1964 Ears
Nov 17, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #151 of 7,417
If 1964 Ears can pull off value custom prices, good sound and build quality, plus reasonable turn-around and customer service, then they will be a winner.

I might get either the quads or trips plus custom eartips for my mtp coppers and still pay a little more than half of what I would for jh13s.

It's like everything livewires should have been.

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #152 of 7,417
A sub-$300 custom dual with a touch of fun would be highly desirable for me.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #153 of 7,417
Seems kind of odd that they open up shop, but have no type of reviews available.  How do they expect to get customers without graphs and reviews??

Why would I choose 1964 over another custom shop if not only for the prices??

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #154 of 7,417
Well they are getting reviews shortly and what customs company do you know of provides frequency graphs on their website?

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #155 of 7,417
Sounds like he already has customers and is being smart about slow growth. The last place I want to see reviews about a product is their own web site. IEM graphs are all over the map depending on method and weighting. I think the lack of samples is more of a problem for any IEM maker but you'd need a local dealer.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #156 of 7,417
I was thinking more reviews in general and not on the website. I will agree that reviews on website are things I never look at for obvious reasons. Once some reviews on them are out here I'll make a decision.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #158 of 7,417
Reviews are coming really soon. I guess it's precisely because they're a brand new company that there aren't many people who have used their products, therefore, the lack of reviews. 

I've placed an order for the Quads myself and the Triples for my wife. Our ear impressions are stuck at the US customs, but Vitaliy has been really kind to call them on our behalf to get things sorted. 

We'll definitely post our honest thoughts here and on our website once we've spent sufficient time with them. I'm picking up my Westone ES5s tmr morning too, so it'll be an interesting comparison for us. 

As of now, I'll just say the service and response of 1964 ears has been top notch - that's already a very good start!

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #159 of 7,417
I know who you were replying to ;p Eric is the perfect guinea pig for me so in a couple weeks hopefully some impressions :)

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #160 of 7,417
An es5 vs 1964 quad will be a very cool review to read!

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #161 of 7,417
Well this might be the thread that has me cancel my order on my Em3 pro's. I want to get customs and get a pair of cans( LCD-2) at the same time but not sure if i want to spend $2200 on 2 pairs of phones at this point. I am really looking forward to a review of these customs and how they compare to other high end customs.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #162 of 7,417
Update to anyone looking- The sale will extend until June-July 2011 so you have plenty of time..

For casual/home listening I don't know why you would buy the triples over the duals. They both feature the same two-way crossover with no significant difference in sound. Treble is the same for all three models but the only significant difference is the Quad's extra mid range driver. Buy the triples over the duals if you're a performer but for home listening save your money for the duals.

Will be purchasing the duals and should get them in 2-3 weeks, review pending.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #163 of 7,417

Quote:
Update to anyone looking- The sale will extend until June-July 2011 so you have plenty of time..

For casual/home listening I don't know why you would buy the triples over the duals. They both feature the same two-way crossover with no significant difference in sound. Treble is the same for all three models but the only significant difference is the Quad's extra mid range driver. Buy the triples over the duals if you're a performer but for home listening save your money for the duals.

HOLY COW!!!  Till the summer?  That's generous.  More than plenty of time for reviews and discussions.

As for the bit about the duals, triples and quads.  It's still a debate raging in my mind at the moment.  That's what's holding my hand from placing an order immediately--that and the lack of time to see an audiologist.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #164 of 7,417
Nov 17, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #165 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

HOLY COW!!!  Till the summer?  That's generous.  More than plenty of time for reviews and discussions.

As for the bit about the duals, triples and quads.  It's still a debate raging in my mind at the moment.  That's what's holding my hand from placing an order immediately--that and the lack of time to see an audiologist.

Get the duals over the triples if you aren't a performer. Don't consider the singles unless you only listen to classical music. Purchase the quads if you want more soundstage, imaging, mid-range, and "low-end"

Yeah June 1st, 2011 is when the sale ends. There should be plenty of reviews by then. But it truly doesn't matter to me because if the company is not even hesitant to provide the frequency response and is looking forward to reviews then it says a lot about their integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back