1964 Ears
Dec 17, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #6,316 of 7,417
wohoo my V8 already at step 8. Can't wait to hear it.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #6,318 of 7,417

No @tmorterlaing, you should really, really, really order the V6S!!!!!
biggrin.gif

But hey, I've never heard the V8. I hope you can still sleep at night and that you're not staring at the ceiling all the time thinking about the V6S vs V8 dilemma

From all the bands mentioned above I also have The Orb, Shpongle, Radiohead, Gorillaz, Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine inch Nails, Amplifier (yes, great band indeed), Little Dragon, Tool and A Perfect Circle on my DAPs and it all sounds great to my ears with the V6S.

I chose the V6S mainly because of the soundstage and I just prefer to adjust some bass (by bass boost or eq) to the soundsignature when the music asks for it. I would not like it if it was there all the time. This is why I also chose the StageDiver SD2 over the SD3 in the past. No regrets till now...

ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
...and/or get me assassinated by @nmatheis
:D

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #6,319 of 7,417
  ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
...and/or get me assassinated by @nmatheis
:D

Also don't forget that you can reduce the bass by opening up the Adel port. Frankly if I were you I'd try to go for the A12- that sounds like what you REALLY want.

But if that's not possible for various reasons, I would stick with the V8. Sounds like you'll enjoy it. If you're not sure, get the universals- then you can sell them on easy.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #6,320 of 7,417

@Ivabign, which one did you think had a bigger soundstage again? And how big is the difference?

The V8 is more intimate - I don't find it veiled in the least - it is a bit smoother, but recessed? Uh - uh.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #6,321 of 7,417
  Also don't forget that you can reduce the bass by opening up the Adel port. Frankly if I were you I'd try to go for the A12- that sounds like what you REALLY want.

But if that's not possible for various reasons, I would stick with the V8. Sounds like you'll enjoy it. If you're not sure, get the universals- then you can sell them on easy.

Or you can be like me and go customs blindly! That being said I did extensive research and asked a billion questions before I ordered my V6 :D That being said I couldn't be happier with them. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #6,322 of 7,417

I still listen to some Debbie Gibson. I guess that's more old school. 
biggrin.gif

I listen to Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett - that's old school. Debbie Gibson is Junior High School - lol.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #6,323 of 7,417
Haha fair point although in my defence -

1) Whilst it is the same line of questions, it's aimed at different people (hence why I quote and don't just ask generally). I'm essentially doing a poll of opinions about a number of sound signature factors, and whist I understand that's not brilliant for anyone wanting to do general reading about 1964ears iems, it will definitely help extract more information for anyone in a similar dilemma. It comes from the position of having only about 3 reviews on the entire internet for the V8s, non of which make direct comparisons to other iems – I'm basically extracting reviews from everyone who has them haha! And I'm aware people here are being incredibly kind and patient with the amount of typing they're putting in my direction. if I could pay everyone back somehow, I would.... . 
2) I already said, access to them in the UK is pretty much impossible - and I'm not paying £35 just for a listen. 
3) It's for the U8 - the only reason I keep saying V8 is so people don't start to say 'no one has heard the U8. And because it's for the U8 if I cancel this order I'll probably miss out on one of the biggest discounts anyone can get from 1964Ears :D

None of this would've happened if a certain pair of U8s weren't bloody broken moments before the kickstarter was over (I'm looking at you Joker....you ruined everyone's life with that XD )

I think you should reconsider spending that 35quid.you really seem to be unsure and the purchase seems big to you. You are asking again and again (maybe a separate thread with a poll. But even then these thingsbneed to he heard.

Dark can sound good, 8.A, LCD-2. Though some will hate them and those are on par with or better than the V8 (same category) so you could HATE EM, or love or meh.

If you want the "perfect sound" can't afford getting a second pair or want to use them for years to come 35 seems worth it :)

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #6,324 of 7,417
If you want the "perfect sound" can't afford getting a second pair or want to use them for years to come 35 seems worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

In the grand scheme of things, 35 pounds is small price to pay for peace of mind about a large purchase like this. You have expended at least 47 pounds 36 pence in psychological currency
biggrin.gif
 wondering which one to pick!

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #6,325 of 7,417
In the grand scheme of things, 35 pounds is small price to pay for peace of mind about a large purchase like this. You have expended at least 47 pounds 36 pence in psychological currency:D  wondering which one to pick!

In was gonna add something similar, but did not have a chance (was with a client).

Yeah a very small convienence fee that benefits you and us (joking but true).

On another note, the graphs for frequency make the A10 look brighter than the U6/V6S , and Joker mention the sub bass to dig deeper on the v6 S than the A12 even, so I will stay A12 but with my wife loving her V6S I wondering ifntye A12 is better. Vitaliy's description and on the phone advice seems to indicate A10 for her bit the review and graphs make me Wonder...

Probably will stuck with A10/for her unless they have a demo when we drive down to Portland for the day :)

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #6,326 of 7,417
They designed the A10 for a reason - it will have a different signature than the A12 and will serve a different customer - there will be more treble and air most likely. I like the warmth - when Joker mentioned the Heir 8A in his prelim review of the A12 - he had me hooked. It is still one of my favorite headphones.

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #6,327 of 7,417
Not sure if responding to my post.

If so, yup they all several different purposes for me it is the A12, mainly becauaenof 8.A as well (really want Adel for it). Love to see a pic of how yours look!

But for my wife she seems to like the V6S , A10 seemed to be the best upgrade path for her based on Tue webcast and on phone conversation with Vitaliy, but the graph showing less bass and more highs might make it too bright/lean for her tastes.

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #6,328 of 7,417
Not sure if responding to my post.

If so, yup they all several different purposes for me it is the A12, mainly becauaenof 8.A as well (really want Adel for it). Love to see a pic of how yours look!

But for my wife she seems to like the V6S , A10 seemed to be the best upgrade path for her based on Tue webcast and on phone conversation with Vitaliy, but the graph showing less bass and more highs might make it too bright/lean for her tastes.

My 8A's?

Here you go - just took picture....

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #6,329 of 7,417
Looking good!what cable are you using?
My 8A's?

Here you go - just took picture....

Mine are here

They made/make nice stuff. They did a car dark smoke main shell then a layer of red acrylic and then laser cut aluminum on top of the red acrylic.

I am nor sure if 1964 will engrave/cut the almuninum like that. Does anyone know?

Can't wait till we all start posting pics of our A12/A10's , wife and I are really trying to figure out good designs, luckily she does that type of stuff for a living and I am not bad at it either hahaha

Dec 17, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #6,330 of 7,417
I listen to Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett - that's old school. Debbie Gibson is Junior High School - lol.

Okay bro, I stand corrected. :D

Haha fair point although in my defence -
2) I already said, access to them in the UK is pretty much impossible - and I'm not paying £35 just for a listen.

£35 is worth the peace of mind you get knowing you made the right choice. Trust me, you don't want to feel pangs of regret or constantly second guessing yourself. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back