1964 Ears
Sep 18, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #7,202 of 7,417
I think that right now, 64 Audio is trying to streamline the transition to 3D printing by cutting back on options.  They also have all the kickstarter orders that need to be fulfilled.  I'm sure once they get accustomed to the new process they will start offering more options.

Sep 18, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #7,203 of 7,417
I was really disappointed as when I made the order through my dealer, colour options were available. But by the time 64Audio received my impressions they said it has to be clear shell or black shell.

I was 90% close to cancelling my entire order, but didn't. 

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with what I got, but I could be happier.

Sep 21, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #7,207 of 7,417

A good match (nice pic!) for the eyes => also for the ears?
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #7,208 of 7,417
   A good match (nice pic!) for the eyes => also for the ears?
wink.gif

Not too bad, you can check my review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/aune-x1s-32bit-384khz-dsd-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/14058

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #7,209 of 7,417
Received my V6S's a couple of days ago, and as I am typing this post I am still letting the fact of how good it is sink in (I didn't expect it to be that good; I already thought my ASG-2.5's were really good). I have to say it pairs really well with the DX90.
Bass quality and quantity is superb - it's tight, full of impact and they never interfere with the mids. 
The mids are just mind blowing! I can easily hear tons of details in vocals that I had to focus really hard using my ASG-2.5 to pick out, and the mids are simply alluring.
The highs, although I wish there could be a bit more, are well controlled, and almost never exhibit sibilance IMO.
Soundstaging is really impressive. Although the soundstage is not massive by any means, depth reproduction, width and imaging are superb.
They are only a 100SGD more expensive than the ASG-2.5's but IMO they're clearly a level up.

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #7,210 of 7,417
  Received my V6S's a couple of days ago, and as I am typing this post I am still letting the fact of how good it is sink in (I didn't expect it to be that good; I already thought my ASG-2.5's were really good). I have to say it pairs really well with the DX90.
Bass quality and quantity is superb - it's tight, full of impact and they never interfere with the mids. 
The mids are just mind blowing! I can easily hear tons of details in vocals that I had to focus really hard using my ASG-2.5 to pick out, and the mids are simply alluring.
The highs, although I wish there could be a bit more, are well controlled, and almost never exhibit sibilance IMO.
Soundstaging is really impressive. Although the soundstage is not massive by any means, depth reproduction, width and imaging are superb.
They are only a 100SGD more expensive than the ASG-2.5's but IMO they're clearly a level up.

congratz on ur new V6s

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #7,211 of 7,417
  I was really disappointed as when I made the order through my dealer, colour options were available. But by the time 64Audio received my impressions they said it has to be clear shell or black shell.

I was 90% close to cancelling my entire order, but didn't. 

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with what I got, but I could be happier.

I found a new band that blew my freakin mind.  It's sludge/doom metal and it's some of the heaviest I've ever heard.  Love how the bass comes through clearly.  The guitars are way down-tuned, one of the hallmarks of doom metal: "tune low, play slow".  The vocal style is unique.  The band is called beastwars.  I think you may be collecting some more merch...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-twENDrwkk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcgKuGPB1a0  
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQgaaNJhOE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4kuN1A5KcA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlo9DvZPkY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYdVepNibuk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1quY0llXTk

The album art is freakin sick as well, hat's off to Nick Keller:

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #7,212 of 7,417
Hey all. I have an aging quad driver, their first one. And I finally need to have the cable replaced. I've never looked into aftermarket cables before. A quick Google and head-fi came up with BTG Audio and I think their Starlight cable is for CIEM? I saw this exhaustive thread on aftermarket cables http://www.head-fi.org/t/633501/aftermarket-iem-cable-list-now-more-visually-stimulating but honestly none of the products mean anything to me.

Can you recommend something? Do they really affect sound quality? I only have the 1964 stock cable to go by.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #7,214 of 7,417
Hey all. I have an aging quad driver, their first one. And I finally need to have the cable replaced. I've never looked into aftermarket cables before. A quick Google and head-fi came up with BTG Audio and I think their Starlight cable is for CIEM? I saw this exhaustive thread on aftermarket cables http://www.head-fi.org/t/633501/aftermarket-iem-cable-list-now-more-visually-stimulating but honestly none of the products mean anything to me.

Can you recommend something? Do they really affect sound quality? I only have the 1964 stock cable to go by.

Yes, the BTG Starlight cable is for CIEMs; I have one personally for my V6S. I prefer the stock cable though for the V6S - the Starlight sounds slightly more forward in signature than the stock cable. Currently looking for a new cable to replace the stock and BTG cable too.

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #7,215 of 7,417

Yes, the BTG Starlight cable is for CIEMs; I have one personally for my V6S. I prefer the stock cable though for the V6S - the Starlight sounds slightly more forward in signature than the stock cable. Currently looking for a new cable to replace the stock and BTG cable too.

Thanks that's good to know. Have you had any success narrowing down the choices of cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back