1964 Ears
Sep 18, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #7,186 of 7,417

Fit & SQ wise I wouldn't know, as I've never tried customs myself.

The main reason why I always chose universals (like my V6S) was that I could avoid the hassle of going to an audiologist and there's no risk of needing a reshell. The other reason is that (and I always see this in the HF classifieds) you loose a lot of $$$ on them (because the buyer needs to reshell) in case you want to sell it later on...
Gotta try a custom sometimes though, first have to decide on which brand/model
smily_headphones1.gif

If you have the $, go with what you believe is the very best at this time.  IMO it's better to have one TOTL ciem than spend money buying middle of the road ciems and feel like theres always something better out there.  Buy the best and be done with it, that's how I see it anyway.

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #7,187 of 7,417
  If you have the $, go with what you believe is the very best at this time.  IMO it's better to have one TOTL ciem than spend money buying middle of the road ciems and feel like theres always something better out there.  Buy the best and be done with it, that's how I see it anyway.

Exactly why I'm waiting till I'm completely sure what totl iem comes closest to my personal preferences.
This is why I also keep checking threads like ''Fit for a Bat''
rolleyes.gif

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #7,188 of 7,417

Regardless of what you buy there is always going to be something better. Buy what you can afford/want/need and be happy. That being said I got the V3's and was gutted that the ADEL series was announced half-way through the build of my V3. Otherwise I would have saved up more $!

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #7,190 of 7,417

Exactly why I'm waiting till I'm completely sure what totl iem comes closest to my personal preferences.
This is why I also keep checking threads like ''Fit for a Bat''
rolleyes.gif

Here some pics to show just how deep the 64 audio A12's go:

Also a glory pic:

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #7,191 of 7,417
  Regardless of what you buy there is always going to be something better. Buy what you can afford/want/need and be happy. That being said I got the V3's and was gutted that the ADEL series was announced half-way through the build of my V3. Otherwise I would have saved up more $!

sucks. i'll be content with my A12's for many years.  The only thing that would make me want to buy another would be if spiral ears implemented ADEL.  The lack of fatigue is amazing, I can tell a big difference if I put in my other iems then go back to adel.  Don't think i'll ever go back to anything without an ADEL module in it, also I listen at very low volumes now(and it still sounds just as loud) so that whole damaging your hearing thing really isn't an issue for me anymore(I listen all day everyday at work). 

Also don't forget that with the ADEL module, 64 audio will be releasing various modules that alter the sound including an adjustable one, so it's like buying one CIEM and getting many.

Sep 18, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #7,192 of 7,417

sucks. i'll be content with my A12's for many years.  The only thing that would make me want to buy another would be if spiral ears implemented ADEL.  The lack of fatigue is amazing, I can tell a big difference if I put in my other iems then go back to adel.  Don't think i'll ever go back to anything without an ADEL module in it, also I listen at very low volumes now(and it still sounds just as loud) so that whole damaging your hearing thing really isn't an issue for me anymore(I listen all day everyday at work). 

Also don't forget that with the ADEL module, 64 audio will be releasing various modules that alter the sound including an adjustable one, so it's like buying one CIEM and getting many.

i've been told that the adjustable adel isn't going to have an effect on sq just ambient noise 

Sep 18, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #7,197 of 7,417
Thank you for the answer. I've never owned a pair of CIEM before and wanted to confirm before my refit window closed.

Our left and right ears are anatomically different from one another, so that's quite normal. There's only a problem if the fitting/seal is loose/comfortable/etc.

Sep 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #7,200 of 7,417
  I'm disappointed that you can only get the shell in clear or black. Probably the only company I know that doesn't offer options 

Ultimate Ears is the same - most of the companies that are using the 3D printing process are going that way - so they aren't alone on an island.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back