1964 Ears
Dec 20, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #6,362 of 7,417
The basso can play a deeper bass than the V6S. I tried the song from interstellar movie and the part when the ship try to dock, it has a deep organ sound and the basso did it so well just like in the IMAX theater, while the V6S didn't rumble as hard. The V6S walks over the basso in pretty much everything else except the bass.

Ps: the name of the song is "No Time for Caution" by Hans Zimmer.

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #6,363 of 7,417
The basso can play a deeper bass than the V6S. I tried the song from interstellar movie and the part when the ship try to dock, it has a deep organ sound and the basso did it so well just like in the IMAX theater, while the V6S didn't rumble as hard. The V6S walks over the basso in pretty much everything else except the bass.

Ps: the name of the song is "No Time for Caution" by Hans Zimmer.

I don't see that track name listed in the copy I have O_o .. I think you have the wrong title tbh

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #6,364 of 7,417
It's bonus soundtrack.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=85C-IAoL-nA

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #6,365 of 7,417
That Hans Zimmer song sounded absolutely amazing from my Apple Earpods. I'm thinking about completely cancelling my order for the U8s now....

Anyway, what I was actually going to ask is how the V8 compares to the...nah I'm kidding.
Something which I'm sure has been covered here, but I HAVE searched - audio quality. For a product like the V6S or V8, what would you consider a bare minimum audio quality. Is there a better format in terms of aac, mp3 etc, and bit rate- where's the sweet spot between not actually hearing any difference? 
And yes, I KNOW in an ideal world I'd have a library of original source FLACs or AIFFS, but my HTC M8 can only hold 55GBs roughly, and I have a WIDE varity of music, so I need to be looking at compressed formats wherever possible....
On the other hand, I'd like a few albums uncompressed (the particularly detailed ones previously mentioned) - I assume even the HORRIBLY muddy V8s will benefit from that? XP But I've heard that quite a few flacs are actually just user made from MP3s, so is there a good method of knowing if this has happened?

Some quick notes to cover myself for this question:
1) I've already bought (yes, paid for!) digital copies of all of my music, and subscribed to iTunes Match and Spotify premium, and a lot of the original CDs for some of my stuff isn't even buyable, so that's not an option - any suggested sources would be welcome. 
2) I'm sure there's a thread here discussing this, but it may make a difference in light of the U8s that will be arriving for me next year (these are $800 iems, not $8000, so I suspect there's appoint where bitrate etc just becomes an issue of diminishing returns). 
3) My audio source will be my HTC On M8, I can't afford a good DAC and I have it on wide opinion that as mobile devices go, I won't notice any difference because the internal dac of the M8 is one of the best around for a mobile device... although if that's not true I'd also like to know. 

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #6,366 of 7,417
I think I've seen a universal version of V6-Stage here. Can you guys take a picture wearing it? Would love to know how it fits (or have an idea how it fits).

Comparison with other IEMs is appreciated also.

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #6,367 of 7,417
  That Hans Zimmer song sounded absolutely amazing from my Apple Earpods. I'm thinking about completely cancelling my order for the U8s now....

Anyway, what I was actually going to ask is how the V8 compares to the...nah I'm kidding.
Something which I'm sure has been covered here, but I HAVE searched - audio quality. For a product like the V6S or V8, what would you consider a bare minimum audio quality. Is there a better format in terms of aac, mp3 etc, and bit rate- where's the sweet spot between not actually hearing any difference? 
And yes, I KNOW in an ideal world I'd have a library of original source FLACs or AIFFS, but my HTC M8 can only hold 55GBs roughly, and I have a WIDE varity of music, so I need to be looking at compressed formats wherever possible....
On the other hand, I'd like a few albums uncompressed (the particularly detailed ones previously mentioned) - I assume even the HORRIBLY muddy V8s will benefit from that? XP But I've heard that quite a few flacs are actually just user made from MP3s, so is there a good method of knowing if this has happened?

1) I've already bought (yes, paid for!) digital copies of all of my music, and subscribed to iTunes Match and Spotify premium, and a lot of the original CDs for some of my stuff isn't even buyable, so that's not an option - any suggested sources would be welcome. 
2) I'm sure there's a thread here discussing this, but it may make a difference in light of the U8s that will be arriving for me next year (these are $800 iems, not $8000, so I suspect there's appoint where bitrate etc just becomes an issue of diminishing returns). 
3) My audio source will be my HTC On M8, I can't afford a good DAC and I have it on wide opinion that as mobile devices go, I won't notice any difference because the internal dac of the M8 is one of the best around for a mobile device... although if that's not true I'd also like to know. 

I think you are in the wrong thread. There are many threads about DAPs, AMPs, and audio quality seems like they would be of more help to you there. 

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #6,370 of 7,417
You're right, that is 'all you said', and it was literally 100% unhelpful, especially when I'd given reasons for asking in this thread, not to mention the bit where I've said 'I've already searched'.
My suggestion would politely be to at the very least supply a link to one of the fabulous links you've mentioned...

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #6,371 of 7,417

My suggestion is to grab a 128gb microsd and use it with your phone to see if you'll be happy without an extra thing to carry. if you end up buying one, you can use that same exact microsd for a future dac/amp. I'd say if you're going compressed, bare minimum should be 320kbps - not because I think songs will sound bad, but lossless to 256kbps might start to show deterioration of SQ. To determine if a lossless file is an upscaled mp3, get into spectral analysis

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #6,372 of 7,417
  I think I've seen a universal version of V6-Stage here. Can you guys take a picture wearing it? Would love to know how it fits (or have an idea how it fits).

Comparison with other IEMs is appreciated also.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/ca/900x900px-LL-ca10a449_20140926_151741.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/22/900x900px-LL-225df4ad_20141006_214135.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/5/5c/900x900px-LL-5c0a0375_20140926_152359.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/ef/900x900px-LL-ef677f58_20140927_165212.jpeg (next to stagediver sd2)

credits to kerouac

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #6,373 of 7,417
Yep...I recognize that ear anytime, anywhere :wink:

@ronnel0918: here are 2 extra pics:

With most tips I had to push them back in a little about every 10 minutes to keep a good seal.
But with the bi-flanges (no clue which brand it is) I have a perfect fit/seal and I don't have that issue anymore.

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #6,374 of 7,417

http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/ca/900x900px-LL-ca10a449_20140926_151741.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/22/900x900px-LL-225df4ad_20141006_214135.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/5/5c/900x900px-LL-5c0a0375_20140926_152359.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/ef/900x900px-LL-ef677f58_20140927_165212.jpeg (next to stagediver sd2)

credits to kerouac

Yep...I recognize that ear anytime, anywhere :wink:

@ronnel0918: here are 2 extra pics:

With most tips I had to push them back in a little about every 10 minutes to keep a good seal.
But with the bi-flanges (no clue which brand it is) I have a perfect fit/seal and I don't have that issue anymore.

Thanks guys! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #6,375 of 7,417

A week ahead of schedule! What a great christmas gift! I was expecting to get my V6S around the end of the first week of January, but it looks like they may be here before the new year. Impressions coming soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back