1964 Ears
Sep 17, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #7,171 of 7,417
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

I think its available on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. All 3 will work.

I wonder why :p

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #7,175 of 7,417
Well after two months I finally got my V8's. A couple of weeks ago when the website changed and they started branding themselves as 64 Audio I asked that they use the new logo. Because they hadn't started the build they said yes. Well they showed up with the old logo. After I called they offered a return shipping label to change the logo. I have two questions. Would you return them to get the requested logo? My second question is related to a large air bubble. Is this normal? Should I ask about it? Over all the sound is great. I really like how they seal in the ear.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #7,177 of 7,417
If you prefer the new logo you absolutely should send it back in to get what you want (and they offered).  I personally like the new logo, it feels like a cleaner font (though bigger in size)

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #7,179 of 7,417
It wouldn't really bother me to be honest, but if it bothers you then ask them in a polite way that it bothers you and if they can do something about it.  I don't think there is anything in writing that says they have to fix something like that, but they do have an RMA request service on their site so anything's possible.  In any case, it can't hurt to ask.  

If i can ask, though, how does it feel?  I've never had a CIEM but i read that the 1964s don't go into your ear as deep as other CIEMs, which is something that interests me.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #7,180 of 7,417
It wouldn't really bother me to be honest, but if it bothers you then ask them in a polite way that it bothers you and if they can do something about it.  I don't think there is anything in writing that says they have to fix something like that, but they do have an RMA request service on their site so anything's possible.  In any case, it can't hurt to ask.  

If i can ask, though, how does it feel?  I've never had a CIEM but i read that the 1964s don't go into your ear as deep as other CIEMs, which is something that interests me.

Thank you for your input. This is my first pair so I can't really compare. They go in farther than my Shure SE846 and my Westone UM2's. They feel good, my ears aren't used to them so they where a little sore after a few hours of use. They are going back tomorrow for the logo swap.

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #7,181 of 7,417
Thank you for your input. This is my first pair so I can't really compare. They go in farther than my Shure SE846 and my Westone UM2's. They feel good, my ears aren't used to them so they where a little sore after a few hours of use. They are going back tomorrow for the logo swap.

It takes a little to get used to a custom fit. I used Westones and Shures for years and thought they offered the best fit for universals, specially the Westones. I then went custom and I struggled with some soreness initially and then I got used to them and now they fit amazing. Now I received my 1964 U8s and no longer like the universal fit anymore and am looking for better tips. Once you go custom, there is no going back. 

Sep 18, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #7,183 of 7,417
  Once you go custom, there is no going back. 

Agreed! With universals, my jaw clicks if I eat something with them in. I can also hear my breathing really easily. Customs seem to eliminate that. The only downside to a custom I've found is that they make squishy noises when you turn your head far. It's really not that bad though.

Sep 18, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #7,184 of 7,417

Once you go custom, there is no going back. 

Agreed! With universals, my jaw clicks if I eat something with them in. I can also hear my breathing really easily. Customs seem to eliminate that. The only downside to a custom I've found is that they make squishy noises when you turn your head far. It's really not that bad though.

Fit & SQ wise I wouldn't know, as I've never tried customs myself.

The main reason why I always chose universals (like my V6S) was that I could avoid the hassle of going to an audiologist and there's no risk of needing a reshell. The other reason is that (and I always see this in the HF classifieds) you loose a lot of $$$ on them (because the buyer needs to reshell) in case you want to sell it later on...
Gotta try a custom sometimes though, first have to decide on which brand/model
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #7,185 of 7,417

The A12's go deeper than most other CIEMs IMO.  However, the new A-series units are 3D printed so I cannot compare them to the non 3D printed V series.  I can tell you the fit is exceptionally comfortable, they completely disappear in my ears, only the music remains.  I am very impressed.  Mine also has bubbles but they don't affect the sound or fit, it's purely cosmetic and I expected to see them since I went with all clear everything.  A12's > all other CIEMs(at this time IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back