1964 Ears
Dec 19, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #6,346 of 7,417
When were your impressions received? What was your turn around time like? They should receive my impressions Saturday or Monday wondering if my wait will be closer to 4 or 8 weeks.

I live in victoria, canada.

Ordered Black Friday V6s.
Impressions were received by 1964 on dec 2
Just received them from fed/ex in hand, this afternoon (dec 19)

Turn around from purchase to "in ear " was exactly 3 weeks. To Canada.

And for those Canadians who are interested taxes and duty cost was only $24!!

It's shaping up to be a great Xmas.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #6,348 of 7,417
Mine is universal model so no need impression. I put the order on Nov.28.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #6,349 of 7,417

Congrats! That is SUPER fast! Crossing my fingers they are still keeping up. I ordered the V6S as well. Not an audiophile just enjoy nice headphones. These are replacing my Bose MiE2 so I expect to be blown away. Enjoy!

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #6,350 of 7,417

Do post impressions. The V6S are my personal favourite in their price bracket, and definitely the best when considering value for money. I think you'll love them!

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #6,351 of 7,417
Do post impressions. The V6S are my personal favourite in their price bracket, and definitely the best when considering value for money. I think you'll love them!

Well. They are comfortable and there does not seem to be any fit issues. Excellent craftsmanship.

I have only been able to listen for about 1 hour. But Initial impression is they are much "darker" than I expected. More than enough bass for my liking. From what I have read, I would have found the V8 too bass heavy. I'm hoping they open up a bit.

I'm coming from Westone 2 and re262.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #6,353 of 7,417
Well. They are comfortable and there does not seem to be any fit issues. Excellent craftsmanship.

I have only been able to listen for about 1 hour. But Initial impression is they are much "darker" than I expected. More than enough bass for my liking. From what I have read, I would have found the V8 too bass heavy. I'm hoping they open up a bit.

I haven't heard the Westone 2, but I have many of hifimans products. I think their signature is a lot flatter- but in my personal experience a flat sound tends to lack bass impact. I love the clarity and neutrality of a flat signature, however, and so Im always on the lookout for a phone with good bass impact without warmth.

Give it some time, do some brain burn-in, and you'll start to appreciate the bass impact, that is a bit different from darkness or warmth :)

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #6,354 of 7,417
What kind of music do you listen too.

It's all over the Map. I switched from Celtic to Rush to musical theatre to Dubstep to classical. Lol. Just testing different genres I listen too.

Also listening off the fiio X5 with no EQ. The bass is very prominent. Treble not so much. Which is giving a darker than usual presentation. Doesn't seemed balanced. So far. Still have to get some head burn in. Will listen more over the weekend and post any difference.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #6,355 of 7,417
I haven't heard the Westone 2, but I have many of hifimans products. I think their signature is a lot flatter- but in my personal experience a flat sound tends to lack bass impact. I love the clarity and neutrality of a flat signature, however, and so Im always on the lookout for a phone with good bass impact without warmth.

Give it some time, do some brain burn-in, and you'll start to appreciate the bass impact, that is a bit different from darkness or warmth :)

I agree I may be a "flat head". Lol. Seriously my cans are sony MDR-7502. Doesn't get much flatter than that. And my mixing near fields are calibrated to be flat.

I do sing (silicone tips) and hope the sound presents accurately enough for on stage monitoring. For me.

I am keeping an open mind and trying to embrace the warmth! :wink:

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #6,356 of 7,417
I agree I may be a "flat head". Lol. Seriously my cans are sony MDR-7502. Doesn't get much flatter than that. And my mixing near fields are calibrated to be flat.

I do sing (silicone tips) and hope the sound presents accurately enough for on stage monitoring. For me.

I am keeping an open mind and trying to embrace the warmth! :wink:

I also like flatness. My hifiman he6 and my hifiman re600 are still two of my favorites. The former especially is my reference for everything.

But the he6 also has good hard hitting bass that extends deep, without sounding warm. IMHO good bass doesn't have to add warmth.

Anyway yes give it some time, you may or may not start to enjoy the extra impact and extension of the lows. Try to focus on the mids and the highs as you listen- you'll find that they're still there, as clear as ever, especially on the v6s. You just need to get used to the new sound signature.

The first iem that made me go through this was the shure se846. When I first got it, all I heard was bass. Then overtime, I got used to it, and started hearing everything else. There's a group of us over at the se846 thread wondering if we're all actually closet bassheads now :)

Fwiw, I also found the v8 way too warm for my preferences.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #6,357 of 7,417
Mine is universal model so no need impression. I put the order on Nov.28.

Universal V8, right? Let us know how you like it!

V6S dark? I listened to the 1964 lineup recently and definitely wouldn't consider V6S dark - and this is after being accustomed to TPEOS Altone200, which are considered bright.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #6,358 of 7,417
Universal V8, right? Let us know how you like it!
V6S dark? I listened to the 1964 lineup recently and definitely wouldn't consider V6S dark - and this is after being accustomed to TPEOS Altone200, which are considered bright.

Well give it some time :) when you're used to a flat signature, the first thing that stands out is bass. Over time your brain gets used to it, and you start realizing bass is not the same as warmth.

Also if you've heard the v8 as a contrast, you'll understand this principle far quicker. I don't think he has had a chance to try the v8 though...

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #6,359 of 7,417
Well give it some time :) when you're used to a flat signature, the first thing that stands out is bass. Over time your brain gets used to it, and you start realizing bass is not the same as warmth.

Also if you've heard the v8 as a contrast, you'll understand this principle far quicker. I don't think he has had a chance to try the v8 though...

I guess so. V6S has good, tight bass + nice, detailed upper mids & lower treble - not dark.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #6,360 of 7,417
I also just got zero audio carbo basso and this iem has some bass. It is punchy yet has deep rumble just like subwoofer do. Will be interesting to compare it to V8. I also has V6S and jh roxanne, will be pretty busy doing comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back