1964 Ears
Nov 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #31 of 7,417
I'll be going with the um mages or the jh-11/jh-13 or even the 1964 quad if it's as good as we hoped.

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #32 of 7,417
Great news! I will be reviewing the quad soon. So be patient fellas.
beerchug.gif

I also think I am going to let them change my SM3 into a custom.

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #33 of 7,417
I emailed them with a question about  their custom tips over a week ago and still no response. Don't think I'll be leaving any of my money with this company if that's any indication of their general responsiveness.

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #34 of 7,417
Have you tried calling them? I've found that some companies have worthless email support but decent phone support. Of course after around a week or so I'd expect a response by then.

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #35 of 7,417

Quote:
Hello all. New to the custom IEM market and have been researching the past week or so. Googled and found the usual suspects..UE, Alien Ears, Westone, JH, etc. It wasn't until yesterday that I stubbled across 1964 custom in ears. The main atraction was their location (the second was price..on sale at $500 with free custom color). I'm about 15 miles outside of Portland, OR and really like the idea of having physical access to the company I buy them from. I've read that most problems result from a poor fit and shipping back and forth to get it right. Now, with that said, most of the discussions and technical terms used about headphone sound leave me feeling like I'm at the United Nations without a headset..I will simply use these with my ipod and maybe play acoustic guitar at a tavern or two. I'm not a sound expert. I spoke with the guy at 1964 (a different sounding name I can't remember) and he suggested the new unreleased 4 speaker version (big surprise). He took my name and number and says he'll contact in a week or two when they are officially released. Although I won't be much help for reviewing sound quality, I can tell you whether they fit property, how the transaction went and answer any other questions about the physical plant, etc. I plan to drop off my imprerssions and pick up and have them show me how to put them in when they're done. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

As you probably already know--getting impressions done right from someone who really knows what they are doing is HUGE when it comes to customs.

Nov 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #37 of 7,417

Quote:
Great news! I will be reviewing the quad soon. So be patient fellas.
beerchug.gif

I also think I am going to let them change my SM3 into a custom.

thanks so much !!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #38 of 7,417
Ya... I asked them something on their FB page but it took a while to get back to me...

Nov 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #39 of 7,417

Quote:
Have you tried calling them? I've found that some companies have worthless email support but decent phone support. Of course after around a week or so I'd expect a response by then.

Yeah, it's been a week and a half now. If they can't be bothered to respond to a simple email, I really can't be bothered to make a phone call. Maybe if they were the last customs/reshelling company on earth I'd consider it but as it stands I'll just go with someone else.

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #40 of 7,417

Quote:

Yeah, it's been a week and a half now. If they can't be bothered to respond to a simple email, I really can't be bothered to make a phone call. Maybe if they were the last customs/reshelling company on earth I'd consider it but as it stands I'll just go with someone else.

They responded to my email immediately.

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #41 of 7,417
Nov 7, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #42 of 7,417
I'm surprised by ijoker's experience because they have been very responsive and friendly with me. But it's a young company, and we don't know what the staff looks like like compared to workload. I think they deserve a little patience.

So, I'm ordering the translucent black shells with the carbon black face. I will have the clear cable. These are going to be sick! Now we just need the sound to match the look. I've had extensive conversations with the owner about the sound and what his focus is. Don't want to say too much before the review, but it sounds (pun intended)  like to me he has a well thought out vision, and if he hits his mark, he will easily compete with other top custom iem makers.

Quote:
i checked out their facebook page and alot of the pics they posted look pretty sick imo

check it out for yourself: http://www.facebook.com/pages/1964-EARS/128535227179813

definitely worth investigating....

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #44 of 7,417

Quote:
So I'm assuming they reshell BA universals? any idea of how much they charge? Thanks in advance

No problem. It's like $169. If you get a detachable cable, however, it's like $30 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back