1964 Ears
Oct 8, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #7,216 of 7,417
Yes, the BTG Starlight cable is for CIEMs; I have one personally for my V6S. I prefer the stock cable though for the V6S - the Starlight sounds slightly more forward in signature than the stock cable. Currently looking for a new cable to replace the stock and BTG cable too.

I also have the V6 Stage (universal fit) and tried multiple upgrade cables on it...
The copper (brown one in the picture) Rhapsodio Panther MK2 is still one of my favorites on it so far

Great synergy imo
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #7,218 of 7,417
How does it sound with the Rhapsodio?

The sound with the RSD Panther imo becomes a bit smoother, but details are still there and I'm never bothered with sibilance (what I've read about in some reviews). I've had the Panther before, but when I sold it I missed it so much, that after a few months I ordered a new one
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #7,219 of 7,417
Thoughts on putting my A12's in the food dehydrator once a week to dry them out? I wear them 8+ hours everyday and already have a dehumidifier in the case with them but want to go a step further.  I've got one of those big ass food dehydrators with multiple vertical trays.

Oct 10, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #7,220 of 7,417
Thoughts on putting my A12's in the food dehydrator once a week to dry them out? I wear them 8+ hours everyday and already have a dehumidifier [COLOR=0066CC]in[/COLOR] the case with them but want to go a step further.  I've got one of those big ass food dehydrators with multiple vertical trays.

Depends on the temperature/exactly how it works.

Hearing aid dryers heat to 40-45°C & work by drawing in air from the outside, heating it which evaporates any moisture in the IEMs, and the temperature difference between outside/inside the device draws the warmer/moist air out.

Would I put mine in a food dehydrator ? No I wouldn't. Personally speaking, I'd spend (did spend) US$60 on a hearing aid dryer. It's served me well with both my V3's & V6S.

Edit - For clarity.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #7,221 of 7,417
Depends on the temperature/exactly how it works.

Hearing aid dryers heat to 40-45°C & work by drawing in air from the outside, heating it which evaporates any moisture in the IEMs, and the temperature difference between outside/inside the device draws the moist air out.

Would I put mine in a food dehydrator ? No I wouldn't. Personally speaking, I'd spend (did spend) US$60 on a hearing aid dryer. It's served me well with both my V3's & V6S.

+1. For $2k IEMs it is a worthwhile investment.

I chose this one as it doesn't require desiccant or any other consumables, http://www.amazon.com/Serene-Renew-Hearing-Dryer-Freshener

EDIT: review by average_joe http://www.head-fi.org/t/569243/serene-hearing-aid-custom-iem-dryer-and-freshener-review

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #7,222 of 7,417
Oct 19, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #7,228 of 7,417
Just randomly felt like dropping in and saying that my Qis continue to just shock and amaze me.  Even after having them for this long, I still listen to music with this sense of wonder and joy that I've never been able to say for headphones ever.

I can't even imagine how much better things can get this to.  Music just feels so good with these.

Anyone on the fence about customs vs. stock IEMs...if my experience is worth anything...CIEMs (or at least these CIEMS) are such a good investment.

I've always gotten hungry for new headphones anywhere from weeks to months after getting a new set, but with these I'm just in a constant state of happiness.

...a little gushy, but felt like sharing.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #7,229 of 7,417
Just randomly felt like dropping in and saying that my Qis continue to just shock and amaze me.  Even after having them for this long, I still listen to music with this sense of wonder and joy that I've never been able to say for headphones ever.

I can't even imagine how much better things can get this to.  Music just feels so good with these.

Anyone on the fence about customs vs. stock IEMs...if my experience is worth anything...CIEMs (or at least these CIEMS) are such a good investment.

I've always gotten hungry for new headphones anywhere from weeks to months after getting a new set, but with these I'm just in a constant state of happiness.

...a little gushy, but felt like sharing.
Good for you. I got my V6S's a couple months back and I'm already thinking about my next pair of customs :D

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #7,230 of 7,417
Been looking for a mid-fi CIEM and the V-series is looking pretty appealing. I haven't found any in-depth reviews or anything, but I'm definitely liking the Qi description. I'm in need of a fun, portable, and sound isolating little dude. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back