A comparison of all my IEMs NOW WITH REVIEW:-)! W3, Sennheiser IE8, UE10 pro, SE530, ER4P, Triple Fi, Sensaphonics 2XS etc.
Jan 6, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #46 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried my IE8 (which I got today, so not fully burnt in yet) with some Hip-Hop, and I can tell you they sound fantastic with this type of music. Listening to some tracks by Lil Wayne and Slim Thugg for example, the bass is excellent, very deep and tight. They also seem to be handling rock rather well.

The soundstage of the IE8 is absolutely phenomenal though. Really does feel like a set of cans.

i kinda expected that aswell. they always have a better chance of sounding better with hip hop than armature phones. if yo can rip some jah cure and let me know how the bass comes across. it wont be the best recorded music but if theres soul in the sound you will hear it for sure if the phones are good.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #50 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, I'm open to trying new types of music.

The question is, which artists?

jah cure is the artist i suggested lol, if you dont favour reggae you may not like it but it does in my opinion express true feeling and the bass can certainly test your phones.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #51 of 195
Is there any chance that the IE8 will defeat the UE-10s in terms of:

-Details
-Soundstage
-Pinpoint/Imaging
-Sound Quality
-Comfort
-Isolation
-Neutrality
-Naturality [Don't know how to say it]
-Fitting to Classical Music

???

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #53 of 195
Still waiting for the review... how about just stating what you think now David and we will adjust to the "newness bump of the W3s". We already know that the FOTM has added a bit of hype like it did when the E500s and all other IEMs came out. We can adjust for that. Long term opinions always change. That's how it always is around here.

Patiently waiting
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #55 of 195
I've just deleted about 20 posts because they were either useless speculation about what the IE8 would sound like in comparison to the UE10 (without having heard the IE8), or responses to the above, or other side tracks like a discussion of Sleek IEMs, etc. Let's please try to keep this thread on topic.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #56 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just deleted about 20 posts because they were either useless speculation about what the IE8 would sound like in comparison to the UE10 (without having heard the IE8), or responses to the above, or other side tracks like a discussion of Sleek IEMs, etc. Let's please try to keep this thread on topic.

every thread strays off topic lol if you deleted posts of every thread that went off topic there would be no posts left.
popcorn.gif

edit: not only that but its a comparison thread is it not. i never said the IE8 are better or worse its called speculation, i was giving my opinion on how they may compare, and my reasons for saying the fit and comfort of the ue10 MAY be better is because its custom...so its logical to think the ue10 has advantages in this department, so was the comparison that bad even tho i have not heard the IE8?? honestly, sometimes i wonder why we are aloud to discuss some things if a moderator is going to delete posts with no bad language in or similar...

haha im treading a thin line now aint i... (prepares for the worst lol)

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #57 of 195
seems like everyone is waiting for this one.

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #58 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
every thread strays off topic lol if you deleted posts of every thread that went off topic there would be no posts left.
popcorn.gif

edit: not only that but its a comparison thread is it not. i never said the IE8 are better or worse its called speculation, i was giving my opinion on how they may compare, and my reasons for saying the fit and comfort of the ue10 MAY be better is because its custom...so its logical to think the ue10 has advantages in this department, so was the comparison that bad even tho i have not heard the IE8?? honestly, sometimes i wonder why we are aloud to discuss some things if a moderator is going to delete posts with no bad language in or similar...

haha im treading a thin line now aint i... (prepares for the worst lol)

Questioning a moderator's decision making on the forums is not 'aloud' (as you would have it). If you want to complain, send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back