A companion to sleep on the side with? Yes, I AM in the right forum! ;-)
Oct 5, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #17 of 51

Quote:
Quote:
Meltie, thanks.  Both sound good,  the Ultimate UE 700 is a little expensive though.

What is your budget? You may like the Sennheiser IE7s. You can get them refurbished (like new with Sennheiser warranty) from DAKmart.com for $99.00. Honestly for that price range the IE7s are hard to beat and they are very nice and mid centric. They also have a very good fit generally to the ear canal. Best to get them while you still can as well as they aren't made anymore and if you did use the warranty Sennheiser will be forced to upgrade you to the new IE80s.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #21 of 51

Quote:
Not when you're sleeping on your side. 
blink.gif

Actually I do find it very comfortable sleeping on the side, and that's with my westone 3 which is already somewhat bulky. The westone 1s were even better as they're significantly smaller; could not feel them at all when lying on the side.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #22 of 51
Quote:
Actually I do find it very comfortable sleeping on the side, and that's with my westone 3 which is already somewhat bulky. The westone 1s were even better as they're significantly smaller; could not feel them at all when lying on the side.

Ask and you shall receive!  So many suggestions, thanks.  Reading reviews of all.  

As to Westone 1, I had a set that had a similar design, in which, like in this one, you need to wrap a cord above and behind your ear.  I didn't find it very comfortable.  Maybe it's just the brand I had (don't remember which), but I think: the less contact with wires -- the better.  No?

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #23 of 51

Quote:

The main discomfort is when the cable brushes around the ear. That was the W4. Anyway, sleeping with music on till the morning is not a good idea.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #24 of 51

Quote:
The main discomfort is when the cable brushes around the ear. That was the W4. Anyway, sleeping with music on till the morning is not a good idea.

If you do so at low volume I wouldn't worry about it. Now at a dangerous level that's a different story.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #26 of 51

Quote:
The main discomfort is when the cable brushes around the ear. That was the W4.

That's what worries me as well, about this type of design, as I said above, though not about this set.

Quote:
Anyway, sleeping with music on till the morning is not a good idea.

LOL, this is not the health and lifestyle forum, nikp, it's a Head-fi one!  I'm just teasing you (kind of)... 
tongue.gif
 but regardless, this has nothing to do with my request.  Whatever I listen to, is done within 1/2 - 1 hour and then I would like to be able to sleep the rest of the night in comfort, with the headset on. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #27 of 51

Quote:
I usually listen to 50% volume but I put on a sleep timer in about an hour.

Usually with me even if I do fall asleep with them on I have a playlist set and they would go on not much longer than an hour at most anyways then the player would shut off automatically after a few minutes of idle. I only would ever use random mix all if I was burning in a pair of IEMs/headphones and that would be without wearing them :).

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #28 of 51
When i still have the UE700, I used to lie on the side with it...very small, comfortable and non-intrusive

i definitely recommend it as one of your top choices

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #30 of 51

Quote:

I'd always imagined iems would prevent you hearing the smoke detectors going off or Michael Myers rummaging in the cutlery drawer in the kitchen...
Anyways, sweet dreams 
etysmile.gif

That was exactly what happened to me last week - Think I was listening at unsafe levels. Good thing it was a false alarm.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back