS THREE".

The first thing that came to my mind when I heard that sound was headphones: SONY "MDR-CD900ST" and speakers: YAMAHA "NS-10M STUDIO". It reproduces all sounds faithfully to the original sound, and I felt that it was an excellent product that made it easy to judge noise, vocal breath, sound panning, and spatial effects.

The low range is mild, but it is solid and never lacking, and the midrange sounds natural rather than thick. The high range is also smarter than RS ONE, and there is no hardness.
I personally like it very much.

Of course, it's great for everyday use, but especially for those who are making songs or are into DTM, it made me feel that this was the best reference monitor.

I love the peaky sound of the RS ONE, which is more like a monitor for live performances. I am seriously considering.

The housing is light and does not make you tired, and the cable is detachable, and while the RS ONE's cable is 1.2m, the RS THREE's is 1.8m, so you don't have to worry about the cable being too long. Isn't it a surprisingly happy point?

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #694 of 805
Hi, can you please describe the difference in sound between HS1790 and HS1551, especially in the bass part, transparency of the sound, speed of the instruments and resolution.
To me the HS1551 sound veiled, the HS1004 felt more clear and transparent with less bass, I wonder how much better the 17xx series is, especially the HS1750, thanks.
Be warned that I'm not that deep in understanding tonality and stuff, but here it is. take it with a grain of salt.

HS1790: The bass is very nice, and precise, not as much punch as 1551. the mid and high is very bright. You could hear string underneath other strings. A bit clinical, the soundstage is enough for me, like being in a large room. When working, I like to hear instrumentals, sometimes I like to hear guqin, you know those slides of the finger when you play guqin? I can heart the moment a fingertip stopped on the string with this.
HS1551: Depending on the eartip, I use AET08, the bass is punchy, and has a quick and precise decay. basically, warm with good mid and acceptable high. Not for bassheads, of course. but very good with electric guitars.
HS1750 : Oh, man. very dark and warm compared to the old 1551. It got a very deep rumble but still not drowning the mids. the high tho, is slightly more recessed than 1551. Now, this one is like a party in the ears. When you like EDMs and music with deep bass and pulsing electrical sounds, this one is great.

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but basically this:
Get HS 1750 if you like bass, get 1790 if you like clear details. HS 1551 has been discontinued as far as I know.
Also, ACoustune build is crazy tough. I mean, it's CNC metal.

Nov 16, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #696 of 805
HS2000MX users, please get the ACT04 module when you can and drive it with a powerful DAP/amp. All I can say is wow!

114000B2-A0DB-49C7-A50C-2DB4B0C6AC97.jpeg

Nov 16, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #698 of 805
HS2000MX users, please get the ACT04 module when you can and drive it with a powerful DAP/amp. All I can say is wow!

I've heard it's the most demanding of the chambers with 50 Ohms impedance. How does it sound?

Also it is possible a comparison of ACT03 and ACT04 with the other two chambers?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #699 of 805
How is it compare to the ACT 01? The 04 just got release for like a few days so i dont have much info about it

So the ACT01 is definitely the brightest amongst the current modules with the best detail retrieval . The ACT04 is quite balanced imo, but is harder to drive than ACT01/02.

I've heard it's the most demanding of the chambers with 50 Ohms impedance. How does it sound?

Also it is possible a comparison of ACT03 and ACT04 with the other two chambers?

So in terms of sound signature, I think ACT02 and ACT04 are the closest. I think both are quite balanced across the spectrum but the ACT02 is smoother and warmer than ACT04.

ACT01 is the brightest and ACT03 I think is the warmest. ACT03 has that type of bass that surrounds the listener.

In terms of drivability, ACT01/02 are similarly easy to drive while ACT03/04 are both harder to drive than the first two modules.

I think the ACT04 shows me how powerful sources can unleash its potential. There’s much added depth and width to its sound when driving with powerful amps. I didn’t get that same impression when driving the ACT03 as its bass region is almost always there, perhaps masking some differences for me.

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #700 of 805
Found an info image from masterteam.hk maybe this will help someone who interested specwise
1668609026641.png

So the ACT01 is definitely the brightest amongst the current modules with the best detail retrieval . The ACT04 is quite balanced imo, but is harder to drive than ACT01/02.

So in terms of sound signature, I think ACT02 and ACT04 are the closest. I think both are quite balanced across the spectrum but the ACT02 is smoother and warmer than ACT04.

ACT01 is the brightest and ACT03 I think is the warmest. ACT03 has that type of bass that surrounds the listener.

In terms of drivability, ACT01/02 are similarly easy to drive while ACT03/04 are both harder to drive than the first two modules.

I think the ACT04 shows me how powerful sources can unleash its potential. There’s much added depth and width to its sound when driving with powerful amps. I didn’t get that same impression when driving the ACT03 as its bass region is almost always there, perhaps masking some differences for me.
Thanks for the feedback, can you share which DAP or source you use to drive the new ACT04?

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #701 of 805
Found an info image from masterteam.hk maybe this will help someone who interested specwise 1668609026641.png

Thanks for the feedback, can you share which DAP or source you use to drive the new ACT04?

So I used the iBasso DX300MAX Ti with ACT04 and the result is quite spectacular. Also tried ifi gold bar, Sony WM1A, Oriolus DPS-L2. I would say the DPS-L2 did pretty well as well, but the DX300MAX really is a step above.

Nov 16, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #702 of 805
Nov 22, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #703 of 805

114000B2-A0DB-49C7-A50C-2DB4B0C6AC97.jpeg
Just ordered both the 03 and 04 to complete the collection. Hoping the ACT04 will balance out the WM1ZM2 with more treble energy~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back