1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jul 27, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #586 of 1,579
I had to google some of those. Seems the Kannon is a bass monster. The Mobius is planar and a 3D gaming headphone. the Aiwa is bluetooth. The Ora sounds interesting. Maybe I will steal it. My husband has one coming if they ever ship. I would not expect it to be similar at all to the H1707. You are brave doing so many kickstarters.

Only you can decide. You probably don't NEED it but when has that stopped some of us... lol. Why are you tempted? I love mine but I know a few people think it is too small.

I'm into kickstarter campaigns because of the reduced pricing. :p Then it's okay if it arrives a bit late.

I don't care that much about the on-ear vs over-ear as long as it sounds good, Ideally I prefer over-ear but I can appriciate on-ear for the more compact size though.

The main reason I'm interested in 1More TOEH is the 3-driver aspect and especially with the dedicated bass reflector which I hope can provide the similar "feel the bass" aspect of M-Audio Q40 that I've been trying to find an upgrade for and for example I liked the highly praised Ultrasone Signature DJs among EDM lovers less as it was more V-shaped than the Q40 leaving the mids too recessed/highs too bright (probably owned Q40 headphone as my main and only headphone I've used for like 6 years) but I've come to love the tactile feel-the-bass so much that it would be hard to live without it even if a headphone otherwise sounded better, the $120 Q40 do sound very good for their price and has the signature I'm looking for (bass emphasized but otherwise balanced mids vs highs). The Kannons are more of a one tricky pony IMO (still kept it as it's a cool first attempt at delivering something new to the table) that obviously focuses on that aspect delivering a very strong feel the bass sensation but the sound quality again isn't up to the task and I easily prefer the Q40 headphones to the Kannons for sound quality.

Please note it would be paired with a digiZoid ZO amp which is a unique design and fully analog amp and it greatly enhances the bass output but it doesn't work like a traditional bass boost switch on for example a portable amp/dac and has much greater sound quality vs bass quantity ratio you normally would encounter so I'm interested to see if the 1More might have potential as an M-Audio Q40 upgrade with that combo. My biggest worry is whether the midrange is forward enough on the 1More as I quite enjoy the mids on the Q40 that I don't feel is missing at all, well bass is slightly louder yes but it's not more recessed than the highs so everything still sounds pretty meaty and up-front on the Q40 while delivering nice punchy impactful bass. The other worry is if the 1More has tight and controlled and punchy enough bass, the Q40 do pretty exceptional job in not muddying upp the bass, it's a more snappy and punchy one that I enjoy, I'm looking more for "punch" than rumble as I like to feel the initial impact of a bass beat in electronic music, then I don't care much about actually hearing the bass as long as I feel it as I prefer to focus more on the leads and vocals. On the paper the 1More TOEH should have greater chance delivering that tactile bass sensation due the dedicated bass driver (I expect it to be enhanced when paired with the digiZoid amp).

As long as the 1More headphone would even be able to match the now discontinued $120 Q40 in sonical performance and deliver that bass sensation I'm looking for (the amp is really the key here capable of turning any headphone to bass monsters if turning up the bass boost so even if you feel it's not that bass heavy as stock it might be a different story when I listen with this amp) Due to Q40 being EOL and the stock pads are like only good for like up to 2 years of use (I'm on the 3rd pair now I think bought 2nd hand from users here) I just want to to find a replacement in case this Q40 would die on me as it has been through a lot of abuse over the years now.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #587 of 1,579
Screw this buying remorse, I'll give em a go. Some places sells them as high as 249 EUR and there's only 6 left in stock from this vendor for a more acceptable 189€. But enough headphones for me this year, my quota has already been exceeded. ^^

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #588 of 1,579
I'm into kickstarter campaigns because of the reduced pricing. :p Then it's okay if it arrives a bit late.

Some things never come. My husband is waiting for a couple of things (a headphone and an iem) from Trinity Audio that will never come.

I don't care that much about the on-ear vs over-ear as long as it sounds good, Ideally I prefer over-ear but I can appriciate on-ear for the more compact size though.

