1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jul 30, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #601 of 1,586
I have them both but cannot compare sound at this time because I have not used the HP50 in ages. I do know that I enjoyed the sound very much however, I have extreme comfort issues with them. Too much clamp, weird pressure on one of the upper "corners" or my ears. I think I documented all of that in theHP50 thread. I have different pads on them now which helps slightly. They also had an annoying sound of plastic parts creaking which I fixed by opening them up and putting bits of electrical tape in strategic places....full disclosure... my husband did it for me but I found the online instructions and photos. Opening them is slightly scary because there is a risk of breaking some connections. I should get them down off the shelf. The 1more is just more effortless for me to enjoy.

Yeah, I was checking out what you said on the HP50 thread about build. You're clearly not the only one. I'm just really curious with the 'room feel' tech

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #602 of 1,586
It's a shame the Thinksound ON2 isn't more well known and recommended. A lot of serious Head-Fi'ers may have missed out on this gem.

I haven't personally heard the ON2 but I've come close to purchasing them a few times (it's been on sale direct from them, Amazon, Massdrop...) When I've looked into them, I've actually never found a bad review, and every review I've seen speaks positively of them. For instance:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/thinksound-on1-on2-headphones

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #603 of 1,586
I haven't personally heard the ON2 but I've come close to purchasing them a few times (it's been on sale direct from them, Amazon, Massdrop...) When I've looked into them, I've actually never found a bad review, and every review I've seen speaks positively of them. For instance:

Yes, they're a beautifully made headphone, lovely wood finish. I was in the same boat, i had looked at them for a while but couldn't find a whole load of reviews, but those that i did read were so positive i thought they'd be paid to review them lol. Very unique sound, detail level really suits a wide range of music, especially acoustic, jazz, classical/big orchestra. They're my go to pair for going out in if I'm not in the mood for earphones. I got a decent price on Amazon Uk which I kept a close eye on for a while.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #604 of 1,586

Close enough review, I'd disagree that the soundstage is narrow and stays in the head... it has decent width imo

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #605 of 1,586
Yes, they're a beautifully made headphone, lovely wood finish. I was in the same boat, i had looked at them for a while but couldn't find a whole load of reviews, but those that i did read were so positive i thought they'd be paid to review them lol. Very unique sound, detail level really suits a wide range of music, especially acoustic, jazz, classical/big orchestra. They're my go to pair for going out in if I'm not in the mood for earphones. I got a decent price on Amazon Uk which I kept a close eye on for a while.

The On2 is the only on ear that I find comfortable.

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #606 of 1,586
That' funny you mention the NAD HP50 as I'm cuurently looking in to buying them next as can get a good deal. How would you compare the Hp50 with 1more?

The HP50 are just a little bit more comfortable to me (YMMV, since fit is personal). The HP50 seem to isolate a touch more, although I have not compared them side by side in that regard. However, the HP50 are darker in sound, and I much prefer the 1Mores sound signature. Nevertheless, I would describe them as of comparable audio quality in class. One person could just as easily prefer the sound signature of one over the other. Both are excellent for that $200 to $250 price range.

And of course, the HP50 do look goofy when you wear them in public. :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #607 of 1,586
Could anyone help me identify if I got the Graphene version headphones? I purchased the Silver model from Amazon, because of the information I've read on the internet, I assumed that all Silver's are Graphene. But on the back of the box it says that it has Titanium drivers. :triportsad:

The sound is quite clear and crisp up high, the lows are immersive, though not sure if a "realistic" representation, but fun nevertheless, mids however sometimes feel a bit too lacking. Coming from MSR7's.

Jul 30, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #608 of 1,586
Could anyone help me identify if I got the Graphene version headphones? I purchased the Silver model from Amazon, because of the information I've read on the internet, I assumed that all Silver's are Graphene. But on the back of the box it says that it has Titanium drivers. :triportsad:

The sound is quite clear and crisp up high, the lows are immersive, though not sure if a "realistic" representation, but fun nevertheless, mids however sometimes feel a bit too lacking. Coming from MSR7's.

