1964 Ears
Nov 28, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #6,077 of 7,417

Nice!  Still trying to decide between V6S CIEM or U6 (or U8) universals...

I'd think the universals are a bit of a gamble, considering adel is a very new tech from 1964. V6S are solid, and at $560 are a steal, value galore! If you're looking for an iem upgrade, the customs would surely do the trick (assuming you don't already have better iems 
wink_face.gif
). 

Then again...you could just do both! 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #6,078 of 7,417
I'd think the universals are a bit of a gamble, considering adel is a very new tech from 1964. V6S are solid, and at $560 are a steal, value galore! If you're looking for an iem upgrade, the customs would surely do the trick (assuming you don't already have better iems :wink_face: ). 

Then again...you could just do both! :ksc75smile:

They said you would be able to turn it 'off'. I don't think it's much of a gamble since it is from a trustworthy company with a lot of backing. And it's based off something that already exists. The A10 and A12, and the ambient series are the real gambles since they aren't based off anything so you don't really know exactly what you're going to get.

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #6,079 of 7,417
"They said you would be able to turn it 'off'."

Ah, I didn't know that. That does make them more tempting...personally I feel that with a budget this high for iems, it almost doesn't make sense to get anything but customs (at least as far as fit and sq are concerned). Then again, resale value would be much higher for universals.

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #6,081 of 7,417
Nice!  Still trying to decide between V6S CIEM or U6 (or U8) universals...

Boils down to three things, IMO:

1. Do really want custom over universal, or the opposite (though V series can be made universal)?

2. Are you willing to pay an extra $100 to get your new toys in 6-8 weeks or so, rather than waiting until May for the U series from the Kickstarter campaign?

3. Do you buy into 1964's claim the ADEL technology brings worthwhile improvements to the sound delivered by an IEM?

Edit: Regarding #1 above, if you tend to have upgrade-itis then universals might make more sense (as they should be easier to sell).

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #6,083 of 7,417
planned on being a JH5 Pro owner but black friday told me to own the 1964-V2 instead.

know nothing about them really, but ill be happy to finally own a pair of molded earbuds.  till now, my best earbuds were the ultimate ears 500vm with comply foam tips.

how much better is my life going to get, guys?

slightly disappointed about the JH5 Pro plans falling through, but this is still a good thing...right?

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #6,084 of 7,417
Just ordered uni V8 with black friday deal and also the U6 from kickstarter. Can't wait to compare them all.

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #6,085 of 7,417

slightly disappointed about the JH5 Pro plans falling through, but this is still a good thing...right?

I'd say so...$320 for dual driver customs is a great deal. I haven't really heard anything "bad" about the V2. You'll get the same isolation and good fit, just with a different sound sig, which, for all we know could be better (to you) than the sound sig of the JH5. I could be wrong though, i haven't looked much at the JH5 model, perhaps someone else who has had the opportunity to sample both models can be of assistance here?

Nov 29, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #6,086 of 7,417

I'd say so...$320 for dual driver customs is a great deal. I haven't really heard anything "bad" about the V2. You'll get the same isolation and good fit, just with a different sound sig, which, for all we know could be better (to you) than the sound sig of the JH5. I could be wrong though, i haven't looked much at the JH5 model, perhaps someone else who has had the opportunity to sample both models can be of assistance here?

hey thanks you could be very right. its all subjective.  they ended up being $378.20 cuz i put a design on both ears (i figure i would spend the extra $25 per ear to personalize them since they are going to only fit me) and the cheapest shipping was $20ish (wasn't expecting to pay for shipping).

i guess i also have to go to costco to get my ears molded...i heard they are the cheapest/free possibly?

oh well, I've been wanting custom earpieces for a year now and i can finally stop stressing the issue...im sure ill love them since the fanciest earbuds i have ever owned are the ultimate ears 500vm with comply tips (for $12).  i take good care of my stuff and feel like these will last a lifetime (hopefully).

i also want to state that i can't consider myself an "audiophile" because i don't really get all the nuances and stuff.  but i have noticed a difference in just changing to the comply foam tips - the noise isolation is a huge part to me about the music.  i don't know about armatures & drivers & all that stuff but only know a bit about music, frequency, wavelength, etc...i hope i don't start getting super picky and damage my relationship with music.

hey, has anyone who ever customized the 1964s before ever noticed how when you finalize your artwork, its slightly shifted and different when you get to the summary screen?  will they adjust for this and send it how you manipulated it or how the computer ends up interpreting it?

thanks!

EDIT: oh yeah, don't forget to sign up for chase freedom credit card for $200 off when you charge $500 within 3 months or discover $150 off when you charge $750 in 3 months...really helps with the final price!  PM me if anyone wants a link

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #6,087 of 7,417
You guys are lucky.

I was intent on purchasing uni v8's with the bf deal. Sadly my billing address is overseas and i wanted to have it shipped to my in-laws in FL.

paypal wouldn't let me also. Shipping here from overseas is just horrible and expensive.

I'm sad my plans in getting an awesome iem didn't push through. I'll make sure next year...

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #6,088 of 7,417
@mrmax Take a look at the 1964/ADEL kickstarter campaign. Since you were looking for uni V8s, the U8 sounds like it's precisely your cup of tea. You can still pledge for the early bird discount and receive the U8s in May 2015, It's a better price than yesterday's BF deal, and it can be shipped internationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back