I consider these over ear in the sense that no part of my ear is visible when I look in the mirror with them on. Also, for me there is no painful pressure point even near my glasses (which I often have with on ears).

Screw this buying remorse, I'll give em a go. Some places sells them as high as 249 EUR and there's only 6 left in stock from this vendor for a more acceptable 189€. But enough headphones for me this year, my quota has already been exceeded. ^^

Have fun. It sounds like soon you will have more than enough to keep you busy for more than a year:) Let us know what you think.

Jul 27, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #589 of 1,579
Yeah, direct from 1More.

I don’t know when it ends though. It was at least active a couple of months ago when I got my H1707.

You don’t even have to trade in headphones either. They can be earbuds or IEMs. They just have to be working, and you get 50% of MSRP as a store credit (usable on 1Mores website). You can use it towards any 1More product - H1707, quad driver IEMs, whatever. I think the max credit is $500, but I’m just going by memory. All of the details/rules are on the trade-in form.

I just checked this morning and the promotion is still advertised on their site, but I've emailed them to ask them about specific models I'm considering sending in, since I'd rather not incur the expense of sending them models that they consider "discontinued" since I'm not sure how they make that determination.

For example, I'd like to send them Sennheiser Urbanite XL, Urbanite, HD 280 Pro, and Beyerdynamic Custom i. All but the last one show up on the manufacturer's web site, so I don't think they would be considered "discontinued" but I suppose 1More could see it differently. The Custom i never, to my knowledge, existed on the Beyerdynamic web site since it seems to be nothing but a rename of the Custom Street, so that one's a little iffy.

I also have KEF M100 and M500, and they're still on KEF's web site, so I would think they aren't "discontinued" either, but it seems they should tell you up front before you ship them.

Did you check with them before sending anything in or just fill out the form and ship them and hope for the best?

Jul 27, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #590 of 1,579
I just checked this morning and the promotion is still advertised on their site, but I've emailed them to ask them about specific models I'm considering sending in, since I'd rather not incur the expense of sending them models that they consider "discontinued" since I'm not sure how they make that determination.

For example, I'd like to send them Sennheiser Urbanite XL, Urbanite, HD 280 Pro, and Beyerdynamic Custom i. All but the last one show up on the manufacturer's web site, so I don't think they would be considered "discontinued" but I suppose 1More could see it differently. The Custom i never, to my knowledge, existed on the Beyerdynamic web site since it seems to be nothing but a rename of the Custom Street, so that one's a little iffy.

I also have KEF M100 and M500, and they're still on KEF's web site, so I would think they aren't "discontinued" either, but it seems they should tell you up front before you ship them.

Did you check with them before sending anything in or just fill out the form and ship them and hope for the best?

In my experience they were very lenient and accommodating. Remember, they WANT to help you get some 1Mores. They’re not doing the promotion to try and screw people. They are one of the most helpful and customer service oriented headphone companies I’ve ever dealt with.

If in doubt, feel free to call or email 1More sales. If you have any trouble, PM me because I have some contacts there.

BTW, what I did (which is not required by any means), was to print off documentation for my trade in headphones, and highlighted the MSRP portion. I’m sure they still did their own checking, but I like to think it made their job of investigating easier.

P.S. - You have some decent gear there. Have you considered selling some of it on the for sale section? I mean, I literally just bought some new KEF M500 because I couldn’t find any. And the Urbanite XL are good prosumer cans, by themselves or as donor shells. Just a thought...

Jul 27, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #591 of 1,579
In my experience they were very lenient and accommodating. Remember, they WANT to help you get some 1Mores. They’re not doing the promotion to try and screw people. They are one of the most helpful and customer service oriented headphone companies I’ve ever dealt with.

If in doubt, feel free to call or email 1More sales. If you have any trouble, PM me because I have some contacts there.

BTW, what I did (which is not required by any means), was to print off documentation for my trade in headphones, and highlighted the MSRP portion. I’m sure they still did their own checking, but I like to think it made their job of investigating easier.