All the silvers are graphene. Somewhere in the thread it was mentioned that the boxes have the wrong info.

The gold ones have titanium drivers. I have the gold version and am more than happy with them.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #610 of 1,586
All the silvers are graphene. Somewhere in the thread it was mentioned that the boxes have the wrong info.

The gold ones have titanium drivers. I have the gold version and am more than happy with them.

correct the box is wrong. if they are silver they are graphene

Oh, okay. That's a relief. Thanks!
Even if it is not graphene driver, they sound very nice, especially for the material quality and the price I paid. And they come with a nice case.
No other non-Chinese or even Chinese brand offers this much stuff with a high quality execution, that I know of...
Fiio is my IEM, now 1More is my home on-ear. RIP non-asian China importer businessmen.

I have grown to prefer more bright headphones, but these move into the fun zone without being too much artificial sounding.
Of course from audiophile/studio perspective they might be more artificial sounding than they seem to me.

Aug 3, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #611 of 1,586
It has arrived!

t3jMKJK.png

Aug 3, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #612 of 1,586
Some initial impressions...

The soundstage and imaging and resolution of the ceramic tweeter is its strongest capabilities.

The soundstage is pretty oval shaped, definitely more wide than deep, in comparison the M-Audio Q40 is like the opposite, a bit more narrow but very deep again with lots of center focus so it's an interesting contrast, I feel there's not that much of a center focus, it's more of a speaker-like stereo presentation due to how wide it is on the 1More TDOEH. Ideally I'd want perhaps slightly more depth for better balance between width and depth but yea it's not too bad though. Imaging wise this is probably the strongest point of this headphone, it has an unprecedented capability (to be a closed on-ear headphone but it does a good job at its price vs other types too) of put different instruments in space and with superb separation, like every sound is so well percieved in the mix, the Q40 for example can't separate instruments as well but I still consider it decent and it has a very musical sound again meanwhile 1More TDOEH impresses on a technical standpoint, you start more paying attention to details in music. A good example here is Johnny Cash's "Hurt" where the guitar, piano and vocals are always so wonderfully separated at all times.

The resolution of high frequencies right off the bat is very impressive, I don't feel this is a brighter headphone than Q40 with how I added slightly more depth to stock pads of M-Audio Q40 by adding a layer of kitchen towel paper beneath the pads which brings the highs out which I feel balances out the overall warmth of Q40 to be a bass focused with punchy bass but otherwise very balanced sounding headphone. But the 1More is probably like slightly harsher around certain frequencies and Q40 remains very "soft" in how it presents the highs even if the mod brings out the highs more (sometimes I always appriciated that I typically only experience with open-back headphones). The 1More has slightly bit more resolution to the highs though but it does it in a way that keeps 99% of the time without giving annoying sibilance, it's right there on the border where it should be.

The mids I'm slightly less impressed compared to the highs of the tweeter, balance-wise they are pretty fine but I feel there's slight lack of organic feel and there isn't as much resolution going on here as what comes from the treble in the ceramic tweeter but very good for the price still. I feel it's very much in balance with highs though so that's good. I might ever so slightly overall prefer mids of Q40 which has a very sweet romantic mids that is lush and captivating and it somehow engages you into the music better but it could be due to the fact the Q40's soundstage is a bit more "in-your-face" sounding and the 1More ever so slightly more laid-back/distant with a bigger stereo image separation.

