1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jul 7, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #556 of 1,586
the beats dont look as bad as i remember. my biggest thought was with my long hair and double sided tape that could get to be a pain pretty fast lol. i play in a band and still keep the hair long haha. not rain man at all just dont want something that looks like it was stuck together if you know what i mean and def dont want any exposed tape. damn those 90mm rounds look great to bad they change the sound so much. i still would like to get it replaced though being it is a defect,

There is no exposed 3M tape. It all sticks to the stock mounting ring. It's actually what maintains the proper airtight seal of the Beats pad. Long hair is not an issue.

I showed my brother, whom I gifted to the gold pair to for his birthday, my Beats-modded silver pair. After carefully looking them over, he thought they came that way stock (including the modded grilles). He in no way thought they looked 'stuck together' like some bric a brac MacGyver hacked together.

Besides, I'm an anal retentive perfectionist. There would in no way be double sided tape and globby glue showing on any of my mods; I just wouldn't stand for it.

In fact, I even went back and painted my modded grilles so they matched the gunmetal color of the body. I was bothered that the polished stainless grilles didn't perfectly match the color of the 1More shells. I also built some modded IEMs for @mbwilson111. Part of the mod was covering a vent hole with a tiny piece of micropore tape. However, since the IEM body was black, I colored the piece of white tape with a back Sharpie so you couldn't even see it (white tape on a black IEM = blech). That's how anal I am. I guess I am OCD afterall LOL.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #557 of 1,586
nice i may go this way. if you can figure out who you got decent ones from lmk. glad to know someone else is as anal retentive as i am hahaha. i do have a couple pairs of m50x cans laying around somewhere that are basically brand new i may yank a pair from one of those to test out also though those tend to be on the thinner side.

Jul 7, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #558 of 1,586
nice i may go this way. if you can figure out who you got decent ones from lmk. glad to know someone else is as anal retentive as i am hahaha. i do have a couple pairs of m50x cans laying around somewhere that are basically brand new i may yank a pair from one of those to test out also though those tend to be on the thinner side.

Lemme ask you this - are you fine with the size and shape of the stock pads? If so, then keep the stock pads as 1More designed them.

I couldn't, because they were too small for my ears. And they were shallow and the tweeters were rubbing my ears and making me feel like punting the 1Mores off a cliff. So it wasn't really an option for me; the stock pads had to go. I'm in love with them now though.

But others aren't bothered by the stock pads at all. It's all very individualized - anatomy and head size/shape and whatnot. Just like clamp pressure - a headphone might be perfect for 95% of people and too tight for some.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #560 of 1,586
yeah i can def feel the tweeter and im just not a fan of anything sitting on my ear.

Same here.

As far as the tweeter, you can try reversing them, as that alleviates the pressure (just make sure you swap the cables so the channels are proper). It only takes a second, is totally reversible, and is something easy to try.

In regards to the ear touching, you're best option would be the Beats pads then. If only 1More had gone with 90mm pads, or else ovals.

I had the same problem with my 1More MK801. Pad too small and wanted to throw them off a cliff after 5 minutes of wearing them. I ended up putting HM5 pads on, and they are freaking awesome sauce now. Great headphones, now made even better by more comfortable pads that make me want to use them vs dreading using them.

The cool thing about the MK801 is the HM5 pads fit OVER the stock pads, and they look like they could have some that way stock:

IMG-1867.JPG

they are prob the most comfortable on ear ive used though.

True dat.

BTW, I was just jamming to some techmaster peb the other week. Back in the day that was THE stuff. I had it on cassette, and we would all pass it around the parking lot testing our systems. Also loved me some Dynamix/Dynamix II. Machine Language is still one of my favorite albums when I'm in a basshead sorta mood.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #561 of 1,586
wonder if there are any decent 90mm round pads i could wrap over the ring and stick down same as factory ones are that are not monster thick so they dont become bass cannons. im a pretty good modder when i want to be lol. i used to own a car audio shop and ive modded almost anything you can think of. hmmm

reg techmaster peb hes actually a really nice guy and still making music. his studio is right near me. you would prob never believe it if i described him lol haha.