P.S. - You have some decent gear there. Have you considered selling some of it on the for sale section? I mean, I literally just bought some new KEF M500 because I couldn’t find any. And the Urbanite XL are good prosumer cans, by themselves or as donor shells. Just a thought...

Thanks for the tips, yeah I did email them this morning and inquired specifically about the models I referenced in my earlier post -- hopefully they will respond soon.

Re: selling some of my gear, yes, I definitely have thought about it, and even sold a couple here semi-recently (Grado SR325e and Sony XB90EX, also traded DT 770 Pro/32 for HD 250 Linear II), but I definitely need to sell more as I have an overabundance for sure. :sweat_smile:

I've noted that sales tend to go rather slowly on here, unless the price is extraordinarily aggressive or the item is rare enough and in demand, which is why I considered this trade-in option since I'd send them all together and trade them in for a 1More Triple Driver Over Ear.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #592 of 1,579
I've bought a set of these, second hand but as new in gold colour. Got them for less than £110 so a bargain. I don't need them but I couldn't resist!

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #593 of 1,579
So after a little more time to play with the H1707 I still really enjoy the sound... the fit maybe not as much. Don't get me wrong it doesn't get in the way of enjoying them but my ears are red hot after a wee while (I know build has been mentioned here a few times so won't dwell on it).

While listening though it kept reminding me of another headphone i had, then after some trial and error it was the Soundmagic HP100 which goes for a very similar signature. Both had very similar levels of detail. The HP100 is much more open sounding, although the H1707 had a far wider soundstage. Bass although similar in depth goes to the Hp100 which tbh has some of the best bass resolution and weight than a lot of my other headphones... the H1707 is quite soft in comparison. Both do electronic style music well, but that the HP100 has better punch which is very addictive (for me). Mids are quite similar although they have a bit more weight on the H1707 which helps bring the mids a bit more forward which can give the impression they're more detailed and that the mids on the Hp100 are more recessed. After AB'ing though they both have very similar levels of detail coming through, separation going to the HP100 but not by a large margin. The Hp100 sounds more natural though in tone. Treble is perhaps a bit cleaner on the H1707, perhaps tad brighter even... but they're more similar than different. These differences might sound like it contradicts what I first said about them having a similar signature, but when listening to the same songs they definitely share an overall similar sound. PREFERENCE : Soundmagic HP100. I forgot how good it was so glad to come back to it. It does have a much bigger build and goes right over the ears and is super comfy.

While investigating I also thought I'd compare it with the on ear Thinksound ON2. The H1707 is bigger, but it's smaller size could class it as on-ear depending on ear size. The On2 again has similar levels of detail coming through, both have a slightly thicker note presentation, the ON2 maybe a bit more so. Bass is similar with the On2 maybe again having better weight to the H1707 softness. Mids are much more forward on the ON2 which could be quite fatiguing to certain people but both share a very similar wide soundstage, the H1707 having bit more depth and air. The ON2 is brighter but this may be due to their forward presentation. All in all they reach similar levels of treble extension. Separation is again similar even with the ON2 having a notably thicker tone, I'd give it to the H1707 though as instrument can be easier to identify in the mix. In build they both have that tightness and type of pad that can cos a lot of heat after a short while.

I really enjoy all three, but the HP100 is definitely the most natural sounding of the bunch and the one I could use with ANY genre and enjoy them. The other two could/might get a bit fatiguing after a while, the Hp100 avoids this by being more open while going for the same presentation and overall sound.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #594 of 1,579
I used to own the Soundmagic HP150s, and I had wondered how they sounded in comparison. I got rid of mine because I was looking for closed headphones that were more portable for traveling and kept my NAD HP50s instead, and now the 1Mores have replaced the HP50s for that. Also, given the construction quality issues of the HP100/HP150, there might be some former owners who would like to own the 1Mores.

