1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Aug 17, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #631 of 1,567
Got an email this morning from 1MORE -- their current "back to school" promotion / sale that has the Triple Driver Over Ears on sale at $179.99 ($249.99 normal price), code OVEREAR, ends 08/24 (next Friday).

As luck would have it, my headphone trade-ins arrived at 1MORE this past Monday, 08/13, but the gentleman who handles that emailed me and told me he is in China at HQ all week this week and he'll get back with me next week... so I think I may be able to squeak in and use my store credit in time for the sale which ends in a week. Glory be! :D I've coveted these cans for a while now.....

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #632 of 1,567
Got an email this morning from 1MORE -- their current "back to school" promotion / sale that has the Triple Driver Over Ears on sale at $179.99 ($249.99 normal price), code OVEREAR, ends 08/24 (next Friday).

As luck would have it, my headphone trade-ins arrived at 1MORE this past Monday, 08/13, but the gentleman who handles that emailed me and told me he is in China at HQ all week this week and he'll get back with me next week... so I think I may be able to squeak in and use my store credit in time for the sale which ends in a week. Glory be! :D I've coveted these cans for a while now.....

Sounds great! Can’t wait for you to finally get your pair.

Also, if he’s in China at HQ, perhaps he can bring back a few pairs of the earpad mounting rings with him!

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #633 of 1,567
Sounds great! Can’t wait for you to finally get your pair.

Also, if he’s in China at HQ, perhaps he can bring back a few pairs of the earpad mounting rings with him!

I take it @waynes world has still not been able to get any mounting rings?

The fellow I've had email exchanges with has the title of "Marketing Manager", so I'm not sure if he would have any pull on getting mounting rings? :sweat_smile:

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #634 of 1,567

The fellow I've had email exchanges with has the title of "Marketing Manager", so I'm not sure if he would have any pull on getting mounting rings? :sweat_smile:

Not yet. But I know the main reason cited was that the rings are “in China”. Well, there is someone in China as we speak!

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #635 of 1,567

No luck yet. I initially was trading emails with someone from sales@1moreusa.com. He also was heading to HQ in China and tried to bring back some mounting rings, but he wasn't able to track any down. I then PM'd @AudiophileAri, and he/she asked me to contact info@1moreusa.com. I did so, and he said that the parts are at the HQ in China and he couldn't help me. He suggested I contact 1moreservice@1more.com because they have the parts and can provide an estimate for them (and shipping). I am awaiting feedback from them. Fingers crossed!

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #636 of 1,567
No luck yet. I initially was trading emails with someone from sales@1moreusa.com. He also was heading to HQ in China and tried to bring back some mounting rings, but he wasn't able to track any down. I then PM'd @AudiophileAri, and he/she asked me to contact info@1moreusa.com. I did so, and he said that the parts are at the HQ in China and he couldn't help me. He suggested I contact 1moreservice@1more.com because they have the parts and can provide an estimate for them (and shipping). I am awaiting feedback from them. Fingers crossed!

Well, it would be wasteful and expensive for every one of us to pay for individual shipping from China. One person could have 10 sets sent (or brought home in a suitcase), then distributed from there.

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #638 of 1,567

I think it's probably too late for my correspondent in China to do anything, but I emailed him and asked him anyway. :). He may already in fact be on his way back, I'm not sure.

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #639 of 1,567
Well, it would be wasteful and expensive for every one of us to pay for individual shipping from China. One person could have 10 sets sent (or brought home in a suitcase), then distributed from there.

I just sent another email with the following:

"Btw, there are a few other people on head-fi that are also wanting to get
a pair of the plastic mounting rings, so possibly a batch of 10 pairs or
so could be sent/sold to one of us to save on shipping."

Aug 21, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #640 of 1,567
Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of portable headphones with fun V-shaped sound, and after reading this thread I think 1More H1707 could be an option... Could anybody please compare it's sound signature to Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (bass, mids and highs extendion, quality and quantity)? I own the DT770 Pro 80 Ohms and really like their sound, but I need something portable that I could take in my backpack to the office.

