Acoustune Impressions thread
Feb 22, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #301 of 805
Bright & full bodied, not thin.
Thank you. They are custom designed Litz 3 Japanese OFC copper to give more body on the mids.
Shielding from Teflon and braiding materials from Norme Audio.
Computation, design and build by NWZ, the model range is the Taekyo for 1670ss...
Yes, after having tried 2 1670ss (one was mine, other was from my friend), My overall feeling was that the treble is sparkly, detailed but not overly bright or thin, while retaining an unique "solidity" characteristic in it, that means certain instruments in the upper frequency have weight in the sound, and have good decay :).

Seeing you have quite a big list of gears, both used in the past and in present yet for a long period of time 1670ss is still in your inventory, I can say that you really admire the sound quality of it! I haven't listened to the "xxx7" series or the "55" series from Acoustune, but aside from that all the Acoustune i've heard are pretty amazing.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #304 of 805
Yes, after having tried 2 1670ss (one was mine, other was from my friend), My overall feeling was that the treble is sparkly, detailed but not overly bright or thin, while retaining an unique "solidity" characteristic in it, that means certain instruments in the upper frequency have weight in the sound, and have good decay :).

Seeing you have quite a big list of gears, both used in the past and in present yet for a long period of time 1670ss is still in your inventory, I can say that you really admire the sound quality of it! I haven't listened to the "xxx7" series or the "55" series from Acoustune, but aside from that all the Acoustune i've heard are pretty amazing.
There was a time, i had a really bad Itch. to upgrade to the '77. I put it up for sale locally.
There were a lot of Low ballers, lols that i put it down after some time. That was a sign, so i'm keeping it.
i couldn't Say it any better than what u just said. That's a given in the '70ss

This album's loaded w/ PRAT, ADSR, voices, full bodied percussions, bass, coherence
the 1670 does justice amazingly, awesomely well...
1614092796860.png

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #305 of 805
Is there a noticeable improvement in sound between the 1697 and 1677? Can someone compare both?

The tuning is too different for an apples to apples comparison. Both 1677 and 1657 have their own distinct characteristics which compliments specific types of music very well and while requiring less effort when source matching. The 1697 is the opposite with it's more balanced and subdued tuning and requires some thought and care into source matching. Having own all three, I'd say the 1677 and 1657 are more enjoyable for majority of music of various quality, but if you have some high quality music files and a capable playback system, then the 1697 win's hands down in term of raw technical performance and presentation.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #306 of 805
The tuning is too different for an apples to apples comparison. Both 1677 and 1657 have their own distinct characteristics which compliments specific types of music very well and while requiring less effort when source matching. The 1697 is the opposite with it's more balanced and subdued tuning and requires some thought and care into source matching. Having own all three, I'd say the 1677 and 1657 are more enjoyable for majority of music of various quality, but if you have some high quality music files and a capable playback system, then the 1697 win's hands down in term of raw technical performance and presentation.
If i were looking for good bass impact, airy vocals, good imaging, soundstage and separation, which one should i go for?

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #307 of 805
If i were looking for good bass impact, airy vocals, good imaging, soundstage and separation, which one should i go for?

For a clean studio like, mid foward, precise sound, go for the 1677. Timbre, and seperation is top notch. More sub-bass focused of the bunch. The upper treble might be a bit much as though, even on a warm sounding source. The 1670 might fare a bit better here from the graphs I've seen. This seems to fit your requirements the best.

For a more powerful, heftier, dynamic sound, go for the 1657. Sounds phenomenal for things like live concert recordings, big explosions in movies, male vocals, etc... Treble performance is a bit messy though, does have some bite so it doesn't sound dull but not precise like the 1677.

Feb 24, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #308 of 805
For a clean studio like, mid foward, precise sound, go for the 1677. Timbre, and seperation is top notch. More sub-bass focused of the bunch. The upper treble might be a bit much as though, even on a warm sounding source. The 1670 might fare a bit better here from the graphs I've seen. This seems to fit your requirements the best.