Jul 28, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #595 of 1,579
I used to own the Soundmagic HP150s, and I had wondered how they sounded in comparison. I got rid of mine because I was looking for closed headphones that were more portable for traveling and kept my NAD HP50s instead, and now the 1Mores have replaced the HP50s for that. Also, given the construction quality issues of the HP100/HP150, there might be some former owners who would like to own the 1Mores.

You bring up a very valid point about the size difference and construction deficiencies with the soundMAGICs

I haven’t listened to my HP150 or HP200 in a long time. It sounds like I need to dig them out and give them a listen :)

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #596 of 1,579

The main reason I'm interested in 1More TOEH is the 3-driver aspect and especially with the dedicated bass reflector which I hope can provide the similar "feel the bass" aspect of M-Audio Q40 that I've been trying to find an upgrade for and for example I liked the highly praised Ultrasone Signature DJs among EDM lovers less as it was more V-shaped than the Q40 leaving the mids too recessed/highs too bright (probably owned Q40 headphone as my main and only headphone I've used for like 6 years) but I've come to love the tactile feel-the-bass so much that it would be hard to live without it even if a headphone otherwise sounded better, the $120 Q40 do sound very good for their price and has the signature I'm looking for (bass emphasized but otherwise balanced mids vs highs). The Kannons are more of a one tricky pony IMO (still kept it as it's a cool first attempt at delivering something new to the table) that obviously focuses on that aspect delivering a very strong feel the bass sensation but the sound quality again isn't up to the task and I easily prefer the Q40 headphones to the Kannons for sound quality.

Please note it would be paired with a digiZoid ZO amp which is a unique design and fully analog amp and it greatly enhances the bass output but it doesn't work like a traditional bass boost switch on for example a portable amp/dac and has much greater sound quality vs bass quantity ratio you normally would encounter so I'm interested to see if the 1More might have potential as an M-Audio Q40 upgrade with that combo. My biggest worry is whether the midrange is forward enough on the 1More as I quite enjoy the mids on the Q40 that I don't feel is missing at all, well bass is slightly louder yes but it's not more recessed than the highs so everything still sounds pretty meaty and up-front on the Q40 while delivering nice punchy impactful bass. The other worry is if the 1More has tight and controlled and punchy enough bass, the Q40 do pretty exceptional job in not muddying upp the bass, it's a more snappy and punchy one that I enjoy, I'm looking more for "punch" than rumble as I like to feel the initial impact of a bass beat in electronic music, then I don't care much about actually hearing the bass as long as I feel it as I prefer to focus more on the leads and vocals. On the paper the 1More TOEH should have greater chance delivering that tactile bass sensation due the dedicated bass driver (I expect it to be enhanced when paired with the digiZoid amp).

As long as the 1More headphone would even be able to match the now discontinued $120 Q40 in sonical performance and deliver that bass sensation I'm looking for (the amp is really the key here capable of turning any headphone to bass monsters if turning up the bass boost so even if you feel it's not that bass heavy as stock it might be a different story when I listen with this amp) Due to Q40 being EOL and the stock pads are like only good for like up to 2 years of use (I'm on the 3rd pair now I think bought 2nd hand from users here) I just want to to find a replacement in case this Q40 would die on me as it has been through a lot of abuse over the years now.
The 1 more doesn't have the same bass kick as the Q40. The 1 more is a brighter can in comparison with much more clarity and detail. Very different cans imo.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #597 of 1,579
So after a little more time to play with the H1707 I still really enjoy the sound... the fit maybe not as much. Don't get me wrong it doesn't get in the way of enjoying them but my ears are red hot after a wee while (I know build has been mentioned here a few times so won't dwell on it).

