1964 Ears
Nov 27, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #6,047 of 7,417
Why universal V6S @Kerouac?

There were 2 reasons why I chose universals some months ago:

1) It saved me the hassle & costs of making & sending ear impressions. I've also read that sometimes you have to get them remolded after some time, because the inside shape of your ears can change.

2) When I had not liked the soundsignature I think it would have been eassier to resell them. A potential buyer doesn't have to let them to get remolded in that case. Besides that, it's also an advantage when you want to give someone else a chance to listen to them..

Still a bit curious about the diffence in SQ between universal and custom fit though. But with some bi-flanges tips I had laying around they give an awesome seal & sound...

Pretty long answer for such a short question, right
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #6,049 of 7,417
  Dang, I just ordered the v6s on Friday for full price. Any chance they would apply the discount to recent orders?

Just saw this is you first post at HF and I understand why you joined to ask this. It's a $140 question.
If I were you I would definitely shoot them a pm on their website to ask. They have great customer service imo, but I'm not sure if you'll get the total discount on them.

Good luck anyway with trying!

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #6,050 of 7,417
Reading through this thread, it sounds like most people usually jump from V3 to V6 stage and skipping Qi and V6 lol

Lol, actually i would recommend the V6 too depending on your sound preference :p

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #6,051 of 7,417
@Kerouac: That's been on my mind, as well. Since they're in my town, I figure geting a edit should be easier than if I were out of state or out of country.

So how did you specify universal when ordering and what tips did they include?

Wow, you can consider yourself lucky that you had that option. I would have done exactly the same if I had that choice, but because I live in the Netherlands...

I could order them using the online designer and on the final payment page, in additional notes, I had to write ''Universal fit version''.

They came with 3 (S/M/L) foam tips, sadly no silicone tips. The stock tips just didn't do it for me, so I've tried some others and the bi-flanges gave me the best seal & sound in the end...

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #6,053 of 7,417
  I am not quite sure about the difference between the V6 and the V6 stage acutally....

V6 is more neutral to bright, better for analytical monitoring type while V6S has more warmth + bass while maintaining a good balance with the mids and treble, a good stage/all rounder type.

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #6,054 of 7,417
The V6-Stage and V8 also have the triple bore design which improves the soundstage quite a bit over the other 1964 products with the dual bore design.

Interestingly, all of the 1964 | ADEL U Series are quad bore (3 + 1 for ADEL). In my mind that makes the U4 quite a value as it should essentially be a "Qi-Stage" plus ADEL for only $300!

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #6,055 of 7,417
  Hi, I am a Shure 535 owner but I am hoping to get my first custom in-ear from 1964ears with the Black Friday discount.

I like the sound of my 535 and wonder which model would suit me more? (There is no demo available near where I live....)

- Qi, or
- V3

Thanks alot

I can't remember how the SE535 sounds now, since I sold mine more than 2 years ago. Nevertheless, I prefer the sound of the V3 to the Qi. It has a strong bass punch, a nice, lush mid-range, and extended, sparkling treble that suits most modern genres of music. EDM sounds great on the V3. I don't think you can go wrong with it, to be honest.

However, if you can stretch your budget, I'd wholeheartedly recommend the V6-Stage. It's the best IEM in the V-series, IMO.

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #6,057 of 7,417
Sounds like what I heard yesterday at 1964 EARS home base. Can you comment on V8 everyday use as far as bass presence goes. It seemed to be warm but not overwhelming when songs weren't already bass heavy. When songs were bass heavy, the V8's bass came out to play big time and sounded more or less appropriate to me.

Sorry man I'm not too sure about what you mean about commenting on its everyday use. To be blunt here, think of it as a very refined beats (just an example as beats sound is a so called mainstream sound). The bass comes out feeling like it's producedfrom dynamic driver rather than balanced armatures hence it is very filling. Love to use it on trance music but I'd avoid more vocal genres or artist such as Adele while using the V8 on stock cable unles I'm able to pair the V8 with a cable that can increase its clarity will reducing bass slightly. You can think of the V8 as playing cards when it comes to certain genres, sometimes on the appropriate genres, it will show jand and you will be amazed, other times it will just bid its time and do its best, although it knows the time isn't right to show hand.

Nov 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #6,058 of 7,417
Is the v6 stage still worth it if I already have the V6? Still trying to decide between the V6 stage, A10, or A12. Already spent a ton this black friday so I'm hesitant to stay in the A12 kickstarter :frowning2:

Nov 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #6,059 of 7,417
Guys, please give me a small advice. I have an Earsonics SM64 and I am considering 1964 Ears V6s universal during black friday sale. I can sell my SM64 for about 310 dollars. and get V6s universal for 560 dollars with a discount. It is about 250 dollars difference - does it worth it? I am really hesitant about this upgrade,

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #6,060 of 7,417
Is the v6 stage still worth it if I already have the V6? Still trying to decide between the V6 stage, A10, or A12. Already spent a ton this black friday so I'm hesitant to stay in the A12 kickstarter
frown.gif

Given that nobody has heard the A12... That being said I'm waiting for a universal version of the A12 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back