1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jul 25, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #571 of 1,586
Not as warm as here! Impossible to wear headphones at the moment. Around 90F for days and days. No rain for weeks and weeks. I thought I left the nasty summer heat behind when I left Michigan.

Glasgow... envious.

You've to get even warmer down there

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #572 of 1,586
Not as warm as here! Impossible to wear headphones at the moment. Around 90F for days and days. No rain for weeks and weeks. I thought I left the nasty summer heat behind when I left Michigan.

Glasgow... envious.

90's F... puleeeze... :p Here's what I enjoyed a few days ago... :)

IMG_9557.PNG

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #573 of 1,586
90's F... puleeeze... :p Here's what I enjoyed a few days ago... :)

I bet you have air conditioning. The house at 2am is still over 80F and that is it cooled off now for the night! Hard to sleep.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #574 of 1,586
I bet you have air conditioning. The house at 2am is still over 80F and that is it cooled off now for the night! Hard to sleep.

Oh dear, that is very rough! I can see why it is bearing down on you so much. :frowning2:

EDIT: yes, we do have AC, but I often get cold inside and have to go outside to thaw out.. but I recognize I'm not normal, for certain! :D

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #575 of 1,586
My office/travel pair of MDR-1A's has been getting creakier and creakier over time and I thought it was time to get a new pair. Noticed a new set of gold/copper 1mores for £120 and decided to try them out.

First impressions were good but I did notice that when you put them on there is a brief period where the sound is a bit weird. Kind of like it's coming from a box. It disappears quickly when you get the seal properly but it was odd. Comparing to the Sony's, the 1more is much clearer I think. On the Sony cymbal hits are a bit grainy which I noticed immediately when doing AB test. Overall I think 1more has more resolution in the sound and the bass is not as bloated.

Still I need to test them for comfort at the office and with glasses. (though I usually don't use glasses at desk) Overall seems pretty nice for the price. Another option is the Beoplay H6 if the comfort doesn't pan out. The 1A's are still a value king for me as I managed to get a new pair around 3 years ago for 50 euros. (closeout sale)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #576 of 1,586
My office/travel pair of MDR-1A's has been getting creakier and creakier over time and I thought it was time to get a new pair. Noticed a new set of gold/copper 1mores for £120 and decided to try them out.

First impressions were good but I did notice that when you put them on there is a brief period where the sound is a bit weird. Kind of like it's coming from a box. It disappears quickly when you get the seal properly but it was odd. Comparing to the Sony's, the 1more is much clearer I think. On the Sony cymbal hits are a bit grainy which I noticed immediately when doing AB test. Overall I think 1more has more resolution in the sound and the bass is not as bloated.

Still I need to test them for comfort at the office and with glasses. (though I usually don't use glasses at desk) Overall seems pretty nice for the price. Another option is the Beoplay H6 if the comfort doesn't pan out. The 1A's are still a value king for me as I managed to get a new pair around 3 years ago for 50 euros. (closeout sale)

You could have traded the Sony’s in towards the 1Mores, since they were still working.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #577 of 1,586
You could have traded the Sony’s in towards the 1Mores, since they were still working.

Maybe but they are at the point in creaking that Im not sure I am comfortable selling/trading them. If I do it will be on the cheap.

Sony's build quality on those is not that great.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #578 of 1,586
Maybe but they are at the point in creaking that Im not sure I am comfortable selling/trading them. If I do it will be on the cheap.

Sony's build quality on those is not that great.

It was just a suggestion.

They can be in any condition to qualify for the trade-in program, as long as they work (ie play sound). And you would get 50% of original MSRP as trade-in credit.

That’s how I got my silver pair of 1Mores for $37 shipped.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #579 of 1,586
I know that feeling. It was 119 at our home the day before yesterday and over 115 for the past 4-5 days. The thing is, AC is a great invention and even temps like this don’t stop me from ever wearing headphones.

Oh by the way, I just received a set of the 1More Triple drivers from a very gracious friend and I must say, I truly enjoy these.
I also own the Meze 99 classics and Neo and still can’t figure out which I prefer. I like them all as they’re all different enough to enjoy and just get lost in the music. Such a great time for all of us to own some reasonably priced “very” nice sounding headphones. I just can’t seen to stop acquiring them.

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #580 of 1,586
. Another option is the Beoplay H6 if the comfort doesn't pan out.

I actually find my H6 less comfortable than the H1707. For some reason the headband on the H6 gets very uncomfortable in a short time. The edge of it is kind of hard and cuts in a bit on my head. That limits how long I can wear them. Would be ok for a one hour commute or something like that but I cannot wear them for hours on end. I can and have worn the H1707 for hours and hours. They are not fatiguing for me in any way... physical comfort or sound. I have the gold version.

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #581 of 1,586
It was just a suggestion.

They can be in any condition to qualify for the trade-in program, as long as they work (ie play sound). And you would get 50% of original MSRP as trade-in credit.

That’s how I got my silver pair of 1Mores for $37 shipped.

Who has the trade in program? It is from 1More?

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #582 of 1,586
Who has the trade in program? It is from 1More?

Yeah, direct from 1More.

I don’t know when it ends though. It was at least active a couple of months ago when I got my H1707.

You don’t even have to trade in headphones either. They can be earbuds or IEMs. They just have to be working, and you get 50% of MSRP as a store credit (usable on 1Mores website). You can use it towards any 1More product - H1707, quad driver IEMs, whatever. I think the max credit is $500, but I’m just going by memory. All of the details/rules are on the trade-in form.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #583 of 1,586
Yeah, direct from 1More.

I don’t know when it ends though. It was at least active a couple of months ago when I got my H1707.

You don’t even have to trade in headphones either. They can be earbuds or IEMs. They just have to be working, and you get 50% of MSRP as a store credit (usable on 1Mores website). You can use it towards any 1More product - H1707, quad driver IEMs, whatever. I think the max credit is $500, but I’m just going by memory. All of the details/rules are on the trade-in form.

Thanks! I kept googling trying to find it, and it was right on the 1More homepage. Just not showing up in a Google search. (lol)

Jul 27, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #584 of 1,586
I'm like ready to click buy on the Silvers but I've ordered already Taction Kannons (well it was paid for last year tho but recieved this year), Audeze Mobius, Ora GrapheneQ and Aiwa Arc-1 headphones this year so that's like getting a bit much for my tastes but the Silvers can be had for a pretty decent price of 190€ (~$225) right now so that's causing me some heavy buyer's remorse anxiety as I'm not the kind of guy who likes to spend a lot on what I might not necessarily need.

HALP!! xD What to do...

Jul 27, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #585 of 1,586
I'm like ready to click buy on the Silvers but I've ordered already Taction Kannons (well it was paid for last year tho but recieved this year), Audeze Mobius, Ora GrapheneQ and Aiwa Arc-1 headphones this year so that's like getting a bit much for my tastes but the Silvers can be had for a pretty decent price of 190€ (~$225) right now so that's causing me some heavy buyer's remorse anxiety as I'm not the kind of guy who likes to spend a lot on what I might not necessarily need.

HALP!! xD What to do...

I had to google some of those. Seems the Kannon is a bass monster. The Mobius is planar and a 3D gaming headphone. the Aiwa is bluetooth. The Ora sounds interesting. Maybe I will steal it. My husband has one coming if they ever ship. I would not expect it to be similar at all to the H1707. You are brave doing so many kickstarters.

Only you can decide. You probably don't NEED it but when has that stopped some of us... lol. Why are you tempted? I love mine but I know a few people think it is too small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back