While listening though it kept reminding me of another headphone i had, then after some trial and error it was the Soundmagic HP100 which goes for a very similar signature. Both had very similar levels of detail. The HP100 is much more open sounding, although the H1707 had a far wider soundstage. Bass although similar in depth goes to the Hp100 which tbh has some of the best bass resolution and weight than a lot of my other headphones... the H1707 is quite soft in comparison. Both do electronic style music well, but that the HP100 has better punch which is very addictive (for me). Mids are quite similar although they have a bit more weight on the H1707 which helps bring the mids a bit more forward which can give the impression they're more detailed and that the mids on the Hp100 are more recessed. After AB'ing though they both have very similar levels of detail coming through, separation going to the HP100 but not by a large margin. The Hp100 sounds more natural though in tone. Treble is perhaps a bit cleaner on the H1707, perhaps tad brighter even... but they're more similar than different. These differences might sound like it contradicts what I first said about them having a similar signature, but when listening to the same songs they definitely share an overall similar sound. PREFERENCE : Soundmagic HP100. I forgot how good it was so glad to come back to it. It does have a much bigger build and goes right over the ears and is super comfy.

While investigating I also thought I'd compare it with the on ear Thinksound ON2. The H1707 is bigger, but it's smaller size could class it as on-ear depending on ear size. The On2 again has similar levels of detail coming through, both have a slightly thicker note presentation, the ON2 maybe a bit more so. Bass is similar with the On2 maybe again having better weight to the H1707 softness. Mids are much more forward on the ON2 which could be quite fatiguing to certain people but both share a very similar wide soundstage, the H1707 having bit more depth and air. The ON2 is brighter but this may be due to their forward presentation. All in all they reach similar levels of treble extension. Separation is again similar even with the ON2 having a notably thicker tone, I'd give it to the H1707 though as instrument can be easier to identify in the mix. In build they both have that tightness and type of pad that can cos a lot of heat after a short while.

I really enjoy all three, but the HP100 is definitely the most natural sounding of the bunch and the one I could use with ANY genre and enjoy them. The other two could/might get a bit fatiguing after a while, the Hp100 avoids this by being more open while going for the same presentation and overall sound.
I just snagged the On2 - Love it. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it's a detail monster. I find the bass quite a bit more hefty on the 1 more. Mids are better on the On2 because of this. Both offer exceptional clarity, but I think I find the On2 more musical overall. The 1 more can become a tad bit sterile in my experience. One thing for sure, they're both keepers.

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #599 of 1,579

That' funny you mention the NAD HP50 as I'm cuurently looking in to buying them next as can get a good deal. How would you compare the Hp50 with 1more?

You bring up a very valid point about the size difference and construction deficiencies with the soundMAGICs

I haven’t listened to my HP150 or HP200 in a long time. It sounds like I need to dig them out and give them a listen :)

Yeah, I love going back to them. They're just so much fun and open.

I just snagged the On2 - Love it. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it's a detail monster. I find the bass quite a bit more hefty on the 1 more. Mids are better on the On2 because of this. Both offer exceptional clarity, but I think I find the On2 more musical overall. The 1 more can become a tad bit sterile in my experience. One thing for sure, they're both keepers.

Yes, both are keepers. Hmm, I'll need to AB again but I found the ON2 had the bigger bass. The ON2 are very forward sounding but I agree they are very musical.That's not to say the 1More isn't musical but I'd have more fun with the ON2 and a slightly more critical listen with the 1More (in comparison). It's a shame the Thinksound ON2 isn't more well known and recommended. A lot of serious Head-Fi'ers may have missed out on this gem.

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #600 of 1,579
That' funny you mention the NAD HP50 as I'm cuurently looking in to buying them next as can get a good deal. How would you compare the Hp50 with 1more?

I have them both but cannot compare sound at this time because I have not used the HP50 in ages. I do know that I enjoyed the sound very much however, I have extreme comfort issues with them. Too much clamp, weird pressure on one of the upper "corners" or my ears. I think I documented all of that in theHP50 thread. I have different pads on them now which helps slightly. They also had an annoying sound of plastic parts creaking which I fixed by opening them up and putting bits of electrical tape in strategic places....full disclosure... my husband did it for me but I found the online instructions and photos. Opening them is slightly scary because there is a risk of breaking some connections. I should get them down off the shelf. The 1more is just more effortless for me to enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back