1964 Ears
Jun 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #2,521 of 7,417
Not crappy at all congrats.

I'm actually wondering what type of phone it is.

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2,523 of 7,417
I got my triples for over a week now and have also some fitting issues.I have the hard acrylic ones.
Right is a bit to loose and left to tight.Just a tad.I am used to silicone soundplugs,so I guess I am a bit spoiled.
I will contact them this weekend and ask them what to do.
Guess sending them back...

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #2,524 of 7,417
Are there anyone using 3rd party cables such as TWAg and Silver Dragon with their quads? I am currently looking at the Whiplash TWSPC and Moon Audio Silver Dragon as these are within my budget. However, if TWAg offers better performance than these two, I may be willing to stretch the budget.

Jun 16, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #2,526 of 7,417

Quote:
Are there anyone using 3rd party cables such as TWAg and Silver Dragon with their quads? I am currently looking at the Whiplash TWSPC and Moon Audio Silver Dragon as these are within my budget. However, if TWAg offers better performance than these two, I may be willing to stretch the budget.

Some have but they never reported back on it improved or didn't improve the sound.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #2,530 of 7,417

Quote:

Cables are a very iffy matter here on Head-Fi. Some are skeptics, while others are believers; It's a pretty grey area.

There are a handful of people around my workplace who do use aftermarket upgraded cables such as the whiplash twag and the lune audio series; I have tried them briefly and I guess there is a difference to an extent. There is some improvement in clarity, and bass extension, but is it worth the extra $300? That's for you to decide.

In MY OPINION... $300 is a lot for my 'untrained ears'; I could buy another pair of IEMs with that money. Frankly I am quite satisfied with what I have, and dont see the need to improve. Maybe because I'm more of a pseudo-hobbyist, rather than a hardcore head-fier or professional musician; I honestly don't find the need to acquire upgraded cables. However maybe when money is available and when one of my cables break, I may take the plunge to buy a upgrade cable.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #2,531 of 7,417

Quote:
Cables are a very iffy matter here on Head-Fi. Some are skeptics, while others are believers; It's a pretty grey area.

There are a handful of people around my workplace who do use aftermarket upgraded cables such as the whiplash twag and the lune audio series; I have tried them briefly and I guess there is a difference to an extent. There is some improvement in clarity, and bass extension, but is it worth the extra $300? That's for you to decide.

In MY OPINION... $300 is a lot for my 'untrained ears'; I could buy another pair of IEMs with that money. Frankly I am quite satisfied with what I have, and dont see the need to improve. Maybe because I'm more of a pseudo-hobbyist, rather than a hardcore head-fier or professional musician; I honestly don't find the need to acquire upgraded cables. However maybe when money is available and when one of my cables break, I may take the plunge to buy a upgrade cable.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. With regards to whether the different cables make a difference, I will say I am willing to spend up to 300SGD to find that out. It is also to replace the cable that came with the quads. It had turned completely green and looks really dirty. Not looking into changing source, earphones or adding amp to my current setup so that leaves cables. 

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #2,532 of 7,417

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your opinion. With regards to whether the different cables make a difference, I will say I am willing to spend up to 300SGD to find that out. It is also to replace the cable that came with the quads. It had turned completely green and looks really dirty. Not looking into changing source, earphones or adding amp to my current setup so that leaves cables. 

There is a seller on ebay who is based in Singapore who sells aftermarket cables for a pretty decent price (effect.2010). You might want to check it out, he's pretty responsive over the eBay messaging system/email.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #2,533 of 7,417
So... 1964 Ears no longer does the large weave carbon fiber anymore due to difficulties. Kind of sucks since I kind of wanted a matching set when the 1964-V6 comes out. Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for a different design.

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #2,534 of 7,417

Quote:
Almost immediately upon putting in the 1964s, they felt uncomfortable -- especially the left ear, which also didn't really seal properly. It's hard for me to describe the exact sensation, except to say it feels a little like there's something pushing out on the inside of my ear, which seems weird because the lack of seal also makes it feel like there's extra space in there.

I recently sent mine in for a refit as well. From pictures I've seen and what I've read I think 1964 Eears likes to make the ear canals longer than most other manufacturers. Purely speculation but mine were certainly much longer than many pictures I've seen. The seal was good in the left ear but not so good in the right - which also felt like it was pushing on the inside of my ear. I'll keep my fingers crosses for the re-fit. Nothing major but hopefully some small tweaks will help. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back