1964 Ears
Sep 7, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #4,171 of 7,417
Planning on getting new cables soon as my cable has already turn green just shortly after a month of having my Quads. Anyone can recommend me one ? I was thinking of something from plussound audio or Toxic cables.

Sep 7, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #4,172 of 7,417
Anyone who has chosen USPS EMS international shipping, prepare to be pleasantly surprised with how quickly you receive them. Mine were posted on Friday (US time), I received them midday Tuesday Australian time (Monday evening US time), wasn't expecting them until Thursday or Friday based on estimates given the shipping method. I'm not sure choosing the DHL option would have been any quicker in my case at least.

Did you go through Acustoms or direct through 1964 Ears?

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #4,174 of 7,417
I paid for rush order and usd45 for international postage (Singapore) took them the 5 days to process my order from when they received my impressions. FedEx picked them up fri US time and Frdex are saying expected delivery Monday SG time

Happy to post my thoughts but don't know if it will be worth much. The V6 stage are my first customs and my first high end IEMs ... I'm coming from shure 215s ( was about to buy 535 ltd) but last minute went the 1964s

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #4,175 of 7,417
I paid for rush order and usd45 for international postage (Singapore) took them the 5 days to process my order from when they received my impressions. FedEx picked them up fri US time and Frdex are saying expected delivery Monday SG time

Happy to post my thoughts but don't know if it will be worth much. The V6 stage are my first customs and my first high end IEMs ... I'm coming from shure 215s ( was about to buy 535 ltd) but last minute went the 1964s

I also brought se215 and used it less than a month before getting v6s! Im from singapore too but my fedex cost is 50:frowning2:
So it only take 5 days for them to come up with the customs after they receive your impressions and 3 days to ship from US to singapore?

How is the fit and the sound quality improvement from 215? Im listening from spotify:frowning2:

edited. read wrongly and realised you have not receive your custom yet!

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #4,176 of 7,417
I also brought se215 and used it less than a month before getting v6s! Im from singapore too but my fedex cost is 50:frowning2:
So it only take 5 days for them to come up with the customs after they receive your impressions and 3 days to ship from US to singapore?

How is the fit and the sound quality improvement from 215? Im listening from spotify:frowning2:

edited. read wrongly and realised you have not receive your custom yet!

Totally different league from the se215.
The se215 will feel recessed and muddy in every way.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #4,177 of 7,417

hi there. i am from singapore too and is also planning to get my first ever ciem. so may i ask u the step by step guide to ordering from 1964ears. before submitting my order do i need to go to a polyclinic and get a ear impression for them first?

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #4,178 of 7,417

hi there. i am from singapore too and is also planning to get my first ever ciem. so may i ask u the step by step guide to ordering from 1964ears. before submitting my order do i need to go to a polyclinic and get a ear impression for them first?

dude. polyclinic is not the place. in Singapore - digisound, the hearing cetre, or if you are rich go to a ENT doctor. These are the places to get ear impression done.

just complete the order form, put it with the ear imoression and ship it off to the usa. it's pretty much the same for all ciem. :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #4,179 of 7,417
dude. polyclinic is not the place. in Singapore - digisound, the hearing cetre, or if you are rich go to a ENT doctor. These are the places to get ear impression done.

just complete the order form, put it with the ear imoression and ship it off to the usa. it's pretty much the same for all ciem. :)

In short, they're called audiologist :) :D

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #4,180 of 7,417

1964 ears recommends emailing them photos of your impressions before sending them. I would as well, it's good to know that the impressions you are sending them are correctly done. If for some reason the impressions are not good enough it would be better to find out before you have wasted time and money on shipping.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #4,181 of 7,417

Yes the guys are right...

Place order online
Get ear impressions done at Digisound ( i went to novena)
Post pics to 1964 of them
Get feedback from 1964
Post ear impressions 
Wait...
Receive new 1964s

I placed my order on Aug 17.

My first set of impressions i had done at the orchard outlet. 1964 said get another one done, so this time i went to Digisound at Novena who did another 2 sets for me (no extra cost). I ended up doing sending 3 sets to 1964 just to be safe.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #4,182 of 7,417
Anybody do self impressions using a kit?

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #4,185 of 7,417
  Anybody do self impressions using a kit?

I've done it a couple of times to make generic ear molds for various earbuds. I forgot who offered this service. I think it was $100, and you tell them the diameter bore you want on the outside of the molds. They worked pretty well with a pair of Etymotics I had, but as others have said, if you're going to spend all the money on a set of CIEMS, spend a bit more and have audiologist quality impressions.

I went to my local audiologist, and it was $40. When he found out my dad was a long time customer, he knocked the price in half for me! Another benefit is that before making the impressions, he cleaned a bunch of ear wax from my canals. That's not something you get when you do them yourself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back