A comparison of all my IEMs NOW WITH REVIEW:-)! W3, Sennheiser IE8, UE10 pro, SE530, ER4P, Triple Fi, Sensaphonics 2XS etc.
Jan 4, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #31 of 195
Well the triple.fi, W3 and SE530 definitely can't beat the ER4S in terms of detail. I wonder if anything else can at least compete with the ER4P in terms of detail, seeing how the ER4P is a slightly toned down ER4S.
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #32 of 195
well to make a iem have ety like detail you need to cut the bass to expose the mids and highs and have a analytical iem I don't know of any 3 driver without some significant bass in there
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #34 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also think for sheer detail there is no IEM I have heard as good as the IE8.....

Now that's something I wasn't expecting. It was my understanding that BA > DD in terms of detail, but these later IEMs i.e. RE0 and IE8, seem to be on par if not surpass the level of detail provided by their BA counterparts. Hmmm ... which begs the question, what advantage(s) is left to BA? I'm really looking forward to your review
popcorn.gif

Gritt

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #35 of 195
Quote:

I think it's a misconception that Detail = highs and high mids.

Agreed here. Some people just think that detail is all about mids and highs and to get detailed headphones you have to cut off the bass, like what hockeyb213 said. But in fact that is a misconception. Just because the bass is cut doesn't mean it's more detailed. It just means it's brighter.

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #36 of 195
Quote:

I think it's a misconception that Detail = highs and high mids. I think the UE10s have far more detail than the ER4P/S. There's tons of detail in bass response.

I also think for sheer detail there is no IEM I have heard as good as the IE8.....more on that later.

That was 1 point where the westone 3 would have won over the IE8..

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #38 of 195
Quote:

I think it's a misconception that Detail = highs and high mids. I think the UE10s have far more detail than the ER4P/S. There's tons of detail in bass response.

I also think for sheer detail there is no IEM I have heard as good as the IE8.....more on that later.

can't agree with u more. being a then owner of ER4P, Shure e5/e5c and TF10Pro, I can tell IE8 uncovers a lot of details I have never ever noticed before from other IEMs. and IE8 surprised me a lot in symphonies.

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #39 of 195
Quote:

Really? Seriously? Wow, you're going to stir up a little debate if you end up making that claim
biggrin.gif

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm all for hearing that the IE8 is great: I just ordered it a few days ago. But when I was deciding on whether or not I was going to get it, detail was one of the sonic characteristics I was willing to sacrifice for choosing this earphone over others on the market.

Guess I really will have to read your review.

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #40 of 195
DavidMahler:
normal_smile .gif
How is it going?

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #41 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguyoverthere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the westone 3s still make poor recordings sound better than they would on, say, CX500s?

Its actually does the opposite...with poor recordings, W3 will make them sound worse my friend...

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #42 of 195
Cant wait for your comparison man...already ordered a IE8 to try it myself~Lol~

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #43 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cant wait for your comparison man...already ordered a IE8 to try it myself~Lol~

I'm curious to know what you will say about it after loving the w3 so much..

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #44 of 195
im looking forward to your opinion too feather because if i was to go for one of the 2 westone 3 and IE8 instinct would say take the IE8.

if you can post a few pics so we see how well they fit you. and a small request from me, try a bit of reggae and hip hop out, maybe some jah cure, something along those lines. let us know how it goes! thanks

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #45 of 195
I tried my IE8 (which I got today, so not fully burnt in yet) with some Hip-Hop, and I can tell you they sound fantastic with this type of music. Listening to some tracks by Lil Wayne and Slim Thugg for example, the bass is excellent, very deep and tight. They also seem to be handling rock rather well.

The soundstage of the IE8 is absolutely phenomenal though. Really does feel like a set of cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back