The bass is pretty different compared to Q40, the 1More is like slightly more subbass focused and Q40 in comparison has slightly more midbass presence making it more punchy and impactful especially when comparing modern EDM music. Both headphones do bass extremely well in terms of texture (Sony MDR-1A was a joke in comparison with a very boomy textureless subbass note), I find the Q40 does that perhaps slightly better but it also has more punch and weight/impact to it, you feel the beats in eletronic dance music better. But the Q40 is probably has the most textured and punchy bass in a closed headphone you'll find anywhere the price range I'd imagine. The Q40 on the DigiZoid ZO amp whit 16 different bass level settings I prefer the middle "8" whereas the 1More I think sits at 12 or so where both headphones provide the ideal impact vs quality ratio for respective headphones, Q40 still deliver a better feel the bass sensation (think how you feel the drums standing close to a drumset, the initial slam is felt more). But it comes quite close with the different settings on the amp though and even at the lvl "12" it remains free from muddying up mids, it just provides more slam to the bass while keeping a nice texture still and I like how it sounds in pretty much all genres with those settings.

The comfort seems pretty good, I quickly tested swapping around L & R and swapped cables around but I'd say I slightly prefer it the standard way around as far as sound goes, not a huge difference but I feel there's ever so slightly more crispiness to it and to me it works better for me/this headphone. Maybe pads get slightly sweaty but they don't feel very hot though after use, have had a lot worse pads in that regard. Clamp is pretty average, I'm the person who prefers a bit tighter clamp to ensure best possible isolation & bass impact and for this headphone it doesn't seem like pressing on the cups cause better isolation or impact so I suppose the sealing is good which is a good thing for my tastes.

Initial impressions are pretty nice and they definitely are a good sounding headphone at its price range, it can be that the bass isn't quuite where I wanted it to be, I was hoping for a bit more feel-the-bass sensation to truly satisfy my Hardstyle music listening needs, this is the sort of headphone I rather go to listen to some acoustic music instead and listen to how nice separation going on. Probably will keep this headphone even if it didn't get that much use or if I only started listening to specific music / non-bass centric music on it because I feel it's pretty special with it's triple driver config and the interesting design I quite like.

EDIT: Also gotta say the impressions just unboxing this thing were very good, the headphone certainly is boxed like a much expensier headphone so kudos for that to 1More team.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #613 of 1,586
Started toying around with EQ that I tend to do quite quickly before I've grown too attached with the new headphone's default sound, this brings the punchiness and midrange about 10~15% forward which makes it work a lot better for me when listening to any electronic dance music especially, now it starts being a coin-toss almost whether or not I prefer listening to electronic music with the TDOEH or Q40.

t0DHIXh.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #614 of 1,586
Started toying around with EQ that I tend to do quite quickly before I've grown too attached with the new headphone's default sound, this brings the punchiness and midrange about 10~15% forward which makes it work a lot better for me when listening to any electronic dance music especially, now it starts being a coin-toss almost whether or not I prefer listening to electronic music with the TDOEH or Q40.

I'm happy with the TDOEH's stock sound, but I wanted to try your EQ settings on my windows PC while streaming Frisky Radio trance. Of course, I couldn't do that through your foobar2000 laidback config (yes, I still used that!), so I hooked up the Radsone Earstudio ES100 bluetooth receiver dac/amp to my laptop (as a usb dac), and was able to EQ via the Radsone phone app (cool little gizmo). Those settings are fairly subtle for me, but I'll play around some more.

I see that the Peace equalizer is a universal equalizer that I could use on my windows laptop, correct? I presume you like it?

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #615 of 1,586
I'm happy with the TDOEH's stock sound, but I wanted to try your EQ settings on my windows PC while streaming Frisky Radio trance. Of course, I couldn't do that through your foobar2000 laidback config (yes, I still used that!), so I hooked up the Radsone Earstudio ES100 bluetooth receiver dac/amp to my laptop (as a usb dac), and was able to EQ via the Radsone phone app (cool little gizmo). Those settings are fairly subtle for me, but I'll play around some more.

I see that the Peace equalizer is a universal equalizer that I could use on my windows laptop, correct? I presume you like it?

Yeah, Equalizer APO is systemwide and Peace is the GUI I also use to control it, I use it at my work computer occasionally to EQ Spotify.

I think it’s pretty popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back