edit:
@Slater do you think a 90mm round fit over the plastic ring would change the sound drastically if they were not as thick as the ones you tried? i found a 90mm sheepskin that are reasonably thick but not like the ones you posted those are super thick, just wondering what you think, id love to be able to mount that way, thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #563 of 1,586
wonder if there are any decent 90mm round pads i could wrap over the ring and stick down same as factory ones are that are not monster thick so they dont become bass cannons. im a pretty good modder when i want to be lol. i used to own a car audio shop and ive modded almost anything you can think of. hmmm

reg techmaster peb hes actually a really nice guy and still making music. his studio is right near me. you would prob never believe it if i described him lol haha.

edit:
@Slater do you think a 90mm round fit over the plastic ring would change the sound drastically if they were not as thick as the ones you tried? i found a 90mm sheepskin that are reasonably thick but not like the ones you posted those are super thick, just wondering what you think, id love to be able to mount that way, thanks!

Sure, I think it would totally work. For a round pad, 90mm is the ideal size.

I tried a much thinner 90mm pad that would have worked, and it had close to stock sound to boot. The only reason I didn't go with it was the ID was really small (defeating the purpose of what I was trying to fix in the 1st place).

DSCN0043.JPG

If I could go to an earpad factory, I could try 150 different pads and guarantee you I could find one that works way better than even the Beats pads. But I can't just buy a million pads just to end up not using 99% of them. So during all of my testing, I tried to use everything I already had on hand or could borrow from other headphones.

I should just custom make my own pad. I have plenty of sheepskin, and I am a wizard at sewing. Hmmm...

Attachments

• DSCN0042.JPG
    DSCN0042.JPG
    302.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #565 of 1,586
If you aren't OCD of looks/how it's done, I suppose you can also avoid the tweeter pushing on the ear by putting something underneath the pads or? I did that to my M-Audio Q40 due to how shallow the stock pads are and in the process it ever so slightly balances the frequency response out as well (in my testing more distance between the driver & ear typically results in a more V-shape transformation to the sound) and a slight improvement to soundstaging.

Thanks for sharing your experience with both Silvers & Gold Th3Drizzl3. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer the Silvers now, I'm the kind of person more picky about slight differences to sound due to my mastering hobby have trained my ears to pick up subtle nuances in sound so I think I'm more bothered by the slight differences to sound than the average joe as a result (I'm very picky about sound changes when swapping pads too so).

The prob is that the Gold ones are very cheap on amazon.co.uk right now tho at £139 or $185 USD compared to the £220 / $290 USD Silvers. Anyways I'm waiting for both Audeze Mobius and ORA GrapheneQ headphones so I might just delay testing the 1More for a while but I'm pretty curious though about the 1More no doubt.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #566 of 1,586
If you aren't OCD of looks/how it's done, I suppose you can also avoid the tweeter pushing on the ear by putting something underneath the pads or?

There’s already a thick foam pad covering the tweeters. That’s what presses on the ear.

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #568 of 1,586
these have became one of my go to more portable sets. they isolate really well both ways which i need especially while working. i can NOT use open backs at work. and while they really like power i can drive them reasonably off my phone. they are a fun set to listen to. ive been taking the gold ones with me as they seem a bit more efficient off lower power to me. i tested the silver ones off my a100 with the jumpers bypassed and while i couldnt get very high on the knob they loved the extra headroom for sure. if anyone does this be careful i can see that amp tearing them up if driven to high with the jumpers bypassed.

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #569 of 1,586
Only played with the H1707 Gold for a few hours but i must say I'm super impressed so far as it sounds great. Comfy too, even though quite warm... equally down to how clammy it is in Glasgow right now. I've small ears so they just reach around them (mostly)

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #570 of 1,586
Only played with the H1707 Gold for a few hours but i must say I'm super impressed so far as it sounds great. Comfy too, even though quite warm... equally down to how clammy it is in Glasgow right now. I've small ears so they just reach around them (mostly)

Not as warm as here! Impossible to wear headphones at the moment. Around 90F for days and days. No rain for weeks and weeks. I thought I left the nasty summer heat behind when I left Michigan.

Glasgow... envious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back