1964 Ears
Dec 17, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #6,331 of 7,417
Has anyone compared the 8A and 8C?

Also Joker mentioned 8A with port closed... It sounded like with it open, it sounded entirely different. Interesting!

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #6,333 of 7,417
Disaster! Got my impressions done today (felt weird) and sent off pictures to 1964 Ears.

Got a reply stating there's a void in the left ear cavity! Have to get them redone, but don't know when I can! Have to call the audiologist tomorrow to see about getting the left done again!

More waiting :frowning2:

EDIT: But I have at least paid for my V8's! Didn't save an image of them before I submitted the order though, rookie mistake. They're gonna look sweet, 2 of my favourite Rush albums on both Faceplates. Hemispheres and Permanent Waves. Translucent Blue to match Hemispheres and Smoke to match Permanent Waves!

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #6,334 of 7,417
  Disaster! Got my impressions done today (felt weird) and sent off pictures to 1964 Ears.

Got a reply stating there's a void in the left ear cavity! Have to get them redone, but don't know when I can! Have to call the audiologist tomorrow to see about getting the left done again!

EDIT: But I have at least paid for my V8's! Didn't save an image of them before I submitted the order though, rookie mistake. They're gonna look sweet, 2 of my favourite Rush albums on both Faceplates. Hemispheres and Permanent Waves. Translucent Blue to match Hemispheres and Smoke to match Permanent Waves!

Pictures when you get them will do :)

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #6,335 of 7,417

It took me six trips to 3 different audiologists before I got an acceptable set of impressions. I guess CIEMs are such a small fraction of clients needing impressions they can't be arsed to take the time to do them properly. Anyway, I've found that it's best to go in with a sample photo of 'good' impressions and not leave until the audiologist delivers.

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #6,336 of 7,417

From one Rush fan to another - BRAVO, GOOD SIR!!!  BRAVO!!!

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #6,338 of 7,417
Ordered my V6S yesterday and mailed the impressions in. This waiting is going to kill me haha. I also didn't save a photo but just went with the translucent red. Some my saying boring but I enjoy the simplicity and red is my favorite color. I find the recent comment about audiologists interesting. I live in NYC and actually rather nervous about the process. I was surprised when every office I emailed for prices acted pretty familiar with the requirements. I settled on a place New York Hearing Center here in Manhattan. They charged $80 for the set but also clearly stated they guaranteed their impressions so if for some reason they get rejected or if you need new impressions for a refit they will do them free of charge. When I went in the office manager asked if I was getting UE or 1964 Ears. I asked how she guessed and she said they have been getting lots of 1964 Ears recently.  They were checking into seeing if they could get a contract to sell them in the office. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #6,339 of 7,417
  Ordered my V6S yesterday and mailed the impressions in. This waiting is going to kill me haha. I also didn't save a photo but just went with the translucent red. Some my saying boring but I enjoy the simplicity and red is my favorite color. I find the recent comment about audiologists interesting. I live in NYC and actually rather nervous about the process. I was surprised when every office I emailed for prices acted pretty familiar with the requirements. I settled on a place New York Hearing Center here in Manhattan. They charged $80 for the set but also clearly stated they guaranteed their impressions so if for some reason they get rejected or if you need new impressions for a refit they will do them free of charge. When I went in the office manager asked if I was getting UE or 1964 Ears. I asked how she guessed and she said they have been getting lots of 1964 Ears recently.  They were checking into seeing if they could get a contract to sell them in the office. 

Here's some translucent red to tide you over - 
wink_face.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #6,341 of 7,417
Does anybody know of someone that makes a cord  compatible with 1964 ears that also has an inline mic and volume control for my iPhone? I know its horrible to think of me pairing my CIEMs with an apple product I know I am going to do it so might as well make it as convenient for me as possible. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #6,343 of 7,417
Does anybody know of someone that makes a cord  compatible with 1964 ears that also has an inline mic and volume control for my iPhone? I know its horrible to think of me pairing my CIEMs with an apple product I know I am going to do it so might as well make it as convenient for me as possible. 

Wow!! Your timing is impeccable. I wanted the same thing and just ordered this last night. I think it will do what we are looking for.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000V8RCTS/ref=pe_386430_30332290_TE_3p_dp_1

Cheers

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #6,344 of 7,417
Wohoo my V8 is shipped and will be delivered on the 23rd. Can't wait to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back