For a more powerful, heftier, dynamic sound, go for the 1657. Sounds phenomenal for things like live concert recordings, big explosions in movies, male vocals, etc... Treble performance is a bit messy though, does have some bite so it doesn't sound dull but not precise like the 1677.
I've been living w/ a pair of 1670ss for 2 years this coming June '21. Admittedly, they may be a handful (upper treble details), especially w/ extremely revealing source players. However, they Never sound Thin, ever. Full bodied always. Those hi-hats, tambourines, caracas, etc. are one of the Most realistic, the most Hi-fi in an IEM I have ever heard.
I auditioned kse1500, U18t, Planar full size, Beyers, 800s, etc., Acoustune can hold on its own. And that Sound field!
ca Andromeda, the largest holographic sound stage i experienced, wins by stage Depth and some separation in the mids.
Acoustune wins in the level of engagement, trebles, Bass and personally i preferred my 1670ss mids. The Andros are very detailed and all, but i prefer my DD mids.
I "coppered" its cable and it helped, by raising the Mids, recess the trebles by a significant margin. I'm also using the Sony hybrid tips since last month. These tips beat the aet08 for reducing the trebles, making them sound very analog. The sub bass texture on the aet08 however is far better, as well as Mids layering & resolution...

andro-1670.png

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #309 of 805
I've been living w/ a pair of 1670ss for 2 years this coming June '21. Admittedly, they may be a handful (upper treble details), especially w/ extremely revealing source players. However, they Never sound Thin, ever. Full bodied always. Those hi-hats, tambourines, caracas, etc. are one of the Most realistic, the most Hi-fi in an IEM I have ever heard
I absolutely agree. The way they present treble detail without sounding thin, mixed with the natural DD timbre is what makes them shine and even addicting at times. But I believe that some adjustments were made with the 77 series in which they added some gain around 8 khz & 10khz, making the treble sound "hotter" than it's suppose to be at times. You can remedy it by tip rolling, but I haven't found anything that offers the same tonal balance and detail as the AET08.

Feb 25, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #310 of 805
I absolutely agree. The way they present treble detail without sounding thin, mixed with the natural DD timbre is what makes them shine and even addicting at times. But I believe that some adjustments were made with the 77 series in which they added some gain around 8 khz & 10khz, making the treble sound "hotter" than it's suppose to be at times. You can remedy it by tip rolling, but I haven't found anything that offers the same tonal balance and detail as the AET08.
D@mn, The hottest of the 3, '50, 70 & 95 (the previous range), the 77 hotter still. I suppose there's some out there, that really love their trebles.
Yes, the aet08 tips are a tough act to follow. The Bass texture, mids clarity and how resolving the trebles, just taking out some edge out on the top end.
Or if someone here got their 1677 and too hot, don't fret, try the Treble killer, EP-EX11, the Sony Hybrid. Makes their trebles analog sounding...

Feb 25, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #312 of 805
Feb 27, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #313 of 805
Greetings. About a month ago I nearly bought the HS1677SS. It came down to that or the Dunu Zen for nearly the same price. I could have gone either way, it was that close but the fact that I could get the Zen in a couple of days swayed me in that direction. I'm really happy with them but still kicking around the idea of getting the 1677SS too. Have any of you had a chance to listen to them both and tell me how they compare? I'm not in a huge rush so does it seem there are new Acoustune models expected in the foreseeable future? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #314 of 805
Did anyone compare 1677 with 1695 TI gold?

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #315 of 805
Did anyone compare 1677 with 1695 TI gold?

From a very reliable fellow headfier, the '77 (updated, brighter version of my '70) is treblehead level whilst the '95 ti gold is balanced sounding.
Aside from that, you'll be very pleased with the Acoustune sound field, they're enormous...

1614533653345.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back