I'd also like to know what's the hard case size and if you would spend 20€ more in the silver version (the official disitributor in my country sells the gold version for 200€ and I can get the silver version on Amazon for 220€).

And sorry for the offtopic, but what other portable headphones (that can still be bought new) would you recommend me with a sound similar to DT770 Pro (maybe V-Moda Crossfade M-100 or XS?)

Edit: I will use a FiiO X3 II as source for them and I'll mainly listen uplifting trance and fast EDM (happy hardcore, hardcore and handsup)

Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #641 of 1,567
It has been several years since I listened to the DT770, but I remember them being bassier than the H1707. I could be wrong.

I have the Sony MDR-1a, which has a bassier sound than the H1707 and might be better suited to your tastes if you are a bit of a basshead. They come with a soft bag. I think the H1707 is a better sounding headphone overall, but I like the Sony MDR1a for its current price of £118.95 in the UK if you can get if from there or for similar price: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-1AS-Prestige-Overhead-Headphones-Silver/dp/B00N3WWG36/

Aug 21, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #642 of 1,567
Thanks,

I've seen a video of the Sony MDR-1a and it only folds flat, so it seems it would be more difficult to carry, but yes they are cheap (138€ in black color, silver 169€). In comparison V-Moda M-100 is 177€ and XS 144€

More than basshead, I'm V-shaped head... Yes I like deep powerfull bass but without crispy cristall clear highs there's nothing to do, for example I bought JVC HA-FX102-B iems because I read great thing about their bass in this forum, but when I listened to them I didn't like their sound at all, they were muddy and completely veiled with no highs nor detail.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #643 of 1,567
Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of portable headphones with fun V-shaped sound, and after reading this thread I think 1More H1707 could be an option... Could anybody please compare it's sound signature to Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (bass, mids and highs extendion, quality and quantity)? I own the DT770 Pro 80 Ohms and really like their sound, but I need something portable that I could take in my backpack to the office.

I'd also like to know what's the hard case size and if you would spend 20€ more in the silver version (the official disitributor in my country sells the gold version for 200€ and I can get the silver version on Amazon for 220€).

And sorry for the offtopic, but what other portable headphones (that can still be bought new) would you recommend me with a sound similar to DT770 Pro (maybe V-Moda Crossfade M-100 or XS?)

Edit: I will use a FiiO X3 II as source for them and I'll mainly listen uplifting trance and fast EDM (happy hardcore, hardcore and handsup)

Thanks

Maybe have a look at the Audio Technica MSR7? I own a pair of these and they might be what you're looking for. For me the 1More H1707 is great for EDM, only one very very minor thing is the bass could be a bit tighter.

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #644 of 1,567
Thanks, I'll have a look at them, but form first sight it seems they have the same problem as the MDR-1a recommended by cel4145: they don't fold to much as I would like, but regarding the sound maybe it's what I'm looking for, have you ever compared to the DT770?

EDIT:

I've looked at Innerfidelity graphs and apart from the dip DT770 (600 Ohms) has arround 80Hz, bass response seems very similar to H1707, but highs are completely different, while DT770 has plenty of them, H1707 seems shy in that sense, will I miss the nice highs (to my taste) of DT770 if I buy the H1707?

• DT770:
upload_2018-8-22_12-44-18.png

• H1707:
upload_2018-8-22_12-45-17.png

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #645 of 1,567
I agree. MDR-1a requires a bigger case than the H1707.

If you want a headphone that folds better for portability, then check out the NAD HP50. It comes with a padded softshell case that takes up less room in my bag than my H1707 does in the hardshell case I found that fits the H1707:
nad-viso-hp50-headphone-12.jpg

(not my photo)

The MSR7 doesn't seem a good choice to you if you were drawn to a headphone with bass emphasis like the DT707. The MSR7 is a somewhat bright headphone with bass that tends toward being a neutral or a bit light. See Innerfidelity's review.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back