1964 Ears
Oct 27, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #16 of 7,417
I personally wouldn't buy something from a company that has pretty much no feedback yet... but go for it because I'm curious to hear! but then again I kinda wanted to hear a comparison to like a JH or Westone product. Which model you going to get Ronald?

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #17 of 7,417
I'll go for one of this if their dual or triple driver offerings can rival the JH5, UE4 or ES2. Wonder what the sound sig is like, from what i read about the livewires and UM customs, their sound sig doesn't appeal to me.

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #18 of 7,417

Quote:
I personally wouldn't buy something from a company that has pretty much no feedback yet... but go for it because I'm curious to hear! but then again I kinda wanted to hear a comparison to like a JH or Westone product. Which model you going to get Ronald?

no idea yet, thinking of the triple or the quad one. I am listening more of classical and jazz music, thus not such which one. You?

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #20 of 7,417
well, I'm going to be mostly listening to music as opposed to preforming live so im assuming the 2's have extra mids as they say vocalists and guitarists like them, the 3's will have extra bass because they say drummers and bass players will like them... so as long as the quad driver is the most balanced one probably the quad. But then again, I need to hear some feedback on this product first.

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #22 of 7,417

Quote:
quite tempted to get this custom since the price is lower that the JH which is sound alomost similar to it! Review soon!

what do you mean>? "which is sound alomost similar to it?"

how do you know how it sounds if you haven't reviewed it.

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #23 of 7,417
ehhh, what i meant is there is I read in these thread that someone said it sound similar to the JH? It was stated somewhere in the earlier post.

Found it!

[size=medium]

Quote:
I have been looking at investing in a pair of customs for some time now. During my review hunt, these popped up from a comment someone posted about their top of the line sounding as good as the JH13's (from a pcmag review). Quite a bold statement; but it peaks my interest, considering their top of the line quad driver goes for $550 
ksc75smile.gif

Website
Facebook page (lots of pics)

Any thoughts or experiences?

​
[/size]

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #24 of 7,417
I believe aleki was talking about this post:

Source

But that means nothing, it could be someone from 1964 trying to promote their products.

However if it turns out these are really good, JH Audio are going to wish they never sent their JH13 to a website that has no clue about sound 
etysmile.gif

Quote:
ehhh, what i meant is there is I read in these thread that someone said it sound similar to the JH? It was stated somewhere in the earlier post.

Found it!

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #25 of 7,417
Actually, PCmag does very nice reviews of IEMs complete with graphs etc. Pretty harsh comment as i'm sure you haven't researched their reviews. The mag is in no way responsable for the comment and it does not represent their point of view. It was posted just like your's is here and should hold about as much weight. Making good transducers is 1/2 science and 1/2 art. Voicing and design of these products go well beyond the sum of their parts.

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #26 of 7,417
Firstly, it was from Maximum PC, and secondly I was quoting a funny comment. So better read fully and carefully before responding.

Quote:
Actually, PCmag does very nice reviews of IEMs complete with graphs etc. Pretty harsh comment as i'm sure you haven't researched their reviews. The mag is in no way responsable for the comment and it does not represent their point of view. It was posted just like your's is here and should hold about as much weight. Making good transducers is 1/2 science and 1/2 art. Voicing and design of these products go well beyond the sum of their parts.

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #27 of 7,417

Quote:
Firstly, it was from Maximum PC, and secondly I was quoting a funny comment. So better read fully and carefully before responding.

Good to know and I did read carefully. Italicizing is not quoting so no way to know intent and that quote is no where else in this thread so no way to assume it one. PCmag.com (Only one mentioned in thread) is the web site associated to PC magazine. Pretty hard not to come to my apperantly mistaken conclusion.
I guess we agree it was poor form then. Just not yours.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #28 of 7,417
That comment made does sound like it could be from a shill for sure but could also be legit... hmm! exciting news to hear how these things are I guess!

Oct 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #29 of 7,417
Hello all. New to the custom IEM market and have been researching the past week or so. Googled and found the usual suspects..UE, Alien Ears, Westone, JH, etc. It wasn't until yesterday that I stubbled across 1964 custom in ears. The main atraction was their location (the second was price..on sale at $500 with free custom color). I'm about 15 miles outside of Portland, OR and really like the idea of having physical access to the company I buy them from. I've read that most problems result from a poor fit and shipping back and forth to get it right. Now, with that said, most of the discussions and technical terms used about headphone sound leave me feeling like I'm at the United Nations without a headset..I will simply use these with my ipod and maybe play acoustic guitar at a tavern or two. I'm not a sound expert. I spoke with the guy at 1964 (a different sounding name I can't remember) and he suggested the new unreleased 4 speaker version (big surprise). He took my name and number and says he'll contact in a week or two when they are officially released. Although I won't be much help for reviewing sound quality, I can tell you whether they fit property, how the transaction went and answer any other questions about the physical plant, etc. I plan to drop off my imprerssions and pick up and have them show me how to put them in when they're done. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #30 of 7,417
Thank you very much cynabel... can't wait to hear what you think!
I think for me I'll probably end up going with JH5's or Westone AC2's but I can't be too sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back