1964 Ears
Nov 10, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #61 of 7,417

Quote:
I can't believe their duals are comparable to the Ue5
and triples with jh7
If that's a valid claim there's going to be no hesitation to buy all three. duals, triples, and quads

It says ue7 on your post. Was that a mistake?

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #62 of 7,417
If the quads are for bass lovers then it's perfect for you eric. It probably isn't for me unless I want a different sound signature to my fairly neutral customs already.

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #63 of 7,417

Quote:
If the quads are for bass lovers then it's perfect for you eric. It probably isn't for me unless I want a different sound signature to my fairly neutral customs already.

I have to say the ES5 w/ 2 highs, 2 mids and a single large bass driver sounds like a convincing arrangement I would love to see duplicated at some point.

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #64 of 7,417

So true @  rawrster. I will be in customs earphone heaven soon (hopefully)
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #66 of 7,417
Talking BA you are corrrect. The two biggest suppliers are Knowles and Sonion. Most use Knowles. However that doesn't mean one manufacturer using the same as another is the same. They can be ordered to spec by a manufacturer and they can be implemented differently. The same driver won't mean they sound the same.

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #69 of 7,417
I think somewhere on this or another 1964ears thread the owner of the company said that they use some Westone parts. So who knows if they use other parts from some mainstream custom manufacturers. 

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #70 of 7,417
$500 for quads is an amazing deal, especially if they can actually compare to the UE11.

Staying tuned for sure.
popcorn.gif

I wonder if Westone would be willing to give me their impressions they took of my ears for free at RMAF so I could give them to 1964...

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #72 of 7,417
Nov 12, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #73 of 7,417
Wow I couldn't decide to buy custom IEM's at a better time!

for anyone who cares, I asked them on their fb page what company of drivers they use and if other big name companies like Westone and UE use the same type and they said
" We use Sonion and Knowles driverss. Yes, most of the big-name companies use those same manufactuers."

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #74 of 7,417

Quote:
Wow I couldn't decide to buy custom IEM's at a better time!

for anyone who cares, I asked them on their fb page what company of drivers they use and if other big name companies like Westone and UE use the same type and they said
" We use Sonion and Knowles driverss. Yes, most of the big-name companies use those same manufactuers."

well, even though they may use the same model of drivers, the sound can be different still. they need to tune the drivers and the crossover circuit will also affect the sound. one should try as many brands as possible to see which "house sound" they prefer. 1964 ears remind me of alienears. they may turn out the same way or hopefully, 1964 ears wont go down the dark path unlike alienears whose service standards has dropped. lolz :D

Nov 12, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #75 of 7,417
Hello Head-Fi(ers)
I wanted to personally apologize if we overlooked any emails from some of you. We have had a large volume of mail come in during the past couple of weeks due to the release of the new model. Please know that we are working tirelessly on delivering the best products and are excited to share them with you. Your questions are more than welcome, and we will do our best to give you prompt and honest answers.

Vitaliy Belo, CTO, 1964 Ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back