1964 Ears
Nov 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #6,063 of 7,417
Guys, please give me a small advice. I have an Earsonics SM64 and I am considering 1964 Ears V6s universal during black friday sale. I can sell my SM64 for about 310 dollars. and get V6s universal for 560 dollars with a discount. It is about 250 dollars difference - does it worth it? I am really hesitant about this upgrade,

Last year on BF I odered the V6-Stage as an upgrade from my SM64. TBH, I was fairly nervous about spending that much and then not liking the sound signature - so I went with a universal.

Bottom line is if you appreciate the SM64 you'll likely find the V6-Stage a very worthwhile upgrade!

A bit more sub-bass, mids a bit more forward, and better extension on the highs. Like the SM64 everything works together excellently for a very cohesive and coherent presentation (something I really appreciated about the SM64).

Oh, and the with the V6-Stage add in much more detail and clarity across the entire frequency range. I was surprised and impressed by the gain in detail. This level of detail make instrument placement and separation spot on. It's pretty easy to understand why these are popular with stage musicians.

The soundstage is a bit taller and deeper, and just about as wide as the SM64 which also helps to improve realism and overall presentation.

For the tightest, cleanest bass you'll want to use a source/amp with low output impedance (1 Ohm or less, is best), if you can.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #6,064 of 7,417
Given that nobody has heard the A12... That being said I'm waiting for a universal version of the A12 :)

FYI. In an email reply from customer service at 1964 Ears they told me the A10 and A12 could be made in universal form. Price is the same as the customs. We'll be able to request universal when they contact us after the KS campaign is over.

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #6,065 of 7,417
FYI. In an email reply from customer service at 1964 Ears they told me the A10 and A12 could be made in universal form. Price is the same as the customs. We'll be able to request universal when they contact us after the KS campaign is over.

... I've already spent $100 to ship them my impressions! I should have asked them earlier...

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #6,066 of 7,417
Well, I need to decide whether or not to take a gamble on 1964/ADEL U6 universals or jump on V6S customs. I'll probably end up ordering the customs, especially since I can just drive over to 1964 EARS and get impressions in their office. I imagine that should help with getting a proper fit and expedite any refit issues.

Nov 28, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #6,067 of 7,417

That's it. I'm in.

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #6,068 of 7,417
First time post:

New X5 in hand and trying to purchase the V6-Stage.  So exciting. And YES! Custom options seem to be the most difficult decision making process ever.

Anyway, Everything is going well until I try and check out with the 20% promo added.

Paypal option says: "Error Initializing" and CC option says "Can't accept my credit card" (Which is MasterCard and has been serving me well today on other sites)

Have any other Canadians successfully ordered today?

(BTW: Don't mention the wallet. What it doesn't know won't hurt it)   :wink:
We have encountered an error initializing PayPal payment. Please contact customer service.We have encountered an error initializing PayPal payment. Please contact customer service.

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #6,069 of 7,417
First time post:

New X5 in hand and trying to purchase the V6-Stage.  So exciting. And YES! Custom options seem to be the most difficult decision making process ever.

Anyway, Everything is going well until I try and check out with the 20% promo added.

Paypal option says: "Error Initializing" and CC option says "Can't accept my credit card" (Which is MasterCard and has been serving me well today on other sites)

Have any other Canadians successfully ordered today?

(BTW: Don't mention the wallet. What it doesn't know won't hurt it)   :wink:
We have encountered an error initializing PayPal payment. Please contact customer service.We have encountered an error initializing PayPal payment. Please contact customer service.

You should try calling them. Maybe it's just a glitch in their site, and if that's the case then we can't do anything.

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #6,070 of 7,417
 You should try calling them

Ya. Tried contacting them. Unfortunately, they are closed today due to the holiday. And deal is only for today.

Was just wondering if anybody else successfully ordered. Trying to confirm the "site glitch" theory.

Hoping I don't loose out on the deal.

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #6,071 of 7,417
Ya. Tried contacting them. Unfortunately, they are closed today due to the holiday. And deal is only for today.

Was just wondering if anybody else successfully ordered. Trying to confirm the "site glitch" theory.

Hoping I don't loose out on the deal.

It works for me, but im in the US.

Did you try entering your CC information in their site instead of PP?

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #6,073 of 7,417

Submitted my order last night at around 12:15. V6S, trans dark blue on trans smoke shells. I'll be getting impressions and sending them off on monday. Super excited! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #6,075 of 7,417
Does U6/U8 come out yet i dont see the price on there site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back