1964 Ears
Nov 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #5,701 of 7,417

Thanks. Do let us know once you get a reply, if you do. I think we're all eager to know how the ADEL technology affects the IEM's sound presentation.

Just shot them an e-mail asking whether the ADEL vent will allow sound leakage and reduce isolation. Also how the 10 and 12-driver are supposed to sound, such as neutralish, v-shaped, u-shaped, basshead, etc.

If they reply I'll post it here.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #5,702 of 7,417
Just shot them an e-mail asking whether the ADEL vent will allow sound leakage and reduce isolation. Also how the 10 and 12-driver are supposed to sound, such as neutralish, v-shaped, u-shaped, basshead, etc.

If they reply I'll post it here.

Great! Hope we'll get a reply soon.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #5,703 of 7,417
Just posted this in the ADEL thread:

Okay, so here's an update. I just called 1964ears and spoke to one of the guys there.

With regards to the ADEL technology, he said that the ambient port will let in outside noise when you open it up (and thus probably also leak sound, but he didn't specify that, that's my own interpretation). BUT, you can fully close it for full noise isolation, and doing so will still allow the ADEL technology to work, so it will still absorb part of the pneumatic pressure. So my understanding is that regardless of how you have the ambient port set, the ADEL stuff will work either way. Now that I'm typing this I realize I should have asked whether or not the noise isolation will be the same as a normal acrylic CIEM when the ambient port is fully clozed, just to clarify. Maybe someone else here can give them a call and find out :)

As for the tuning of the 10-driver and 12-driver models, he wasn't exactly sure yet how they would be tuned, but he expects one of them to have a 'natural' tuning, and the other to have a more 'bassier' tuning. He said that more details will be released soon on the kickstarter page.

Anyway, what he said about how the ADEL technology works has me much more interested now in these. I was about to pull the trigger on a JH13 today or tomorrow, but now I'll wait a few more days until more details have been released.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #5,704 of 7,417

Okay, so here's an update. I just called 1964ears and spoke to one of the guys there.

With regards to the ADEL technology, he said that the ambient port will let in outside noise when you open it up (and thus probably also leak sound, but he didn't specify that, that's my own interpretation). BUT, you can fully close it for full noise isolation, and doing so will still allow the ADEL technology to work, so it will still absorb part of the pneumatic pressure. So my understanding is that regardless of how you have the ambient port set, the ADEL stuff will work either way. Now that I'm typing this I realize I should have asked whether or not the noise isolation will be the same as a normal acrylic CIEM when the ambient port is fully clozed, just to clarify. Maybe someone else here can give them a call and find out :)

As for the tuning of the 10-driver and 12-driver models, he wasn't exactly sure yet how they would be tuned, but he expects one of them to have a 'natural' tuning, and the other to have a more 'bassier' tuning. He said that more details will be released soon on the kickstarter page.

Anyway, what he said about how the ADEL technology works has me much more interested now in these. I was about to pull the trigger on a JH13 today or tomorrow, but now I'll wait a few more days until more details have been released.

This is pretty interesting stuff. I wonder if they will offer "non-ADEL" versions of the 10 and 12 driver models.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #5,705 of 7,417

Thanks for sharing! :smile:

It seems odd that the ADEL technology works whether the port is closed or not. If that's the case, why have the adjustable vent at all?

This is pretty interesting stuff. I wonder if they will offer "non-ADEL" versions of the 10 and 12 driver models.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping to see. The ADEL stuff doesn't appeal to me so much as these new 10/12 driver flagships.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #5,706 of 7,417

With regards to the ADEL technology, he said that the ambient port will let in outside noise when you open it up (and thus probably also leak sound, but he didn't specify that, that's my own interpretation). BUT, you can fully close it for full noise isolation, and doing so will still allow the ADEL technology to work, so it will still absorb part of the pneumatic pressure. So my understanding is that regardless of how you have the ambient port set, the ADEL stuff will work either way. Now that I'm typing this I realize I should have asked whether or not the noise isolation will be the same as a normal acrylic CIEM when the ambient port is fully clozed, just to clarify. Maybe someone else here can give them a call and find out
smily_headphones1.gif

Same, I really prefer a neutral tuning with non-ADEL plus 10-12 drivers 
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #5,708 of 7,417
*sigh*... Oh how you burn a hole in my pocket...

So I'm loving my Qi IEM! They sound great, but now all the audio sources that used to be just fine for me just isn't cutting it! I hear background hiss on my macbook air because of impedance mismatch... 25 ohms for the Qi ins't a lot! Anyway I can cheaply fix this impedance mismatch?

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #5,709 of 7,417

So I'm loving my Qi IEM! They sound great, but now all the audio sources that used to be just fine for me just isn't cutting it! I hear background hiss on my macbook air because of impedance mismatch... 25 ohms for the Qi ins't a lot! Anyway I can cheaply fix this impedance mismatch?

http://www.headphone.com/products/etymotic-er-4p-to-er-4s-adapter

i think this is what you're looking for???? i'm not smart but this is my guess lol. can be found cheaper on ebay

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #5,710 of 7,417
Because when it's closed "it will still absorb part of the pneumatic pressure."

Yeah, but if leaving it open means losing isolation, I have a feeling that most owners will simply keep it closed. We'll have to see how much pneumatic pressure it actually diffuses if the vents are closed.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #5,711 of 7,417

http://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-Inpedance-Plug
I use this, cheaper than the one xedjflowx posted. I have noticed some changes to sq on my IEMs but nothing really major.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 4, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #5,712 of 7,417
  http://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-Inpedance-Plug
I use this, cheaper than the one xedjflowx posted. I have noticed some changes to sq on my IEMs but nothing really major.

Thanks... I wish they had a rating on it? How much ohms does it add? But it does meet the "cheap" requirement!

http://www.headphone.com/products/etymotic-er-4p-to-er-4s-adapter

i think this is what you're looking for???? i'm not smart but this is my guess lol. can be found cheaper on ebay

If I can find this for cheap, it looks like it fits the bill! Thanks for the link!

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #5,713 of 7,417

Thanks... I wish they had a rating on it? How much ohms does it add? But it does meet the "cheap" requirement!

If I can find this for cheap, it looks like it fits the bill! Thanks for the link!

Like how much impedance? click --- Please Select --- and you should be able to choose 75 ohm or 150 ohm.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 5, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #5,715 of 7,417
Graphics applied to both my V8 and V6-Stage today - we are nearing the home stretch I think.....

C'mon, buff them and ship them! 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back